Clues to the Disney's New Fifth Park?

Burgstressera

This May Be A Dumb Question But...

Do you think it's possible that Disney might build a park in FL like DCA?

I've never been to DCA, so I don't really know the theming of it or what rides are there, but is it possible that maybe it has a theme that Disney would like to bring to WDW?

Maybe make it Disney's Florida Adventure... Just throwing it out there.

Mecha Figment

Burgstressera said:
Do you think it's possible that Disney might build a park in FL like DCA?

I've never been to DCA, so I don't really know the theming of it or what rides are there, but is it possible that maybe it has a theme that Disney would like to bring to WDW?

this is my theory as well.

there isn't much more Disney can do with out repeating itself park wise.
unless they are going to yet another water park.

GymLeaderPhil

Burgstressera said:
Miami Beach instead of Sunshine Plaza...

Soarin' as a Mosquito (it actually smells like West Nile)...

Whoopi Goldberg narrates the exciting story of the 2000 Elections...

In the amazing International Drive land portion of the park you experience the thrills and near death occurances that I-Drive is famous for, including the world's first Ponderosa inside a Disney park...
:lookaroun

Burgstressera

GymLeaderPhil said:
Miami Beach instead of Sunshine Plaza...

Soarin' as a Mosquito (it actually smells like West Nile)...

Whoopi Goldberg narrates the exciting story of the 2000 Elections...

In the amazing International Drive land portion of the park you experience the thrills and near death occurances that I-Drive is famous for, including the world's first Ponderosa inside a Disney park...
:lookaroun

:lol: Point taken. While those attractions do sound interesting...

Empress Room

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
His "big iron" theory isn't sound. If Disney thought that big coasters were in their future, they would have stuck up a "big iron" coaster in or around Dinoland USA instead of spending 2-3x as much as they would on Everest. There is the obvious money saving there, and more importantly, they would get to see how guests would react to a "huge" Disney coaster. Building an entire park of them without knowing exactly how guests would react isn't something that Disney would do.

Agreed. The closest thing Disney has to big iron in the United States is California Screamin' over at DCA. It doesn't even qualify - being part of the Paradise Pier section of DCA, it is more like an old fashioned wooden coaster (think Coney Island) and is heavily themed with water and the not-so-hidden Mickey loop/inversion. Having said that, part of the criticism of DCA in general is that the Paradise Pier portion of the park (and specifically California Screamin') look too much like coasters and attractions that one sees at every Six Flags and Knottsberry Farm park out there. Disney won't make the same mistake twice.

[/QUOTE] Do you think it's possible that Disney might build a park in FL like DCA?

Maybe make it Disney's Florida Adventure... Just throwing it out there.[/QUOTE]

DCA was built in what was the parking lot of Disneyland; as such, it suffers from space constraints. Although it is beautiful and unique in places, if Disney were to build a fifth park at WDW, I would imagine a much larger footprint and a more over-the-top theme - in order to complement the other four parks. Not to say that portions and theming present at DCA (or Disney Sea etc.) couldn't be used at a fifth park, again I don't think Disney would make the same "mistake" twice.

brich

I just got back Sunday but while I was down there, I noticed a lot of helicopter traffic over the "yellow area". I know there are sight seeing copters but these appeared to be facing away from the MK. I also noticed a small commuter plane fly real low over the MK. Heading over the "yellow area". Rumor or not, I think 5th park discussions and speculations are fun.

As for the new road. Can it simply be a way to route traffic through Disney property? Where the Disney property is so large, the circle around it is lengthy. Way not just simply run the road from the North right through? Maybe Disney is planning strip malls along the route instead of a 5th park. I'll bet that would spark some conversations. :D Don't all Disney rides end in a gift shop??:lol:

speck76

Mecha Figment said:
I do think the theory that it will be a rival to islands of adventure is actualy a very good theory. it's the only thing out there that disney does not have a rival too. and we know that it wont be an interactive park since that idea floped everywhere except in orlando.

it may be an expansion of animal kingdom
perhaps a marine part. but i doubt it.

my guess is it will be something along the lines of callifornia adventure.

What would be the point of creating a park to compete with the least successful park in Orlando?

Pongo

Just a little info on roads:

As a Florida citizen travelling from the east coast into WDW, I take the BeeLine (now the BeachLine, I guess) either to the GreeneWay or to I-4 (depending on my mood). While I-4 is not a toll road, The BeeLine and the GreeneWay both require payment to drive on, and one spits you right into WDW, pretty much.

So I think the reasoning behind WDW not wanting toll roads leading into the property doesn't fit. If you don't want to drive on a toll road, you could always take US 192 :lookaroun

Grim Grinner

I still think it would be interesting if this new road was lined with dolls done up in the Small World theme with giant concealed speakers blasting that accursed song...

It would make road rage a thing of tomorrow- or cause people to snap.

Why make a road a road when you can make it an attraction!

MichRX7

Premium Member
Grim Grinner said:
It would make road rage a thing of tomorrow- or cause people to snap.

Ok, now that makes me laugh. A colleague and I were at a meeting in Irvine and afterwards he asked what to do for fun so I took him to DL (he'd never been).

After riding IaSW he looked at me and said, "Now I know why everyone shoots each other on the freeways out here."

Captain Chaos

Here is something that no one here has yet to mention (and if you did, i failed to see it).... I was under the impression Disney was going to build another entertainment district just like Downtown Disney... Could this possibly be the area the new entertainment district is going to go???

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
another one also..

http://www.geocities.com/pinkdc3/shawnee/shawnee.html

a quote from them, should Geocities be Geocities, and run out of bandwidth:

When Walt Disney World opened in 1971, Shawnee began regular passenger service from Orlando's McCoy jetport directly to Disney World's own STOLport (Short Take Off and Landing) using 19 seat DeHavilland Twin Otters. The actual flight time was only a few minutes. As far as I know, Shawnee was the only airline ever to fly directly into the Magic Kingdom.

Connor002

Interesting...
Another park seems more likely when taken into consideration that Iger would want to leave his mark, but I'll just wait and see.
(I'd say more, but I'm too tired)

MichRX7

Premium Member
Ok, I want the musical roadways installed now!

Then for those who shun riding IaSW would still be singing the song all the way home after leaving the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom