News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

Original Poster
It’s hard for me to believe that DCA is just an Avengers ride and a mediocre Coco ride away from the park being “finished.” Makes me worry about Grizzly Peak. In fact. A third gate might be the death knell for Grizzly Peak. At least in its current non Endor form. Anyway, even if Coco were to go in the old Hollywood restaurant/ empty soundstage in the backlot they would still have the bus transpo area which makes me confused on why the rumor isn’t that Coco is going back there. If you put Coco in that small soundstage whatever goes in the bus transpo area will be that much less grand even if they end up demolishing Monsters Inc. Anyway, a Micechat rumor is hardly worth all of this speculation. These aren’t the Lutz days.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
a Micechat rumor is hardly worth all of this speculation. These aren’t the Lutz days.
I barely read them anymore. The glory days of @KevinYee's insightful articles are long gone, and the attitude over there has been very PRO-everything Disney does for a while. They posted a critical article a few months ago, and it was quite a breath of fresh air.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think that was a different poster if I’m not mistaken.

Sure is but I think a lot of that has to do with how much is in flux and just the fact that Disney doesn’t know what they re doing yet.
I believe it was the same poster, they used to go by TimeDuck.

I think they have a plan, just like they have many plans in various stages. If I was to guess its just a matter of deciding on scale, just like TL, and GE, and all the other major projects over the years that ended up changing from what was originally rumored.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I believe it was the same poster, they used to go by TimeDuck.

I think they have a plan, just like they have many plans in various stages. If I was to guess its just a matter of deciding on scale, just like TL, and GE, and all the other major projects over the years that ended up changing from what was originally rumored.

Yeah you might be right

Well if you have a plan and that plan keeps changing that kind of means you don’t know what you re doing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well the rumor is not popular. Disney needs to share more info soon.

Ah, the whiny complaints of vloggers who depend on vlogging for income and want Disney to spoon feed them information so they can then re-spoon feed them to their subs.

The fans are mad about the lack of info!!! (These "fans" being less than 0.1% of guests.)

Does the fashion industry have online superfans who are constantly negging Macy's for not revealing their winter collection yet?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well if you have a plan and that plan keeps changing that kind of means you don’t know what you re doing.
I understand your point-of-view, but I wouldn't call it that. I don't know how much you've worked in the corporate world in your life, but I've worked my entire life in it. Plans change and are always evolving as the priority of things change until they are solidified. Heck this happened even in Walt's day. I mean just go back and look at the original plans for Disneyland itself, or even any of the classic attractions, none of them end up how they were first planned. They changed and evolved until they became the Park and attractions that you love today.

So we're going to just have to wait and see what happens, but I think they have a plan and it just keeps evolving as they prioritize different aspects of the overall project.

wityblack

I understand your point-of-view, but I wouldn't call it that. I don't know how much you've worked in the corporate world in your life, but I've worked my entire life in it. Plans change and are always evolving as the priority of things change until they are solidified. Heck this happened even in Walt's day. I mean just go back and look at the original plans for Disneyland itself, or even any of the classic attractions, none of them end up how they were first planned. They changed and evolved until they became the Park and attractions that you love today.

So we're going to just have to wait and see what happens, but I think they have a plan and it just keeps evolving as they prioritize different aspects of the overall project.
I also don't know how often they use to announced things 2-4 years before construction starts. I think they wanted to show they had more solidified plans after the drought of information and attractions over the last four years, which caused them to announce things a little earlier into development than usual. Not "blue sky" early mind you, but early nonetheless, while things are still in flux.

BasiltheBatLord

Today's Micechat report is claiming that the location for Coco (and Avatar) is in flux, and that Hollywood Land may be saved, with Coco being a new build there instead of Pixar Pier.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Today's Micechat report is claiming that the location for Coco (and Avatar) is in flux, and that Hollywood Land may be saved, with Coco being a new build there instead of Pixar Pier.

Bit late to the party, we started that discussion 4 pages ago when their article came out on Monday. :)

Phroobar

There really needs to be an Inside Out dark ride somewhere on Disney property. It could take over the entire Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot and Tomorrowland's Innoventions building. We can be a memory ball rolling down a track like a Marble Tower toy.

1000003273.jpg

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

It's hard to go wrong when you say it can go any where!!

CosmicDuck

Agreed best case for the land without a doubt. Best case for DCA I'm not so sure. Then again does it really matter if you're an annual pass holder that has access to all 2 or 3 three of the parks?

What was the ding ding ding about then if it has nothing to do with the third gate? Just in regards to Coco?
Boils down to Disneyland resort's inability to make a decision when it comes to concrete plans for the DLForward plots. It's keeping Coco and Pandora in a constant state of shuffling.

(My speculation ->) I don't think a third park has anything to do with the above but you could make the argument that maybe it does depending on how far down the line they're thinking and what they're planning.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I thought DLF was for expansion only and not a third gate? The plot isn't big enough for another park.
It could be either.

However, it doesn't make sense to build a third gate with regard to ops cost and opening up a gate that is fully loaded with enough attractions to compete with at least DCA. That's dropping $4-$6B to make that happen.

Given Disney's finances, they're not in a position to do that for at least the next three years. The best they could do is announce now for 2030 or later. Which means any new attractions get crammed into DCA.

Vclguy90

It could be either.

However, it doesn't make sense to build a third gate with regard to ops cost and opening up a gate that is fully loaded with enough attractions to compete with at least DCA. That's dropping $4-$6B to make that happen.

Given Disney's finances, they're not in a position to do that for at least the next three years. The best they could do is announce now for 2030 or later. Which means any new attractions get crammed into DCA.
That's what it seems. Why would they even put that out there as if it was good idea? Why would anyone want a tiny theme park with no room for expansion over two very good preexisting parks that can be expanded.

A third gate there would be a 3 hour park.

Last edited:

KevinYee

I barely read them anymore. The glory days of @KevinYee's insightful articles are long gone, and the attitude over there has been very PRO-everything Disney does for a while. They posted a critical article a few months ago, and it was quite a breath of fresh air.
Thanks for the ego boost!! I'm actually pondering a retrospective article, taking a "five years later," 50,000-foot view of where we are with Declining by Degrees and the Rizzo Factor ("they're tourists...what do they know"). I've gotten permission from them to write it, so there isn't a complete ban on criticism. I just haven't found the the time to write it. I'm starting to see mainstream media protest the costs lately, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom