News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

SuddenStorm

Wait and here's one from 2017! Ha! Perhaps @mickEblu and I should change our names to the "Disneyland Whisperers", as we have been on point when it comes to calling whether or not a project will be good or should be attempted at all (Joking, Joking)

Now that I've thought about it for a bit, the idea of a coco themed indoor dark ride would be amazing. There's a lot to explore in the world set up in the film, with tons of opportunity for unique lighting and animatronic effects. If done properly, with a healthy budget, the ride could be amazing.

They could completely ignore the main family in the film- and have it be your own adventure in the land of the dead.

The world building in this film was some of the best Pixar's done (and is easily better than Frozen), since it was as much driven by the world as it was the characters.

Frozen relies on the characters. Coco relies on the lore, world, and overarching theme of family., which in my opinion makes it much more suitable for a dark ride.

Having something like this would really help strengthen Pixar Pier, by giving it something substantial that's unique to that land.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Wait and here's one from 2017! Ha! Perhaps @mickEblu and I should change our names to the "Disneyland Whisperers", as we have been on point when it comes to calling whether or not a project will be good or should be attempted at all (Joking, Joking)

Are you ready to let them know who our employer is?

EDIT: oops thought I wrote you in messages.

Th3 DUd3

Yes!?!? But not on a Groupon buy effect. Please have someone imagineering something different than a boat ride.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I still feel having two boat rides in DCA is fine. I really don't hear complaints that Disneyland or any other Disney Parks have multiple boat rides.

I think it’s just the fact that they were announced on the same evening and there just happens to be a slam dunk concept for Coco that’s not being used but as we discussed earlier it’s most likely due to capacity reasons.

Homemade Imagineering

I still feel having two boat rides in DCA is fine. I really don't hear complaints that Disneyland or any other Disney Parks have multiple boat rides.
Almost all my favorites are boat/darkrides, can’t complain about what we’re getting!! This’ll be my most anticipated DLR project for the next couple years, I’m really glad it doesn’t seem
to be replacing much of anything either

mickEblu

Original Poster
Almost all my favorites are boat/darkrides, can’t complain about what we’re getting!! This’ll be my most anticipated DLR project for the next couple years, I’m really glad it doesn’t seem
to be replacing much of anything either

Well let’s not count our eggs before they hatch. How attached are you to Paradise Gardens or Goofys Sky School?

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Mulholland Madness should've been demolished instead of rebranded. Paradise Gardens is a waste of precious space. WDI, please re-work that corner of DCA into a Santa Cecilia-inspired mini-land with this allegedly-Pirates/Mansion-inspired Coco boat ride as its centerpiece. Thanks.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Y’all do me a favor and start posting about how you want an X-Wing coaster.

But seriously, maybe this is the reason a coaster hasn't been announced. They re planning on where to put the Star Wars coaster. GE expansion pad or new land based on the OT as part of DL Forward. If we don't get one Star Wars or Marvel coaster (preferably Star Wars) that's just bonkers.

MoonRakerSCM

I'm snooping at google earth swooping around and looking at things... bad habit of mine (it's a curse as I use Google Earth at work AND for fun).

Thought...

What's the current whispers/rumors/life expectation of Redwood Challenge? This area with an entrance path from where the souvenir stand is just to the west of Little Mermaid is 50,000 sq ft. Rockwork and tons of trees on all sides of a building are easy to blend into the area (though I personally do not know what the hotel situation is like on that side (are there rooms on all floors there?

1723432894992.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
Mulholland Madness should've been demolished instead of rebranded. Paradise Gardens is a waste of precious space. WDI, please re-work that corner of DCA into a Santa Cecilia-inspired mini-land with this allegedly-Pirates/Mansion-inspired Coco boat ride as its centerpiece. Thanks.

I wouldn't be opposed to this so long as that stage and all the trees near it remain.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I recall the same comparison was made when The Little Mermaid was under construction. Needless to say, I hope it's better realized in this case.

Yikes, WDI actually said that? Fortunately, whatever criticisms we might have for some of Disney's more middling recent D-tickets, at the very least most have been more, uh, professionally executed than Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

image.png

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I wouldn't be opposed to this so long as that stage and all the trees near it remain.

DCA needs more trees and shaded areas, generally. In this case, however, I'd be okay with bulldozing the entire space. They can build a new bandstand, one that is aesthetically consistent with Coco.

I'm dubious that there's enough space behind Incredicoaster for a Coco boat ride that is truly in the spirit of Pirates/Mansion.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I'm snooping at google earth swooping around and looking at things... bad habit of mine (it's a curse as I use Google Earth at work AND for fun).

Thought...

What's the current whispers/rumors/life expectation of Redwood Challenge? This area with an entrance path from where the souvenir stand is just to the west of Little Mermaid is 50,000 sq ft. Rockwork and tons of trees on all sides of a building are easy to blend into the area (though I personally do not know what the hotel situation is like on that side (are there rooms on all floors there?

View attachment 808515

I haven’t heard anything but I’m not sure they’d want to lose villains grove - one of their biggest Oogie Boogie draws. With that said how long can they get by with Oogie Boogie with the being one of their biggest draws?

mickEblu

Original Poster
DCA needs more trees and shaded areas, generally. In this case, however, I'd be okay with bulldozing the entire space. They can build a new bandstand, one that is aesthetically consistent with Coco.

I'm dubious that there's enough space behind Incredicoaster for a Coco boat ride that is truly in the spirit of Pirates/Mansion.

I think they should be able to work around the trees and put a new stage there.

Yeah I don’t think they meant Pirates/ Mansion in terms of scale. More like AAs, practical effects, style etc. I don’t anticipate this ride being an E ticket. Would love to be wrong.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Thought...

View attachment 808515
That was one of the discussed locations for Avatar. But I think that got squashed when they redid the area earlier this summer for updates to Villains Grove.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom