News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

Original Poster
No sir. I respect and have always appreciated your dialect and arguments. For everyone, what entices you the most when you want to go to different rides? It’s different. In the basic terms of things I, of course would go on Coco as much as I go on Ariel’s. It doesn’t mean it’s a good ride. This is my point. What is a good ride and sadly it’s not about how many people ride the ride. It’s not how many people enjoy the ride. It’s also not as many as people stop ballooning….things. Geesh. DLR will always lose to the secondary Magic Kingdom.

Thank you for the kind remark sir.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Oooooooh you bring up a good point... Lines must be drawn and this is where I draw my line!! Can't live without my precious Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta

I like that whole area. The trees and planters are lovely. It’s maybe the only place at DCA that feels like Disneyland to me. I also love how empty Boardwalk Pizza is. A throwback to days when Disneyland wasn’t mobbed every day.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm snooping at google earth swooping around and looking at things... bad habit of mine (it's a curse as I use Google Earth at work AND for fun).

Thought...

What's the current whispers/rumors/life expectation of Redwood Challenge? This area with an entrance path from where the souvenir stand is just to the west of Little Mermaid is 50,000 sq ft. Rockwork and tons of trees on all sides of a building are easy to blend into the area (though I personally do not know what the hotel situation is like on that side (are there rooms on all floors there?

View attachment 808515
Redwood Creek just came back from a multi-month refurb to add permanent electrical and lighting fixtures for the Villain's Grove. Pretty sure that area is safe for now.

MoonRakerSCM

My thought last night was part of the reason DCA was getting so much love is to build up capacity where it is needed in expectation for the olympics... 4 years is tight, but can be done with work starting early next year (barring any more wet winters like as of late).

mickEblu

Original Poster
My thought last night was part of the reason DCA was getting so much love is to build up capacity where it is needed in expectation for the olympics... 4 years is tight, but can be done with work starting early next year (barring any more wet winters like as of late).

Do you think that they can get done with Avengers and Coco be then? I think it’s possible but definitely not Avatar/ Eastern Gateway too. I was thinking about the Olympics thing the other day. Is that as big of a reason to get the new rides done as people think? You have all these foreign and domestic tourists coming here on once in a lifetime trips. Doesn’t DLR have a pretty big draw as is? I mean on the surface it’s sounds reasonable but does it really matter?

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

Paris' tourism board had 2024 visitors around 11.5 million. So, that's a LOT of people who may want to visit the world's most popular themepark at that time if we get ~10 million people here in LA. That being said, it's obvious not all those 10 million people are getting into Disneyland... but things like the Olympics are good goalposts to aim for. Shoot for the olympics and it's a good way to get things done. Corporate will want to have the parks at capacity all summer long in 2028 to squeeze out as much profit as they can from any visitor.

DLR92

This is probably the only thing I’m okay with and quite excited for.
But if Coco doesn’t contain any drops….I’m going to disappointed.
I can see this in the Pier area. At least the Pier can be a canvas where Disney can actually use much of animation they have to create some needed dark rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom