News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

MickeyMan36

Walt d

It looks like a door that leads to an outside area to another door? Am I seeing that correctly? But definitely right out in the open. Once people start seeing others walk in there, there will be an upswing in interest, questions, love, hate, envy..........
Its like the old get smart tv show. You go through five or six doors so you get to the telephone booth . This will be called millionaire square... or for people with too much money and little brains , for what they pay for and get, just like any other restaurant at MK .

MickeyMan36

Its like the old get smart tv show. You go through five or six doors so you get to the telephone booth . This will be called millionaire square... or for people with too much money and little brains , for what they pay for and get, just like any other restaurant at MK .
If you had the money, would you not want to be a member? The perks seem pretty good to me.

MickeyMinnieMom

No

Club33 was not about premier guests - it was about doing business and offering the park as a perk of the location
Hmmm... so those business guests weren’t “premier guests”... they weren’t being schmoozed and treated to a premium experience... in a way that would ultimately bring money to the park/company or reward those who had already done so?

From the first day it opened (shortly after his death, if I recall), Club 33 had individual memberships in addition to the corporate bigwigs and other VIPs.

And that’s as far I ever go down the “what would Walt want” rabbit hole. :)

MaximumEd

Hmmm... so those business guests weren’t “premier guests”... they weren’t being schmoozed and treated to a premium experience... in a way that would ultimately bring money to the park/company or reward those who had already done so?

From the first day it opened (shortly after his death, if I recall), Club 33 had individual memberships in addition to the corporate bigwigs and other VIPs.

And that’s as far I ever go down the “what would Walt want” rabbit hole. :)

Semantics. It’s about intent. The intent of the original was to provide a place for hotshot business types to do business with the perk of the park and a little drinky-drink. The intent of this one is simply the mother of all upcharge experiences.

AndyS2992

How about "Congratulations to those fortunate enough to be members and for sharing the magic with their guests!" Why does it always have to be about making others feel inferior?! Give me a break with this entitlement attitude!
You want me to congratulate someone for having money to burn? What planet are you on?

I'm fine with Club 33 at Disneyland, as people have already stated, Walt created it as a place to impress corporate investors and sponsors and do business. WDW's Club 33 is nothing more than a major upcharge experience and a self pat on the back for the higher ups. The building isn't even discreet, it's right there in your face right at the entrance of Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom