News Circle of Life at The Land Pavilion permanently closing in early February 2018

Cmdr_Crimson

What is surprising though is that many people going up to the main entrance seen the sign that it was closed thinking that it was still open. All signs and pre-show area were all lit up giving a look of that it was open. But it wasn't...

judino28

The Land will be getting a sizeable refresh in the not too distant future.

Interesting. I just hope this doesn't include getting rid of Living with the Land or changing it too much. My wife and I LOVE that ride. We always ride it multiple times. It's so relaxing, interesting, and educational.

We've also done the Behind the Seeds tour three times. Just had our family do the tour last week on our last visit and they all loved it.

So, hopefully you can reassure us that Living with the Land isn't doomed!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting. I just hope this doesn't include getting rid of Living with the Land or changing it too much. My wife and I LOVE that ride. We always ride it multiple times. It's so relaxing, interesting, and educational.

We've also done the Behind the Seeds tour three times. Just had our family do the tour last week on our last visit and they all loved it.

So, hopefully you can reassure us that Living with the Land isn't doomed!
Living with the Land isn’t doomed AFAIK.

Last edited:

JS514

Never! The greatest show on property. Hands off!!

tumblr_m4uiepvUsq1rxqiloo1_500.gif

Even if not a park orginal, it is now one of the last remaining vestiges of classic DHS. A park with an emphasis on show(business) and on attractions driven by human performers. Back when WDW tried to let their parks have different identities.

We love Little Mermaid, but that show is embarrassingly bad. It has all the pieces to be a great show, but the lack of execution and updating (which is sadly a common theme throughout WDW) make it an easy miss. I'm not necessarily a proponent of axing the show, but if it isn't going to get the TLC it deserves, then they need to scrub it and put something there that is worth the time.

Cmdr_Crimson

We love Little Mermaid, but that show is embarrassingly bad. It has all the pieces to be a great show, but the lack of execution and updating (which is sadly a common theme throughout WDW) make it an easy miss. I'm not necessarily a proponent of axing the show, but if it isn't going to get the TLC it deserves, then they need to scrub it and put something there that is worth the time.

I saw it last week.....And BOY Was it terrible! It is so out of order and is just a mish-mash of confusement with the clips in the background while Ariel sings......I say bring back Here Come The Muppets instead...At least they were able to Crash a Monorail into the theater..
wdwmonorail.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I saw it last week.....And BOY Was it terrible! It is so out of order and is just a mish-mash of confusement with the clips in the background while Ariel sings......I say bring back Here Come The Muppets instead...At least they were able to Crash a Monorail into the theater..
wdwmonorail.JPG
“The Monorail doesn’t come through here...”

“Does now!!”

- some of the best attraction dialogue ever written.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Personally, I think the Little Mermaid show should stay... But it should be updated with less awkward film and more stage time. Take some of the scenes from the Broadway show and put it in, like the "She's in Love" song with Flounder and the sisters, the opening musical scene, the bird song, ect. In other words, flesh it out with less film and more stage. Lengthen the show to 30 minutes instead of what, 19?

ANYways... What is the update on CoL?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom