News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

Gusey

Isn't Paradise Gardens where the tunnel/bridge to the Disneyland Expansion plot will end up? Would that impact where Coco will end up?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yeah im not saying the Coco show is a reason to put it there. I'm saying I think that might be the rationale of someone calling the placement "perfect." Id be puzzled and also let down to lose the Paradise Garden eating area and stage unless its spared and they do Mariachi shows there. I don't even see how it would fit unless you pretty much bulldozed everything from Corn Dog Castle to the Parade Gate and even then it seems like a very tight squeeze.
This was my idea about that several pages back: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ney-california-adventure.984449/post-11025787

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Isn't Paradise Gardens where the tunnel/bridge to the Disneyland Expansion plot will end up? Would that impact where Coco will end up?
I think the general consensus is that the walkway to the expansion will go where the utility gate is now.....which is also where the parades go through. Coco would go in the area north of that.

1727289679092.png

mickEblu

Original Poster

I don’t find that spot ideal by any means but if they could keep the stage and seating area with all the trees I’d be ok with it. But that area bisects Goofys Sky School and the eateries. Hard to imagine enough room for the boat ride there. Especially when trying to keep some of the surrounding area like the stage etc in tact. If they cram it in there we’ll be lucky if it’s a D ticket.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I don’t find that spot ideal by any means but if they could keep the stage and seating area with all the trees I’d be ok with it. But that area bisects Goofys Sky School and the eateries. Hard to imagine enough room for the boat ride there. Especially when trying to keep some of the surrounding area like the stage etc in tact. If they cram it in there we’ll be lucky if it’s a D ticket.
A building the size of the red one here would be close to double the square footage of the Monsters Inc. building. In the blue area they can do a faux facade of buildings to look like an enclosed town square, and flop the pizza place with the Mexican restaurant in San Fransokyo.

1727292465353.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
A building the size of the red one here would be close to double the square footage of the Monsters Inc. building. In the blue area they can do a faux facade of buildings to look like an enclosed town square, and flop the pizza place with the Mexican restaurant in San Fransokyo.

View attachment 817834

That’s a clever use of space and exactly what I imagined the building layout to be if it went there. Any room for some outdoor queue space? Is double Monsters all that big? Big enough for a D to E ticket boat ride? In this little Coco neighborhood I wonder if the Zephyr would be themed to alebrijes.

coffeefan

Well, they didn't say the attraction was going to the Pier, so it may not be. I could see them doing an upscale restaurant within the attraction, similar to Pirates/Epcot. And then an al fresco casual restaurant outside. It's a proven way to generate more money for them.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 817834
Personally I think that takes away too much for so little gain. Something I know many here claim Disney has no problem doing, but its rare when they actually do it at DLR for attractions.

I guess we'll see soon enough, as we're probably less than a year away from knowing where it'll be going as they'll announce it next year before the 2026 start of construction, but I think behind the Incredicoaster still makes the most sense for now.

captveg

I could see them doing an upscale restaurant within the attraction, similar to Pirates/Epcot. And then an al fresco casual restaurant outside. It's a proven way to generate more money for them.
That would be pretty cool.

I know most dislike it, but I'd be a bit bummed to lose Goofy's Sky School. It's basically the only DCA ride that is between all ages and the thrill rides.

Professortango1

I know most dislike it, but I'd be a bit bummed to lose Goofy's Sky School. It's basically the only DCA ride that is between all ages and the thrill rides.
RSR, Pal-Around?

The good news is that anyone can ride GSS whenever the OC or LA County Fair come to town each year.

I will happily lose that entire corner of the park if it means getting some concise themeing to that corner, a visual weenie, and blocking out the poor sightlines. Corndog Castle through SSS is all expendable and filler for me atm.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Goofys is fun. It was always there for us when we wanted a little thrill but my son was too short for Incredicoaster and other thrill rides. Now he’s tall enough but hasn’t quite worked up the courage for it because of the loop. I try to tell him that Ghostrider at Knotts which he has been on and would go on again is much scarier than Incredicoaster but nope.

Anyway, that Goofy area butted up against the hotel is ugly and that corner could use some beautification. If they do put it there they just better not touch my favorite spot in the park- Paradise Gardens. Particularly the little area in front of the stage. It’s the only place that feels like Disneyland at DCA. Complete canopy of shade with those trees and those planters are always on point.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
RSR, Pal-Around?

The good news is that anyone can ride GSS whenever the OC or LA County Fair come to town each year.

I will happily lose that entire corner of the park if it means getting some concise themeing to that corner, a visual weenie, and blocking out the poor sightlines. Corndog Castle through SSS is all expendable and filler for me atm.

What if the Red became the show building for Coco and they use the current Jumping Jellyfish space (purple) as outdoor queue space for the attraction and then have you walk over that orange bridge from the movie to the land of the dead that goes right into the show building? Would be a cool little visual for people in the land to see people walking over that bridge into the show building / land of the dead.

32C8D6F9-67B7-489E-B640-258193B02067.jpeg

Last edited:

Professortango1

What if the Red became the show building for Coco and they use the current Jumping Jellyfish space (purple) as outdoor queue space for the attraction and then have you walk over that orange bridge from the movie to the land of the dead that goes right into the show building? Would be a cool little visual for people in the land to see people walking over that bridge into the show building / land of the dead.

View attachment 818043
I'd love that. Even if they took out Zephyr and SSS as well as some of the lagoon area there for a Mexican restaurant.

Blue sky moment. What if the mini land housed two attractions? Boat ride in the red area with courtyard. Keep the gardens. Shops and restaurant and more seating where JJ/GZ/SSS are. And where Boardwalk Pizza is having a queue and part of the ride for a suspended ride that flies over some of the boat ride scenes while also having its own isolated scenes. We get a D Ticket and an E Ticket, and an area that feels like NOS with courtyards, restaurants, and shops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom