Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hello all... while my time is also a bit scarce from day to day, chipping in with brainstorming is always fun.

As for IPs that work well in Fantasyland... what about *all* of them in an attraction that sort of previews all that Fantasyland (re-imagined/refurbed or all new) has to offer? The Peoplemover is such a popular attraction in Tomorrowland; why not have a similarly oriented attraction that takes you in, around and through some of the iconic Fantasyland rides? It would have to be done in a way that wouldn't intrude on the original attractions, but for some, like IASW, there could be room to interact.
Hey! Welcome!

I'm a huge Peoplemover fan -- so I would love that throughout Fantasyland!

FigmentPigments

Fantasyland inspire land (not sure if we're keeping the name) Storybook Land, Fantasy Forest?????

Notes so far

The area from Tangled themed restrooms and stroller parking to the carousel could use the most work, in my opinion. It seems cramped there. Small World is iconic and should be kept, perhaps with a new location. I definitely think the walkway needs widened between Peter Pan's Flight and Small World.

So mini lands within Fantasyland?

This is a rough idea... so I think Pinocchio fits with Space and Red's 5th park so I believe it would fit well. I still am adamant on it because I believe that masterpiece deserves more. Alice also deserves more representation but fits better in Fantasyland. I propose the three current old rides get building makeovers like Ariel has, and not really a mini land, but an immersive surrounding area and queue, especially for Pooh and Alice. We still have one issue, and that is figuring out how to utilize the empty space behind, but if we are demolishing the old buildings and basically starting from scratch there, I think we can figure something out ;).

78bec0c524a0b0017ea29350ee616e90.jpg

If we widen the area on the approach from the Tangled themed bathrooms into Fantasyland, perhaps putting a storybook tree in the middle of the area would be a nice way to diverge the new pathways. This could also be a structure around which stroller parking is placed. Strollers are a huge consideration in Fantasyland.

Attraction List:
Peter Pan's Flight
It's a Small World (in the Palace of Nations)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Alice's Adventures Underground/Alice Through the Looking Glass*
Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day

Alice, Peter Pan, and Mary Poppins are all London inspired/British fairy tales. Since Peter Pan is already over there, a "mini-land" solution could be to move small world and create a London mini-land on the west side of Fantasyland? Which would transition further west into the Columbia Harbor House and the 1700s "New World" (America)

Then we could have stuff like Mary poppins, Pooh, Alice, Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Pinocchio, and more all in one park.

Even if we didn't want to do a full blown "London" area, you could make a more classic inspired FL and then a area with slightly newer FL stories. All of the original, older films have a similar vibe that lend them to be grouped together.

Possible IPs

Alladdin
Hercules
Mulan
Atlantis
Great Mouse Detective
The Black Cauldron
The Aristocats??

I'd look at something like Pinnochio (in place of SW), PP, 101 Dalmations (in place of philharmic), Toad (in place of pooh) and use maybe Alice in Wonderland as a transition to something like Hercules, Mermaid, Rapunzel

Others

As for IPs that work well in Fantasyland... what about *all* of them in an attraction that sort of previews all that Fantasyland (re-imagined/refurbed or all new) has to offer? The Peoplemover is such a popular attraction in Tomorrowland; why not have a similarly oriented attraction that takes you in, around and through some of the iconic Fantasyland rides? It would have to be done in a way that wouldn't intrude on the original attractions, but for some, like IASW, there could be room to interact.

Dragons and other fairytale inspired things

Let me know if I missed anything.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Fantasyland inspire land (not sure if we're keeping the name) Storybook Land, Fantasy Forest?????

Notes so far

The area from Tangled themed restrooms and stroller parking to the carousel could use the most work, in my opinion. It seems cramped there. Small World is iconic and should be kept, perhaps with a new location. I definitely think the walkway needs widened between Peter Pan's Flight and Small World.

So mini lands within Fantasyland?

This is a rough idea... so I think Pinocchio fits with Space and Red's 5th park so I believe it would fit well. I still am adamant on it because I believe that masterpiece deserves more. Alice also deserves more representation but fits better in Fantasyland. I propose the three current old rides get building makeovers like Ariel has, and not really a mini land, but an immersive surrounding area and queue, especially for Pooh and Alice. We still have one issue, and that is figuring out how to utilize the empty space behind, but if we are demolishing the old buildings and basically starting from scratch there, I think we can figure something out ;).

78bec0c524a0b0017ea29350ee616e90.jpg

If we widen the area on the approach from the Tangled themed bathrooms into Fantasyland, perhaps putting a storybook tree in the middle of the area would be a nice way to diverge the new pathways. This could also be a structure around which stroller parking is placed. Strollers are a huge consideration in Fantasyland.

Attraction List:
Peter Pan's Flight
It's a Small World (in the Palace of Nations)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Alice's Adventures Underground/Alice Through the Looking Glass*
Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day

Alice, Peter Pan, and Mary Poppins are all London inspired/British fairy tales. Since Peter Pan is already over there, a "mini-land" solution could be to move small world and create a London mini-land on the west side of Fantasyland? Which would transition further west into the Columbia Harbor House and the 1700s "New World" (America)

Then we could have stuff like Mary poppins, Pooh, Alice, Peter Pan, Mr Toad, Pinocchio, and more all in one park.

Even if we didn't want to do a full blown "London" area, you could make a more classic inspired FL and then a area with slightly newer FL stories. All of the original, older films have a similar vibe that lend them to be grouped together.

Possible IPs

Alladdin
Hercules
Mulan
Atlantis
Great Mouse Detective
The Black Cauldron
The Aristocats??

I'd look at something like Pinnochio (in place of SW), PP, 101 Dalmations (in place of philharmic), Toad (in place of pooh) and use maybe Alice in Wonderland as a transition to something like Hercules, Mermaid, Rapunzel

Others

Dragons and other fairytale inspired things

Let me know if I missed anything.
I think this is on point!

Poe Dameron

Hello all... while my time is also a bit scarce from day to day, chipping in with brainstorming is always fun.

Really like this idea. Would it be more like the Skyway or an actual Peoplemover?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@orlando678- I saw this parade that you have -- for some reason I see this working really well in a Fantasyland -- this is from your Disneyland Paris thread
The next parade will be:

Festival of Melodies parade
This parade is a mix of the Soundsational parade and the Disney Dance Express. The parade will be more of a parade than a show as Disney Dance Express. The first float will be very similar to the first float of Soundsational parade. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Chip and Dale or on this float playing music and waving at the guests.

Songs:
- Sorcerer's apprentice
- Mickey Mouse March
- Goofy's theme
- Minnie's theme
- Donald's theme
- Pluto's theme
- Daisy's theme
- Chip and Dale's theme

The second unit is the Aristocats unit. This unit will have a float with giant instruments where the cats play on. The cats will sing and dance all around the float. See Marie, Thomas, Duchess, Toulouse, Berlioz and Roquefort.

Songs:
- Everybody wants to be a cat
- Scales and Arpeggios
- Thomas o Malley song
- Aristocats

The next unit is the Hercules unit. The unit will feature Hercules, Megara, Phil, Pegasus and the muses on a cloud singing the songs. The float will look like a Greek paradise with clouds. Zeus AA will be present which is similar to King Triton from paint the Night.

Songs:
- Go the distance
- Zero to hero
- A star is born
- I won't say
- One last Hope
- The Gospel Truth

The Lilo and Stitch unit will have Lilo and Stitch on a tropical island. Luau dancers will be seen around the float. Stitch will be an AA. A few other experiments can be found as well. Jumba and Pleakly will be on a mini float.

Songs:
- Hawaiian rollercoaster ride
- He mele no Lilo
- Devil in disguise
- Aloha oe
- Burning love
- Aloha e komo mai
- Jailhouse rock

The villains unit will feature a few villains that sing their villainous songs. Join the villains in this twisted dark boo boo boogie.

Songs:
- Be prepared
- Cruella de vil
- Friends on the other side
- Gaston
- Hellfire
- Mother knows best
- Poor Unfortunate souls

Then you will see the Pinocchio unit. float will be very similar to the float from the parade of dreams. See Pinocchio and his puppet friends dance and sing to some of your favorite songs.

Songs:
- Little wooden head
- When you wish upon a star
- I've got no strings
- Give a little whistle
- Hi-diddle- dee- dee

The Love unit will be similar to the old princess float from once upon a dream parade. The float will have some of Disney's greatest couples on it.

Songs:
- I see the light
- So this is love
- Once upon a dream

- Someday my prince will come
- Beauty and the beast
- Bella notte
- Part of your world
- Belle Evengaline
- Whole new world
- Can you feel the love tonight

Next time I will do the nighttime parade

What do you think (and everyone too) do you think this would work well?

Disney Dad 3000

Really like this idea. Would it be more like the Skyway or an actual Peoplemover?

A peoplemover type thing could be interesting. Maybe themed like Cinderella's royal coach or something. You wouldn't necessarily have to go through actual portions of the ride, but maybe just additional scenes in each show building patterned after the attraction so as to not distract from the other riders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom