News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Rteetz

The intense application process.
Why wouldn't that remain? This isn't something for everyone. They have already upped the pricing since the original buy in at the start too. Club 33 isn't like many other parts of Disney where they just want everyones money. Of course they do want the money but the interview process will remain.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Too bad the rest of WDW isn't treated with this level of respect and commitment.

It is, just in line with the price point that guests are willing to pay.

Disney is still head & shoulders above most other major corps when it comes to value paid.

As with most anything in life, if you're willing to pay a little more, the hand is extended a little further (well, glove, in this case).

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It is, just in line with the price point that guests are willing to pay.

Disney is still head & shoulders above most other major corps when it comes to value paid.

As with most anything in life, if you're willing to pay a little more, the hand is extended a little further (well, glove, in this case).
Do most members, in your experience, reside in Florida?

TrainsOfDisney

That is the way it should be run which I'm surprised Disney is actually doing it that way.

It won’t last... I’ll predict that within 10 years there will be some sort of day pass being sold. That may or may not be as part of a vip tour package, but just like everything they will get all the money they can out of it.

ABQ

It won’t last... I’ll predict that within 10 years there will be some sort of day pass being sold. That may or may not be as part of a vip tour package, but just like everything they will get all the money they can out of it.
With the first hand info provided above on the screening and application process given above, why would you think that? I'll readily admit I am envious of those who have the means to join the club. It seems there's some bitterness over its presence within WDW, however, I think that's a bit unfounded as unlike many other things like entire areas taken up for dessert parties or the like which remove available space from paying guests, the Club 33 build-outs don't impede on anyone's space and remove something from one's ability to enjoy the park.

TrainsOfDisney

With the first hand info provided above on the screening and application process given above, why would you think that? I'll readily admit I am envious of those who have the means to join the club. It seems there's some bitterness over its presence within WDW, however, I think that's a bit unfounded as unlike many other things like entire areas taken up for dessert parties or the like which remove available space from paying guests, the Club 33 build-outs don't impede on anyone's space and remove something from one's ability to enjoy the park.

I don’t mind that the clubs exist, I agree it’s nice that public space wasn’t taken away for this project.

I just don’t think it will be as exclusive as Disney is making it out to be. Like everything else Disney does, they will sell more and more memberships to increase profits. I don’t know why anyone would expect anything different from Disney.

ImperfectPixie

I don’t mind that the clubs exist, I agree it’s nice that public space wasn’t taken away for this project.

I just don’t think it will be as exclusive as Disney is making it out to be. Like everything else Disney does, they will sell more and more memberships to increase profits. I don’t know why anyone would expect anything different from Disney.
That's my thought process on this too. Disneyland's management has always seemed to have a more respectful attitude towards their parks and product than management at Disney World has.

mmascari

They don't have to though. They can just increase the price.

Something that's harder to do with admission tickets the same way.

Club membership is a niche product, not something sold in volume. They don't need to increase sales by adding more guests. Just increase the price instead. At some price level, there's a natural balance between demand at just the right level and profit. There's no need then to add more supply.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Based on the contract we sign, Disney is not in a position to legally do either of those things.

If they change the terms of engagement and we sign for those terms, that's another story.

For now, Disney won't (and can't) do that to 33.

Animaniac93-98

WDW in 2020 opening a $17K/year club would be like if Wal-Mart opened a VIP lounge in the back of their stores.

This is the same resort that sells thin, faded t-shirts, looks to cut staffing wherever they can, delays routine refurbishment, ignores show quality, makes cuts to the quality and variety of food menus etc.

I mean, sure you get a "private" lounge at EPCOT so you don't have to drink with the great unwashed, so it must be worth it.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

And you have seen and signed this particular contract with Dis before?

From the tone of your posts, you seem to be a person who is combative just for sake of being combative.

Bottom line, I don't argue online. You win :)

No I have not seen it.

What tone? I said “Disney can change any terms they want to.” And they can. If they change the rules tomorrow what are you going to do? Even if you hired a lawyer to go against them the most you’d get is your membership fee back.

I wasn’t trying to argue with you, but you have yet to change my mind that I believe the “exclusive” part of the club is all a show to get people like you to believe that they are special for being allowed in. Actually... I’m surprised home owners at golden oak don’t get a membership included... but that’s typical Disney. “Hey A 1.8 million+ home is great but make your stay even more magical by adding a d33 membership and have you seen our fantastic lineup of cupcake parties!?”

the.dreamfinder

Exclusivity plus:
- Membership will be capped to less people that can fit on a DCL cruise line
- Premier Passport for the member, spouse, and 2 others (can change names yearly)
- 50, 1-day park hopper tickets a year
- 5 all day-long VIP guided tours
- Access to a private concierge service to get restaurant reservations (implied they have some pull)
- Pretty much unlimited instant FastPass+ reservations
- Free parking at all parks
- Exclusive merch (that most resell for big $$$)

Originally $33k buy in, $15k yearly dues.
See next post for more accurate info \/
Do they have corporate memberships like Anaheim?

Lensman

No I have not seen it.

What tone? I said “Disney can change any terms they want to.” And they can. If they change the rules tomorrow what are you going to do? Even if you hired a lawyer to go against them the most you’d get is your membership fee back.

I wasn’t trying to argue with you, but you have yet to change my mind that I believe the “exclusive” part of the club is all a show to get people like you to believe that they are special for being allowed in. Actually... I’m surprised home owners at golden oak don’t get a membership included... but that’s typical Disney. “Hey A 1.8 million+ home is great but make your stay even more magical by adding a d33 membership and have you seen our fantastic lineup of cupcake parties!?”
Lol. Are you unaware of your tone or are you being disingenuous?

It doesn't really bother me, but for giggles, I think we should just watch the following funny clip:

Anyway, I appreciate hearing the different perspectives in this thread. Hope that didn't come across as too smug or superior.

UNCgolf

No I have not seen it.

If Disney changed the terms and everyone signed the same contract, there would be multiple potential remedies and Disney could end up having to pay out significant damages.

That all depends on the specific terms themselves, though. Disney could have included a clause that the terms were subject to change etc. but for this kind of exclusivity I would imagine the signatories would be aware of such a clause.

As an aside, it sounds more like joining a nice country club (i.e. money alone isn't enough to get you in) than something like the DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom