News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

Original Poster
Ok, so say they do put just a (very) small themed Santa Cecilia, in my opinion I don't think you're going to get Monstropolis (at least on the level of DHS) with the doors coaster and Santa Cecilia in this scenario. Because if they put Santa Cecilia with the Coco attraction (whatever it maybe) in the Transpo area with its attraction, that leaves very little space left for a Monstrolpolis land with a coaster plus keeping Monsters Inc. Lose Monsters Inc. and maybe you get the coaster, but its placement just breaks up what can be done with the land.

I don’t need a Monstropolis on the level of DHS . When it comes to Monstropolis it’s not the locale as much as the coaster concept, meshing with the surrounding area (Hollywoodland) and building upon what’s already there for me. I’m ok with the rides taking up most of the room. Same thing with Santa Cecilia. Totally good with a little mini land in front of the show building. Not good with it just getting thrown into the backlot with Monsters Inc. but I honestly can’t see that happening. So I’m not sure how much credibility I can give this new MC rumor.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t need a Monstropolis on the level of DHS . When it comes to Monstropolis it’s not the locale as much as the coaster concept, meshing with the surrounding area (Hollywoodland) and building upon what’s already there for me. I’m ok with the rides taking up most of the room. Same thing with Santa Cecilia. Totally good with a little mini land in front of the show building. Not good with it just getting thrown into the backlot with Monsters Inc. but I honestly can’t see that happening. So I’m not sure how much credibility I can give this new MC rumor.
I agree with you that I can't see them cramming in Coco next to Monsters Inc and just call it a day. As I mentioned before I can't recall the last time MC even scooped a rumor that turned out true, it has to be 7+ years at least.

Anyways I just can't see the coaster going in if they also plan to use part of the area for Santa Cecilia too and keep Monsters Inc. Just not enough space in my opinion,

mickEblu

Original Poster
I agree with you that I can't see them cramming in Coco next to Monsters Inc and just call it a day. As I mentioned before I can't recall the last time MC even scooped a rumor that turned out true, it has to be 7+ years at least.

Anyways I just can't see the coaster going in if they also plan to use part of the area for Santa Cecilia too and keep Monsters Inc. Just not enough space in my opinion,

Is this not realistic…

Blue = Monstropolis
Purple = Doors Coaster
Orange = Coco ride / Santa Cecilia mini land

It’s doable but whether Disney has the will or sees the value doing it this way is another story.

9ABAC032-1974-4C2F-BF2B-DD768F9B9347.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is this not realistic…

Blue = Monstropolis
Purple = Doors Coaster

It’s doable but whether Disney has the will or sees the value doing it this way is another story.

View attachment 819620
Only if you don't believe the rumor of the Hyperion area being part of a future 5th Avengers attraction. So sure its doable if you go outside the confines of the Backlot and engulf the surrounding area. But my opinion is based just on the remaining area within the Backlot proper, which there isn't enough space.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Only if you don't believe the rumor of the Hyperion area being part of a future 5th Avengers attraction. So sure its doable if you go outside the confines of the Backlot and engulf the surrounding area. But my opinion is based just on the remaining area within the Backlot proper, which there isn't enough space.

Don’t think I’ve heard that rumor nor do I like it for a variety of reasons.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Is this not realistic…

Blue = Monstropolis
Purple = Doors Coaster

View attachment 819620

This plan also keeps that expansion pad ant Pixar Pier open for an Inside Out dark ride. Considering the sequel just did over a billion dollars that’s probably something they re interested in. Also fits the theme of the pier better IMO. They need to be smart with their land. Do the Inside Out ride in the Inside Out neighborhood. Don’t throw away one of two family dark rides in the park. Expand and build around it. Monsters is pretty much an evergreen property.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hahah I must have tried to forget. Really hope they don’t get rid of the Hyperion for another Marvel ride in that hodge podge ugly land.
Honestly a few tweaks and the land would actually be a whole lot better. Primarily I'd just like them to add a lot more trees to the area.

Anyways if true it appears they have the Hyperion slated for something else, so not likely a place for the doors coaster. So I'm back to my opinion there isn't enough space for both Coco and the doors coaster if Monsters Inc stays, its either one or the other in my opinion. Or get rid of Monsters Inc to build out Monstropolis and the doors coaster, with Coco and Santa Cecilia behind it in the Transpo area, which I would be fine with.

captveg

In any case, they have to be preparing to break ground on EGW no later than June 2025 by my estimate, so we're likely to get a big update on that plan soon. That could also provide updated plans for the Backlot one way or another.

coffeefan

They can retheme all of Hollywood land into the Monstropolis version of Hollywood complete with a Monsters walk of fame, and yeah the Hyperian into the door coaster.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Honestly a few tweaks and the land would actually be a whole lot better. Primarily I'd just like them to add a lot more trees to the area.

Anyways if true it appears they have the Hyperion slated for something else, so not likely a place for the doors coaster. So I'm back to my opinion there isn't enough space for both Coco and the doors coaster if Monsters Inc stays, its either one or the other in my opinion. Or get rid of Monsters Inc to build out Monstropolis and the doors coaster, with Coco and Santa Cecilia behind it in the Transpo area, which I would be fine with.

Well there are multiple rumors out there. I guess we choose which ones we want to believe in.

I think between the 4 attractions and the land finally getting the E ticket headliner that’s more than enough. Let’s diversify and get some other IP into the park.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well there are multiple rumors out there. I guess we choose which ones we want to believe in.

I think between the 4 attractions and the land finally getting the E ticket headliner that’s more than enough. Let’s diversify and get some other IP into the park.
As Marvel fan I'm always going to be a bit biased. But overall I just don't see any reason why the land can't have a 5th attraction. Even now TL technically has 7 attractions (8 if you count the DLRR stop). So there is nothing in my opinion why AC can't get a 5th, other than your desire to have the Hyperion taken over by something else if it doesn't remain a theater.

Anyways the rumor I still believe in for Coco is behind the Incredicoaster. But if it is to go into the Backlot then I'm more inclined to want them to demo all of the Backlot including Monsters. That way they can redo the entire area and give it a proper land for both Coco and Monsters, which would include your desired doors coaster. But who knows what will happen, so your guess is as good as mine. Time will tell I guess. :)

mickEblu

Original Poster
As Marvel fan I'm always going to be a bit biased. But overall I just don't see any reason why the land can't have a 5th attraction. Even now TL technically has 7 attractions (8 if you count the DLRR stop). So there is nothing in my opinion why AC can't get a 5th, other than your desire to have the Hyperion taken over by something else if it doesn't remain a theater.

Anyways the rumor I still believe in for Coco is behind the Incredicoaster. But if it is to go into the Backlot then I'm more inclined to want them to demo all of the Backlot including Monsters. That way they can redo the entire area and give it a proper land for both Coco and Monsters, which would include your desired doors coaster. But who knows what will happen, so your guess is as good as mine. Time will tell I guess. :)

I just think it’s overkill but that could also be because it doesn’t interest me. The difference with the example you provided is that TL is comprised of a mix or original attractions and attractions based on different IP. AC is ALL Marvel superhero characters. One Note.

I’m definitely open to bulldozing Monsters Inc if that’s what it takes to get a Coco ride and the Doors coaster/ Monstropolis back there but it would make it more sweet if they could find a way to keep it IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom