News Circle of Life at The Land Pavilion permanently closing in early February 2018

SNS

Something I wonder with these things. Is the film kept after closure? I wish they would make the film of these attractions available in some form. Either on DVD or on their YouTube channel.

I forgot how big that theater is. Too bad they won't be putting anything new in that space.

The article said that a new one is expected eventually. I imagine when they redo much of the Land in a few years.

Cmdr_Crimson

Something I wonder with these things. Is the film kept after closure? I wish they would make the film of these attractions available in some form. Either on DVD or on their YouTube channel.
You can easily find this movie on YouTube I even posted one that's a decent version with in this post.

The Empress Lilly

So when will Voyage Of The Little Mermaid at DHS meet the same fate?
Never! The greatest show on property. Hands off!!

tumblr_m4uiepvUsq1rxqiloo1_500.gif

Even if not a park orginal, it is now one of the last remaining vestiges of classic DHS. A park with an emphasis on show(business) and on attractions driven by human performers. Back when WDW tried to let their parks have different identities.

Last edited:

brb1006

Never! The greatest show on property. Hands off!!

tumblr_m4uiepvUsq1rxqiloo1_500.gif

Even if not a park orginal, it is now one of the last remaining vestiges of classic DHS. A park with an emphasis on show(business) and on attractions driven by human performers. Back when WDW tried to let their parks have different identities.
You forgot Beauty and the Beast live on stage.

Gringrinngghost

Disney doesn't have a lot of events in there. The Theater is being used for Disney Sings and what appears to be very limited Acting 101. This is the overview from the Disney Preforming Arts Site for Disney Sings:

Workshop Overview
Performers experience the exhilaration—and the demands—of being a professional performer as they prepare music for a soundtrack recording session. During this 2 1/2-hour program, your group will record a song and dialogue from a Disney animated feature film's soundtrack in a fast-paced recording studio environment.
Performers will also examine the skills, attitudes and priorities required for vocal performance excellence as they:
  • Learn the music and basic choreography from a real Disney production number
  • Learn vocal techniques to improve diction and produce unified vowel sounds using 3- and 4-part music
  • Develop better breath control through good posture
  • Examine varied musical styles and how different vocal production techniques are required in the music industry
  • Discover audition tips to increase your chances of success
  • Learn how to be flexible in your approach to songs and voiceovers
  • Discuss the requirements of a studio recording environment and what is expected of performers
All music is provided at the workshop and taught by your Disney clinician and accompanist. The music selected is scored to your group's ability level to ensure final performance success. Choreography is limited to movement on choral risers.

For Acting 101:

Workshop Overview
Designed for all levels of actors, this 90-minute workshop provides students with the building blocks of theater, while exploring performance and storytelling techniques. Your Disney teaching artist will focus on tapping into the student's unique voice to develop his/her performance abilities. Students also learn to build confidence, develop improvisational skills and maintain professionalism on the stage.
Your group will engage in stimulating discussions and acting exercises as they:
  • Master the building blocks of basic theater, performance and storytelling techniques
  • Create and develop unique characters
  • Practice improvisational skills while discovering how to maintain professionalism on stage
  • Learn basic audition techniques

They have it being used from 2/9, 2/14-24, 3/1-11

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom