News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

Disney Analyst

If they use just the space of the current building behind the coaster, it's about 40,000 sqft.
If they move some roads around, they could probably get it up to maybe a little more than 70,000:

View attachment 808120 View attachment 808121

I don't know what's back there that can be moved or not moved, but this only gets rid of open space, and not any of the other backstage buildings.

For comparison, Haunted Mansion and Small World are both around 60,000 sqft, and Pirates is over 100,000. Runaway Railway is 85,000, although I think that building also includes offices, so the actual square footage of the ride might be smaller. Rise is 75,000, not including the queue.

Little Mermaid and Spider Man are both around 30,000, Winnie the Pooh is 25,000. Monster's Inc and Roger Rabbit are 20,000.

So if they used just the existing building, there's room for a C to low D ticket I'd guess. If they expanded it, you're at a high D to an E. Just based on size, not based on anything else of course

Could they sink the show building in the ground in someway and do a multilevel ride? Use the space vertically with lifts and drops like pirates?

Dr.Cheeto

I hope they make an old LA Olvera Street inspired area for this. It would thematically fit in DCA and could be a cool transition into the ride, where guests could then be transported into the land of the dead.

MoonRakerSCM

If they use just the space of the current building behind the coaster, it's about 40,000 sqft.
If they move some roads around, they could probably get it up to maybe a little more than 70,000:

View attachment 808120 View attachment 808121

I don't know what's back there that can be moved or not moved, but this only gets rid of open space, and not any of the other backstage buildings.

For comparison, Haunted Mansion and Small World are both around 60,000 sqft, and Pirates is over 100,000. Runaway Railway is 85,000, although I think that building also includes offices, so the actual square footage of the ride might be smaller. Rise is 75,000, not including the queue.

Little Mermaid and Spider Man are both around 30,000, Winnie the Pooh is 25,000. Monster's Inc and Roger Rabbit are 20,000.

So if they used just the existing building, there's room for a C to low D ticket I'd guess. If they expanded it, you're at a high D to an E. Just based on size, not based on anything else of course
For reference, the entire Mexico Pavilion building at Epcot is ~56,000 sq ft. That has a full village, ride, and restaurant in it...

MoonRakerSCM

My guess is most if not all of Hollywood is becoming Avatar.

I'm hard leaning toward that... the big thing to me is, I honestly think if they were in fact finally bridging over the road to Simba, they would announce it. Something along the lines of 'the first step in the future of Disneyland resort will be Avatarland' or something like that.

Touchdown

If it goes where the parade building is, that would mean an end to any parade (with floats) at DCA, no more PTN, MSEP, Viva Navidad, Chinese New Year, Pixar Parade, etc. I wonder if the Pirates comment was a hint at going under a road, what if they take out Boardwalk Pizza, reroute the backstage road around DCA (or make it a dead end) and have the queue and small ride building with load (perhaps with a DL San Angel Inn) on that side and then have the main show building be in the DL forward plot taking up some of the DD parking lot.

DisneyRoxMySox

Doesn’t seem likely on the heels of DL Forward and all the expansion plots. It would be hard for me to see them removing Monsters Inc and Little Mermaid. You’d be losing two family friendly rides to gain two family friendly rides albeit much better ones.
Fair enough. It seems the prevailing thought is that Avatar moves into Hollywoodland. So I wasn’t sure if yesterday’s announcements were limited to the existing footprint, so to speak and that they Disneyland Forward plots would be the subject of future announcements.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Fair enough. It seems the prevailing thought is that Avatar moves into Hollywoodland. So I wasn’t sure if yesterday’s announcements were limited to the existing footprint, so to speak and that they Disneyland Forward plots would be the subject of future announcements.

They most likely were limited to the existing footprint minus the bus loop. If they cram the rest of Marvel/ Coco/ Avatar in DCA proper and end up putting Frozen in DL proper as just a single attraction/ shop/ restaurant as part of a Fantasyland expansion it really makes you wonder what the possibilities are for DL Forward.

MoonRakerSCM

If it goes where the parade building is, that would mean an end to any parade (with floats) at DCA, no more PTN, MSEP, Viva Navidad, Chinese New Year, Pixar Parade, etc. I wonder if the Pirates comment was a hint at going under a road, what if they take out Boardwalk Pizza, reroute the backstage road around DCA (or make it a dead end) and have the queue and small ride building with load (perhaps with a DL San Angel Inn) on that side and then have the main show building be in the DL forward plot taking up some of the DD parking lot.
Isn't there another parade building at DCA? Between Incredicoaster loading and Carsland?

captveg

They most likely were limited to the existing footprint minus the bus loop. If they cram the rest of Marvel/ Coco/ Avatar in DCA proper and end up putting Frozen in DL proper as just a single attraction/ shop/ restaurant as part of a Fantasyland expansion it really makes you wonder what the possibilities are for DL Forward.
I'd wager a version of the Villains land would be under consideration on the DL side of DF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom