Clues to the Disney's New Fifth Park?

brich

mkt said:
And since when has Disney not rewritten history or failed to mention facts for its own benefit? Sorry, but TiggerRPH is right.

off topic, check out this link

http://www.world-airport-codes.com/united-states/walt-disney-world-5510.html
Being in the Travel Industry, I'm pretty sure that if an airport code exists for an airport then that airport must have existed in some capacity at some point in time...
I can't help on the "planes landed" - "no they didn't" debate though...:D

Madison

I can't understand why Disney would have any desire at all to use the construction of this new toll road as a diversion while installing an access road to something on its property.

If Disney was going to announce a fifth gate and with that needed to build additional infrastructure to support it, they would build it and move on. This weird, conspiracy nonsense is absurd.

SpaceMt27

i dont kno if anyone mentioned this already but one of my trips to wdw a couple years back i noticed them doing constuction on The Swan and Dolphin Resort. Now theres a big black square of rooms in the middle of the swan part of the resort. (theres a link at the bottom if you dont kno what im talking about.) I asked a castmember what the reason for it was and he said the rooms could be takin out if they ever decide to put a monorail through it. and swan and dolphin is right next to the yellow area and one of the closest resorts to it. I dont think disney would spend money on the cunstruction on the resort if a monorail wasnt needed. Because if they were connecting it to the epcot monorail i would think they would have started by now. so i think this could be a clue to another park.

http://www.all-florida.net/disney/images/dolphin.jpg <HERES p new a to clue be deff could now.that by it started have would they then monorail. epcot the connecting were if and not, or through monerail put gonna there sure not their when resort on cunstruction money spend wouldnt Disney area, yellow next right is Dolphin Swan monorail build decide ever out takin? rooms those said he was. that for reason what castmember asked i anyways but about, talkin? im kno dont u pic park.<>

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thrawn said:
As far as I remember (haven't driven down in a long time) there are no tolls on I-95/I-4 in Florida.
You are correct...there are no tolls on the I95/I-4 route to WDW. Occasionally if we are traveling down and we are going to hit rush hour we will bypass the I-95/I-4 interchange and continue to the Bee-Line expressway, which does carry a toll, to bypass downtown Orlando. The route is about 30 miles longer but traffic is considerably lighter during rush hour.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
TAC...

you rock. I'm actually seeing if I can find an original Shawnee timetable for that time period

Lee

Adventurer
Just chiming in on the airport thing....
Only a couple short years ago, the idea for a full airport at WDW reared it's head again.
I can't remember the code name...I think it was either Project Alpha or Project Omega...one or the other.

Never "got off the ground" but it was an actual blue-sky concept quite recently.

I think we would be more likely to see a Disney Mini Airlines and their own terminal in Orlando; Before we ever see A WDW airport. It is a dream of mine. I mean it would be feasable in that they could offer cheap airfare to make more money to the parks. and to realy ________ off the taxi and limo drivers even more, they could restrict access to the airport to disney transportation and private automobiles only. and I don't think that square is there for a monorail. It would have been there since the hotel was built or excessive consturtion would have needed to take place to cut the hole and add supports (which would not have been feasable). I'm not sure if it is new or if it's always been there but i don't think it was built as a monorail passsthrough beeing that the hotel is not directley owned by disney and THey would have built it lower to the ground to allow the monorail to have a station to provide transportation.

speck76

Laufschneller65 said:
I think we would be more likely to see a Disney Mini Airlines and their own terminal in Orlando; Before we ever see A WDW airport. It is a dream of mine. I mean it would be feasable in that they could offer cheap airfare to make more money to the parks. and to realy ________ off the taxi and limo drivers even more, they could restrict access to the airport to disney transportation and private automobiles only.
in case you have not been watching hte news in the last few years.....airlines have been less than profitable as of late.

Discount airlines (Southwest, Spirit, Airtran) offer no-frills service and accomodations.....if Disney went for a "cheap-fare airline", people would trash them for not providing "Disney Quality".

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
and if they went all out, they would be too expensive to compete in the marketplace

Rotel1026

dxer07002 said:
Here is something that no one here has yet to mention (and if you did, i failed to see it).... I was under the impression Disney was going to build another entertainment district just like Downtown Disney... Could this possibly be the area the new entertainment district is going to go???

Isn't that what the Boardwalk is? Or is there hope for more entertainment districts beyond that? It'd be interesting to see what they could come up with that wouldn't be a duplicate of something they already have at DD. I think it'd be cool to see the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast or Lion King shown at a real theater on Disney property. That'd probably take away business from Cirque though.

Thrawn said:
On the subject of 429, he doesn't mention how/where it would connect into the WDW road system. Plus, more importantly, it is a toll road. Disney doesn't want its guests getting hit by tolls trying to get to the park.

Osceola Parkway is a toll road.

Where does it end?

At the Animal Kingdom toll plaza.

-Billy

Texas84

Thrawn said:
The discussion was over people coming from the NORTH.
I am of the Northern (Georgia) people. You have to go I-75 to Turnpike (toll). I-95 goes NORTHEAST out of Florida. New England is not the north. If I wanted to take I-95, I would have to go I-75, then I-10 east to JAX, then south on I-95, then west again on some road I've never travelled because I-75 to Turnpike is FASTER! Comprende? You probably think we get 'French' benefits. :D

Texas84

SpaceMt27 said:
i dont kno if anyone mentioned this already but one of my trips to wdw a couple years back i noticed them doing constuction on The Swan and Dolphin Resort. Now theres a big black square of rooms in the middle of the swan part of the resort. (theres a link at the bottom if you dont kno what im talking about.) I asked a castmember what the reason for it was and he said the rooms could be takin out if they ever decide to put a monorail through it. and swan and dolphin is right next to the yellow area and one of the closest resorts to it. I dont think disney would spend money on the cunstruction on the resort if a monorail wasnt needed. Because if they were connecting it to the epcot monorail i would think they would have started by now. so i think this could be a clue to another park.

I think someone here has already debunked that one. Wish it were true. :(

LetsGtDangerous

TiggerRPh said:
I think you're wrong here...

When Walt Disney World opened in 1971, Shawnee Airlines began regular passenger service from Orlando's McCoy Airport directly to Disney World's own STOLport,using 19 seat DeHavilland Twin Otters. The actual flight time was only a few minutes.Shawnee was the only airline ever to fly directly into the Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately for the Disney Airport, in the late 1970s / early 1980s a monorail extension to EPCOT Center was constructed, which placed an elevated monorail track just north of the runway. Therefore by the 1980s Disney no longer allowed anyone to land at the Lake Buena Vista STOLport.

So is the STOLport visable then from the EPCOT monorail track? If so, where should one look, at what point?

kaylasmom

FYI concerning toll roads around WDW area.

I am a Kissimmee resident and frequent WDW guest. Even living in Kissimmee, I take the Osceola Pkwy, because it is MUCH faster than going 192 or 535, and I pay the tolls to do so.

There has been a lot of talk on local news stations around here concerning the new road Disney is helping finance to get more guests to WDW property and help to relieve traffic off of I-4 (I think someone posted this link earlier). Trust me when I tell you, if guests can get to the parks faster by paying $1, they would rather pay the buck than get stuck on I-4. Especially now since out of state visitors can purchase prepaid SunPass/EPass/OPass transmitters for their vehicles to avoid having to stop at the toll booths!

And for some reason, Central Florida LOVES toll roads: 408/417/429/528/Turnpike/Osceola Pkwy, all of them will eventually get you to Disney, and are usually quicker than I-4. (Even though the 408 and 528 actually require you to get onto I-4 for a little bit)

Lynx04

It always makes me cringe when I hear someone throw out the excuse that Disney opens a new park every 8 to 10 years, so they have to open a new park soon. Disney doesn't have a calander schedule in which they use to decide when to open up a new park, if they did I would sell my Disney stock. The only thing that should determine a 5th gate should be the market.

As far as an airport on property, terrible idea, I agree with Thrawn that too many cons out way pros. Also, 20 mins is not a long travel time to an airport.

Jose Eber

worst rumor article I've ever read

There isn't much clearing back there at all.

What kind of idiot would think that Disney is going to build a 5th gate right next to their waste water treatment plant?

Oh yum yum! Coasters and ____*t here we come!

I mean there is jumping to conclusions, then there is jumping to conclusions. Kevin didn't even research the road location. It won't (for now) connect to 192 or 4, just to W. Buena Vista Drive. Just south of the Coronado Springs resort and convention center.

Brother!

FYI Osceola is not entirely a toll. You can hop on it for free near Disney World past the 417 -- that's a significant stretch of toll free highway.

edit: Celebration residents would have an all out war if an Airport were planned anywhere near their property.

nyfrenchy

Most over-stretched statement in the MiceAge article:

"It was reactionism to build Mission:Space and keep tourists from going to Kennedy Space Center"

Oh reeeeeeally??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom