Closing of Tower of Terror (WDW)

I am Timmy

That one is ridiculous sounding, even coming from Jim Hill. If they build something new for GotG (as opposed to an overlay), there's no logical reason to copy what DCA has. It would be similar to building WDW's Pirates in CA with a different theme. And that's not even getting into the placement at the front of the park. Martin has mentioned a new building that could be hidden behind the existing UoE building, that makes much more sense.
If it ends up looking anything like that mess in DL, I'll be glad it's hidden behind UoE!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And gutting it and replacing it is cheaper? Just wondering ...
Computer says yes. They have a showbuilding with a flat and level floor and a queue layout and load area that's reusable. They can do a Test Track with the preshow spaces. Capital investment would be a ride system that needs no track and scenery that would need projection infrastructure added and CGI media created.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

Computer says yes. They have a showbuilding with a flat and level floor and a queue layout and load area that's reusable. They can do a Test Track with the preshow spaces. Capital investment would be a ride system that needs no track and scenery that would need projection infrastructure added and CGI media created.
I have to imagine demolition of the sets would be expensive. :(

Also, do you mean Test Track 1 or 2 in regards to preshow comparison?

HMF

What do you mean by a "Test Track"?

RSoxNo1

He generally is a good resource for stories and anecdotes about Disney history, and in years past had good nuggets about using rumors. But it appears that for the past five years about, his rumor sources have either lost their accuracy or their access.

For example, after Spirit first put out the guardians tower rumor, Hill confirmed it, but said it would only be a temporary overlay, and that the up-and-down motions would be powered by Groot's vines.

Still, I have a soft spot for him because he shares genuinely entertaining yarns by everyone from Disney legends to background nobodies.
Conversely he was also the first person with Frozen Ever After, C3PO as the Star Tours pilot, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Third Theater for Soarin' and Art of Animation resort.

Cesar R M

The test Track preshow rooms were self contained rooms within a larger existing room. In this case they were installed within the original larger World of Motion interior queue space.
so the whole area was like a giant convention center sea of empty space and then divided into parts?

WDWTank

I hope new original E-Ticket Experiences are built and not tie-in, marketing amusement attractions based on movies.​

WDWTank

See my new Profile picture? Young people with a passion for the future can change the industry of Themed Entertainment forever......

HMF

Innoventions is getting its air con replaced

:D
I don't know why I am asking this but is the current AC system 94 or 82 vintage and a more substantial question Will this be as drastic a change as Communicore to Innoventions was or even more so?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom