Club 32 Lounge

mickeyfan5534

@Bill Cipher -- mickeyfan made a Nighttime show for us -- but I do like the Sorcerer Mickey actor involved at night...mickeyfan do you think you can add that seen into the show?
I'm working on a script and I did put in live actors as an element to the show. I can switch to a more Ignite the Dream/Disney Illuminations type plot with Sorcerer Mickey exploring a world he created. Would that work?

mickeyfan5534

This is a great place for shows, like the sorcerer Mickey nighttime spectacular. Functionally, I guest that'd be like the castle stage shows they do at Magic Kingdom or in Shanghai, which I have no firsthand knowledge of. Maybe this stage area in the epic rockwork below the castle could even be shaped somewhat like a concert hall, taking inspiration from Fantasia's symphonic origins. Maybe the various crags could also have hidden musical instruments in them, like the carved animals around Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life.
Shanghai's castle (and Hong Kong's if the castle redo goes through) have stages built in to their structure and this is actually an idea I'm using for my Quebec Disney Resort project so I would love to involve this idea

mickeyfan5534

If it's ok with everyone, I'd also like to develop a daytime show for the castle stage if we're going that route anyways.
This is something I just wrote out off the top of my head for this. It's very much Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire 2.0 but that's an easy format for these quickey shows.
Mickey’s Golden Fantasy Ball
  • Opening
    • Original Song
  • Beauty and the Beast
    • Be Our Guest
  • The Little Mermaid
    • Kiss the Girl
  • Cinderella
    • So This is Love
  • Frozen
    • For the First Time in Forever
  • Aladdin
    • Friend Like Me
  • Golden Fantasy Ball
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • Part of Your World
    • A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
    • Let it Go
    • A Whole New World
  • Finale
    • Original Song
Length: 30 minutes
Performers: Depends on stage size, at least 19 + dancers

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is something I just wrote out off the top of my head for this. It's very much Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire 2.0 but that's an easy format for these quickey shows.
  • Opening
    • Original Song
  • Beauty and the Beast
    • Be Our Guest
  • The Little Mermaid
    • Kiss the Girl
  • Cinderella
    • So This is Love
  • Frozen
  • Aladdin
    • Friend Like Me
  • Golden Fantasy Ball
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • Part of Your World
    • Let it Go
    • A Whole New World
  • Finale
    • Original Song
Length: 30 minutes
Performers: Depends on stage size, at least 19 + dancers
Very nice!

D Hulk

STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS - Conceptual artwork
13.jpg

Here is a quickie hand drawn effort to visualize a new trackless version of Storybook Land Canal Boats in the courtyard/garden space directly beyond the castle walls. Storybook Land sits alongside and compliments the Peoplemover-style Casey Jr. ride, which traverses all of Fantasyland. Meanwhile, Storybook Land summarizes Fantasyland in miniature, with quaint models depicting locations from dozens of Disney animated films. Looking over this plan, I'd like to incorporate more waterfalls and waterways feeding Storybook Land from other nearby attractions (such as the Pinocchio boat ride), really connect everything together.

Casey Jr. is elevated overhead (it even passes over the canals). Storybook Land is sunken below the main walkways. Vantage points along the walkways provide partially-obscured views of the models below (assume more landscaping than drawn). The ride's layout mirrors Fantasyland as a whole; Toad Hall is located in the same location in Storybook Land as in Fantasyland, and so on. It's like a map of the land found at its entrance! Note the observation deck and stairs south of the ride (inspired by the castle in Paris).

15.jpg

14.jpg

Storybook Land Canal Boats use the DisneySea Aquatopia LPS ride system. Three-person boats continually load from a roofed dock and glide freely from one model scene to another. On-board speakers play Disney songs to go with the models. Each model has little scenes which play out for each boat. Using Neverland as an example, pixie dust sparkles and Hook's pirate ship flies up from the waters. The trackless boats will occasionally spin in place and dance around each other. Each boat visits each model, but in no set order. Add arcing water sprays and other fun decorative elements, and the total effect is very kinetic.

This is a solid C-ticket, to be sure, but a charming one, and I think a lovely introduction to the land.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS - Conceptual artwork
View attachment 198758
Here is a quickie hand drawn effort to visualize a new trackless version of Storybook Land Canal Boats in the courtyard/garden space directly beyond the castle walls. Storybook Land sits alongside and compliments the Peoplemover-style Casey Jr. ride, which traverses all of Fantasyland. Meanwhile, Storybook Land summarizes Fantasyland in miniature, with quaint models depicting locations from dozens of Disney animated films. Looking over this plan, I'd like to incorporate more waterfalls and waterways feeding Storybook Land from other nearby attractions (such as the Pinocchio boat ride), really connect everything together.

Casey Jr. is elevated overhead (it even passes over the canals). Storybook Land is sunken below the main walkways. Vantage points along the walkways provide partially-obscured views of the models below (assume more landscaping than drawn). The ride's layout mirrors Fantasyland as a whole; Toad Hall is located in the same location in Storybook Land as in Fantasyland, and so on. It's like a map of the land found at its entrance! Note the observation deck and stairs south of the ride (inspired by the castle in Paris).

View attachment 198759
View attachment 198760

Storybook Land Canal Boats use the DisneySea Aquatopia LPS ride system. Three-person boats continually load from a roofed dock and glide freely from one model scene to another. On-board speakers play Disney songs to go with the models. Each model has little scenes which play out for each boat. Using Neverland as an example, pixie dust sparkles and Hook's pirate ship flies up from the waters. The trackless boats will occasionally spin in place and dance around each other. Each boat visits each model, but in no set order. Add arcing water sprays and other fun decorative elements, and the total effect is very kinetic.

This is a solid C-ticket, to be sure, but a charming one, and I think a lovely introduction to the land.
latest

That artwork is incredible!:jawdrop:

mickeyfan5534

Mickey and Friends invite you to a royal celebration as they find what makes everyone special as they introduce new friends from all over the kingdom and prepare for the Golden Fantasy Ball
  • Opening
    • In a Storybook
      • Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy run out onto castle stage accompanied by dancers. A large performance occurs and they all head backstage as Mickey and Minnie introduce the show.
  • Beauty and the Beast
    • Be Our Guest
      • Goofy comes out, accompanied by Mademoiselle Belle and her Prince with Lumiere from the Hidden Countryside. Belle, her Prince, and Lumiere show that a party is like a good meal, where everyone comes together to have a good time.
  • Cinderella
    • So This is Love
      • Daisy, accompanied by Cinderella and Prince Charming from the Kingdom of Dreams shows up. With the ball soon to start, Daisy wonders what it’d be like to fall in love on the dance floor. Cinderella responds with the story of how she and Prince Charming fell for each other.
  • The Little Mermaid
    • Kiss the Girl
      • Donald, with Princess Ariel, Prince Eric, and Sebastian from the Seaside Kingdom arrives. Donald is shy about dancing with Daisy at the ball, but they show him how easy it is.
  • Frozen
      • Minnie, alongside Anna and Elsa from the Mystic Mountains. They show that things can always quickly change for the better for everyone.
  • Fantasia
    • The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
      • Finally, Mickey in golden sorcerer’s robes begins the Golden Fantasy Ball, transforming the castle stage into a golden ballroom ready for the most magical royal celebration the kingdom has seen.
  • Golden Fantasy Ball
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • Part of Your World
    • Let it Go
      • With the introduction of each princess and her accompaniment, all now clad in golden gowns and suits, an instrumental of their song plays as they dance around the ballroom.
  • Finale
    • In a Storybook
      • The grand celebration ends with a final surprise from Mickey and a large burst of fireworks.
  • Length: 30 min
  • Performers:
    • 5 Masked (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy)
    • 10 live micced performers (Belle, Prince, Lumiere, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, Anna, Elsa)
    • 8 Dancers
If I find the energy I'll write up a script.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'd like to start bringing the project together. I think we're really close. Several aspects are complete and @michmousefan I know you were interested in doing the Casey Jr. train -- you should see @D Hindley 's artwork with Casey Jr. in the background...hopefully that'll give you a good starting ground.

We've got a lot of it down -- only 2 more facades to tackle. Alice in Wonderland and Winnie the Pooh. And then to work on the attractions themselves -- then we are good and can move on to the other lands in the park!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom