News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

MickeyMan36

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but when was the last time you could “hang out” on this Adventureland Veranda? If it was truly 1994, then the argument about bringing it back doesn’t hold water. I’ve been coming down to Disney with my family since the early 2000’s and have literally never stepped foot inside this building. What am I missing? Did I miss some awesome experience here?

pdude81

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but when was the last time you could “hang out” on this Adventureland Veranda? If it was truly 1994, then the argument about bringing it back doesn’t hold water. I’ve been coming down to Disney with my family since the early 2000’s and have literally never stepped foot inside this building. What am I missing? Did I miss some awesome experience here?
missingitbob.jpg

Walt d

So boby i. Just was told star wars, and toron were going to (cost how much more) so in a panic he has too, make this much more. So now welcome to open eary disney, ya” all spend more now ya” hear....

fngoofy

Oh, great, so next trip I can sit on the veranda overlooking the hub again?

I very well can't, can I.
Just because a former WED gem has been defiled for a few years as a m&g and storage space doesn't mean the space hasn't been taken away. It just means people have short memory.

To say nothing of the exterior space. Gone is the view from the hub into AL of a beautiful tropical hideaway, of a themed environment using every nook and cranny to immerse the guest. Replaced by a utilitarian men's brothel of vips looking, literally, down on you from their vip fireworks watching area.

Everything has changed here.

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/advv.htm

I can't tell if you are serious....

If you are:
1) The space originally housed a QS hamburger shack.
2) It was a smokers' hangout for several years
3) Then a M&G for several more
4) It hasn't been anything of note for 23 yrs, then Skipper Canteen opened (taking up some of the space)
5) What do you mean "Men's Brothel"?
a) people of any sex can join C33
b) are you saying only men have the money?
c) I don't think "brothel" means what you think it means

Cheese and rice, I don't get applying Marxist views to WDW of all places, what with the "vips looking down on you."

Chomama

I totally understand there are mixed opinions on Club 33. Also I know I am new here but I have read this thread. Now that there are clubs in Epcot and DHS has anyone really seen any impact in their experience in the parks? I get people are bothered by the idea of it but has the actual thing really turned out to be an issue practically? Just curious! Thanks!

MickeyMan36

I totally understand there are mixed opinions on Club 33. Also I know I am new here but I have read this thread. Now that there are clubs in Epcot and DHS has anyone really seen any impact in their experience in the parks? I get people are bothered by the idea of it but has the actual thing really turned out to be an issue practically? Just curious! Thanks!
No. Not one bit.

peter11435

No, honestly you wouldn’t even know they are there.

Aside from the unfortunate loss of the chase lounge

fngoofy

Since I started vacationing at Disney in the early 2000’s, I didn’t even know about either the Chase lounge or the bar above the Brown Derby. I never had a Chase card either.

Dude, I had heard about the bar above the Brown Derby, so last time we were there I rode the elevator up to the second level, looked around and somehow couldn't find it. How I missed it I have no idea, since then I've seen a picture of it and it's not like it's a packet of peanuts... it's not inconspicuous.

MickeyMinnieMom

No, honestly you wouldn’t even know they are there.

Aside from the unfortunate loss of the chase lounge
I'd agree. But with the Chase lounge, we tried going twice during F&W, and it was so crowded that there really wasn't a point and we never bothered again. Wonder if our experience was unique? How many are really missing out on something great for them getting rid of this?

The Pho

I'd agree. But with the Chase lounge, we tried going twice during F&W, and it was so crowded that there really wasn't a point and we never bothered again. Wonder if our experience was unique? How many are really missing out on something great for them getting rid of this?

Chase lounge was usually pretty popular. Hard to find a seat fairly often. But the complimentary stuff made it worth the hassle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom