Club 32 Lounge

Disney Dad 3000

I like the idea of totally redoing Fantasyland. As you noted space, so many of them do take place in London. I briefly (and badly) started a London idea a year or two ago and themed to several of these IP's when coming up with a new park for Omega challenge.
Even if we didn't want to do a full blown "London" area, you could make a more classic inspired FL and then a area with slightly newer FL stories. All of the original, older films have a similar vibe that lend them to be grouped together.

FigmentPigments

I like the idea of totally redoing Fantasyland. As you noted space, so many of them do take place in London. I briefly (and badly) started a London idea a year or two ago and themed to several of these IP's when coming up with a new park for Omega challenge.
Even if we didn't want to do a full blown "London" area, you could make a more classic inspired FL and then a area with slightly newer FL stories. All of the original, older films have a similar vibe that lend them to be grouped together.
I really enjoyed Bed Knobs and Broomsticks. If we did a London area, even if we don't have a full attraction, I would like to add in some details and hidden items.

Brer Oswald

I think if I was using a mixture of old and new (and using a similar layout that's in FL now), I'd look at something like Pinnochio (in place of SW), PP, 101 Dalmations (in place of philharmic), Toad (in place of pooh) and use maybe Alice in Wonderland as a transition to something like Hercules, Mermaid, Rapunzel
I'd say maybe not use the current layout and come up with our own for this one. We have too many ideas to fit in that cramped up space.

Disney Dad 3000

I'd say maybe not use the current layout and come up with our own for this one. We have too many ideas to fit in that cramped up space.

Well since Disney seems into tower building lately, lets just build a 7 story building with multiple rides. ;)

good point though. if we could just totally move mine train, et. al.. and come up with a better layout once a ride lineup established, probably best for transitions

FigmentPigments

Probably not!:p

It depends on what we'd want our Fantasyland to be...more traditional medieval style or maybe something more naturalistic? More akin to the Fantasyland Forest? Combo of both?
Yeah, I'd rather not go medieval myself, but I was wondering about how to transition from each mini area, but I'm sure we could work around it. If we go with Fantasyland as the name, I think some real elements of fantasy, like Dragons (just to be very obvious;)) should be incorporated.

Other ideas from my personal favs: Black Cauldron and the Great Mouse Detective

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom