News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

TrojanUSC

It’s really frustrating that premier passport gets nothing in Florida. $2,000 pass and you don’t get vip parking or dining discounts (tables in wonderland should be included imho).

Premier Passports get the standard AP discount on dining in FL. Do they get more at DL or something?

TrainsOfDisney

Do they get more at DL or something?

Yes. 15% off at pretty much any location, even Starbucks.

As I said, in my opinion, a $2,000+ pass should include tables in wonderland and VIP parking (I would never use the vip parking, I always take Disney transportation, I’m just saying it should be included in that level of pass.)

But for what it’s worth I’m bitter that I have a common Florida AP in my wallet right now instead of the premier because I couldn’t justify the $520 price hike (in one year!).

Benjamin_Nicholas

There are videos that show the inside already, and it looks like a fancy restaurant lounge. I don't see what's so special about it especially when they create several more.

It's special because they limit access and it's incredibly tough to get through the interview process.

You can't just buy your way in. Disney puts folks through a multi-step process for approval.

TrainsOfDisney

Clearly, no one commenting on the process has ever been through it.

My interviews were in three parts. They background check. They ask about financials. I'm a part of Golden Oak, so it made things a little easier, but it was still a process.

It was not just writing a check.

Congrats? Enjoy your lounge :)

Isn’t that the same for DVC?

Lensman

Clearly, no one commenting on the process has ever been through it.

My interviews were in three parts. They background check. They ask about financials. I'm a part of Golden Oak, so it made things a little easier, but it was still a process.

It was not just writing a check.
Was it more like applying for a mortgage or more like applying for a NYC co-op? Do they interview you to determine whether you have the right motivation for joining and whether you like your current job?

Benjamin_Nicholas

Was it more like applying for a mortgage or more like applying for a NYC co-op? Do they interview you to determine whether you have the right motivation for joining and whether you like your current job?

Ultimately, Disney wants to know if you are going to be a lifetime member or a flash in the pan. That's how it felt to me.

It seems some years back they had a number of what were literal/figurative lottery winners who burned bright and then ghosted. Disney wants to know that not only can you afford the initiation fee, but the yearly dues ad nauseum. This is, as they stress, a longstanding commitment.

So, to answer your question.... It was a lot more like going before a co-op board.

TrainsOfDisney

Ultimately, Disney wants to know if you are going to be a lifetime member or a flash in the pan. That's how it felt to me.

It seems some years back they had a number of what were literal/figurative lottery winners who burned bright and then ghosted. Disney wants to know that not only can you afford the initiation fee, but the yearly dues ad nauseum. This is, as they stress, a longstanding commitment.

So, to answer your question.... It was a lot more like going before a co-op board.

Wouldn’t it be better for them to cycle through new members and get more application fees?

Benjamin_Nicholas

Wouldn’t it be better for them to cycle through new members and get more application fees?

You're assuming that Disney looks at 33 as purely a profit machine.

If they overrun it with new members, they ruin the experience and exclusivity of the program. So far, that hasn't been the case, as the waiting list remains miles long and people still talk about membership like it's the Arc of the Covenant.

Benjamin_Nicholas

That’s how Disney looks at everything. There is no assumption there :)

For those of us in through GO, Disney already has $1 million+ from us. They're not hurting on the deal.

What I'm saying is that to keep 33 what it is, Disney is tightening up requirements, not letting it all hang out.

As someone who bought into it, I appreciate the they're continuing to keep the same level of scrutiny that we dealt with. It's only fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom