Cinderella's Royal Table to Have Character Dining for All Meals

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
maxime29 said:
The photo-op is a waste IMO.

I Also hate that we have to pay in advance via the CC. What if we plan on using the Disney Dining to pay for that? I guess our two sit downs will be spared for another restaurant. Rather use it on Citricos/Narcoossees at that point.

Then again, it's not like they don't serve the same pork tenderloin or chicken meal at another sit down restaurant.

I told the CM I talked to when I booked CRT for 5 Feb I was using DDP, she just took my CC info as security. They didn't post the charge to my card.

wannabeBelle

MontyMon said:
I told the CM I talked to when I booked CRT for 5 Feb I was using DDP, she just took my CC info as security. They didn't post the charge to my card.
that is correct Monty and they will not charge your card as long as you show up!!! Belle

Legacy

Well, this is great. I got to eat there once and can honestly say I now no longer have any desire to eat there again.

Why can't they just leave dinner alone and let it be a nice, quiet, romantic meal in the castle? At this point to only "romantic" place to eat in MK is Tony's.

:rolleyes:

Nansafan

I too am disappointed. We ate at the Castle every trip. Now it will be impossible to get a table for dinner especially since you can book 180 days out and we don't plan our vacations that far in advance. Over the years, we've seen about a dozen marriage proposals in the Castle during dinner. Having it be a character meal for dinner now, I can't see many young couples going there with the gentlemen's decision to propose while there are characters milling around and little one's squealing in delight. The romance of the castle will be lost. I understand the need, I just wish that they'd leave dinner as a non-character meal.

Ausdaddy

wannabeBelle said:
Had you considered some of the other great character dinner options, both inside and outside of Magic Kingdom that are only one table service? I always like the Crystal Palace for dinner and Chef Mickey's outside of the parks is a big favorite for dinner. Also another option for princesses specifically would be to make a reservation at Akershus Dining Hall in Norway in EPCOT. I dont know if I Am brave enough to try lunch or dinner there but I have had breakfast there and found it OK as it was normal American style food. I am just not very adventurous when it comes to unusual foods!!! Any questions, please feel free to ask!!! Belle

Belle,

Yes! Thank you for the suggestion. My daughter is 3 and the princesses are a must.

Miss Bell

We just booked our Priority Seatings for June, and were shocked at this change. We had planned dinner instead of lunch to avoid the characters.

It is our tradition to eat in the castle, but my very skinny 14 year old daughter will never eat $40.00 worth of food. In the past, the waiters there have taken one look at her an offered her a kid's portion.

I wish the would change this back to the way it was.:(

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Nansafan said:
I too am disappointed. We ate at the Castle every trip. Now it will be impossible to get a table for dinner especially since you can book 180 days out and we don't plan our vacations that far in advance. Over the years, we've seen about a dozen marriage proposals in the Castle during dinner. Having it be a character meal for dinner now, I can't see many young couples going there with the gentlemen's decision to propose while there are characters milling around and little one's squealing in delight. The romance of the castle will be lost. I understand the need, I just wish that they'd leave dinner as a non-character meal.
I was less than 50 days out when I booked for dinner with no problem - plenty of seatings.

Somebody said "None other than the Fairy Godmother," and someone else said, "OK, as long as there is only one character." I think that comment may have been misunderstood. "None other than," meaning "would you believe," the Fairy Godmother is your hostess, and there will be other Disney characters, as there are at any character meal.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
wannabeBelle said:
that is correct Monty and they will not charge your card as long as you show up!!! Belle
Interesting. On our last trip (Thanksgiving) when we booked CRT, they charged our CC for the deposite then gave us credit when we paid our bill. I would imagine that they will charge the card then credit it back when you pay via the DP.

dxwwf3

What's next for the Magic Kingdom? A Sonny Eclipse Meet and Greet to go along with a Character Meal at Cosmic Ray's where you can get YOUR picture taken in front of Eclipse. All for $39.99. Maybe just close the Tomorrowland Noodle Station and have 2 floors of meet and greets.

I used to like to eat at the Crystal Palace and the Royal Table, but that seems like it's been ages ago since we've been in there.

And yes I realize that character meals are popular. I really do. But believe it or not there are people that go to the MK that do not have young children and they like to eat too.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
What's next for the Magic Kingdom? A Sonny Eclipse Meet and Greet to go along with a Character Meal at Cosmic Ray's where you can get YOUR picture taken in front of Eclipse. All for $39.99. Maybe just close the Tomorrowland Noodle Station and have 2 floors of meet and greets.

I used to like to eat at the Crystal Palace and the Royal Table, but that seems like it's been ages ago since we've been in there.

And yes I realize that character meals are popular. I really do. But believe it or not there are people that go to the MK that do not have young children and they like to eat too.
Well stated. :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
hakunamatata said:
Interesting. On our last trip (Thanksgiving) when we booked CRT, they charged our CC for the deposite then gave us credit when we paid our bill. I would imagine that they will charge the card then credit it back when you pay via the DP.

My thinking here is if you tell them you're using DDP they don't charge the CC unless you miss the PS. If you don't tell them, they charge it right away, as advertised.

In my case, charging my cc and then posting a credit would still cost me money, because my cc is in $CDN and the billing would be $US, converting back and forth almost invariably means I lose money on the deal [well, unless your dollar really tanks in value in the interim :lookaroun].

MissM

dxwwf3 said:
Exactly!

-m

PamelaNiebergal

The way I understood it is that the fairy godmother hosts the dinner but it isn't a traditional character meal. We booked this for our one year anniversary and I hope this is the case or else I will have to cancel. Anyone in the know care to confirm?

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Now that 2/1 has come and gone, has anyone had the pleasure of the new dining experience?

I understand from WDWKAT26 that this is in fact a traditional character meal with Cinderella, Snow White, Princess Aurora and Belle, with the occasional appearance by Jasmine.

So how is it?

Figments Friend

Yes...please post your review!

I was thinking of doing this for my upcoming short visit in March...but these recent changes have made me seriously rethink the idea.

Sounds like it was very nice before the oncoming of the characters....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom