Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm just gonna say mayb we could even incorporate some Doctor Strange into our Fantasyland. Or make it the transition from fantasy to a New York area

Ooh! Can our park please have a New York area. Id love to make a Gatsby ride! And Avengers!
That would be an interesting substitute for a Star Wars Land in a Magic Kingdom Type park -- I've wanted to make a Great Gatsby Haunted Mansion for some time now haha but never got around to it.

FigmentPigments

I'm just gonna say mayb we could even incorporate some Doctor Strange into our Fantasyland. Or make it the transition from fantasy to a New York area

Ooh! Can our park please have a New York area. Id love to make a Gatsby ride! And Avengers!
I like the idea of a new York area (could be our liberty square), I'm a little iffy on the Great Gasby. This is just a personal doubt so if we Sally forth with this, im on board. What I remember of this novel is drinking, implied sex, and Gatsby being shot dead. How would you either work these in or work around them? Again, genuinely curious.

Sephirenn

@Sephirenn just tagging again in case you missed it!

Your One Sentence Comp submissions are really impressive and wondering if you'd like to help us brainstorm a Fantasyland together here?:)

Hello! Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I may just have to be an occasional visitor/brainstormer as I don't have a ton of free time, and what time I do I usually put towards the One Sentence Comp. But with that concluding I can hopefully check in on this thread more often and contribute wherever I would be useful.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hello! Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I may just have to be an occasional visitor/brainstormer as I don't have a ton of free time, and what time I do I usually put towards the One Sentence Comp. But with that concluding I can hopefully check in on this thread more often and contribute wherever I would be useful.
Hey! For sure -- take your time. There are no due dates involved in this so this is more of a casual brainstorming -- we'd love to have you contribute though! Especially your map skills!:geek:

Disney Dad 3000

I like the idea of a new York area (could be our liberty square), I'm a little iffy on the Great Gasby. This is just a personal doubt so if we Sally forth with this, im on board. What I remember of this novel is drinking, implied sex, and Gatsby being shot dead. How would you either work these in or work around them? Again, genuinely curious.

I'm thinking he's spent a night partying at Hell Hall, tipping one too many back, he's hit on all the Disney women in attendance and one of their suitors offs him on his way home. His ghost roams the halls and he leaves clues for you to figure out who dunnit.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Haha. More like the Un-Disney Theme Park.

Only my opinion, but I think NY would feel a little out of place in MK.
Hmm I would agree with skyscrapers and designs like that.

A possible way I could see it working is if the architecture is focused on the colonial era (but even then I think Boston would be better suited for that) -- using a similar street pattern to New Orleans Square.

Disney Dad 3000

Hmm I would agree with skyscrapers and designs like that.

A possible way I could see it working is if the architecture is focused on the colonial era (but even then I think Boston would be better suited for that) -- using a similar street pattern to New Orleans Square.

yeah, it's tricky because where's its situated, there are so many entry points, that getting a good transition at each one is tough

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Is there a way we could tie it to New Orleans area?
That may be getting into more of an America park -- unless I'm thinking about it backwards haha

If @kmbmw777 is interested in a Dr. Strange ride -- I'm thinking it could almost be tied with Ant-Man in a revamped Adventure Thru Inner Space ride for Tomorrowland (once we get to that point):bookworm:

michmousefan

Hello all... while my time is also a bit scarce from day to day, chipping in with brainstorming is always fun.

As for IPs that work well in Fantasyland... what about *all* of them in an attraction that sort of previews all that Fantasyland (re-imagined/refurbed or all new) has to offer? The Peoplemover is such a popular attraction in Tomorrowland; why not have a similarly oriented attraction that takes you in, around and through some of the iconic Fantasyland rides? It would have to be done in a way that wouldn't intrude on the original attractions, but for some, like IASW, there could be room to interact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom