Cinderella's Royal Table to Have Character Dining for All Meals

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
I have always enjoyed eating "in the castle" and make one meal there a priority for each trip down. Our next trip is at the end of February, so when I called this week for a priority seating, I learned that by the time I get there, the evening meal (maybe you call that dinner - I call it supper) will be a full character meal.

Cinderella's breakfast had been expanded to lunch sometime last year, and now it appears that all meals will be character meals.

The person on the phone told me an effective date of 2/1/06, and I don't know if I heard that right or not, but certainly by the end of February, that is what you can look forward to.

wannabeBelle

Hey there!!! This is absolutely correct!!! We had heard about this one a while ago. The pricing structure will also be changed to include a picture of your party and will be more expensive than the other character meals. If you are onthe MYW dining plan, this meal will be two sit down meals to eat there for a single meal!!! Belle

MissM

Sorry, but paying double the price for a set menu to get a "free" lithograph isn't something to look forward to. The prime rib for example, used to be $23 and now it'll be $40 for one person. Oh but I get a "free" lithograph with dinner now. :mad:

This is a TERRIBLE situation and it stinks because I'll never get to eat at the Castle again.
-m

wannabeBelle

Hi again, Here is a link to the news of Cinderella's Changes:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm
Ill include the text here with a special thank you to Deb Wills for getting us the information!!
CHANGES AT CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE!

Beginning February 1, 2006, dining at Cinderella's Royal Table will undergo several changes:

-- Breakfast and Lunch will continue as Disney Princess-themed character meals. However, when you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation, a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby, before you are seated in the dining room. A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo, as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle, in a Cinderella photo holder (valued at $29.95 plus tax) will be delivered to you during your meal, which will be from a fixed-price, set menu. (Additional photos may be purchased.)

Breakfast: $31.99 ages 10 and up; $21.99 ages 3-9. Lunch: $33.99 ages 10 and up; $22.99 ages 3-9.

-- Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner.

Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9.

NOTE: Once these changes go into effect (February 1, 2006), payment in full with a credit card will be required at the time of booking for all meals at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made. All reservations for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table prior to February 1, 2006, will follow current pricing and deposit payment policies.

Magic Your Way Plus Dining Plan WILL be accepted at Cinderella's Royal Table meals, requiring TWO table service credits.

Ausdaddy

Lee said:
Now THIS is the worst decision I've seen at WDW in years.:fork: :brick:

Totally agree. This now costs me two sit downs on the dining plan for my next trip. Had to give up Liberty Tree :mad:

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
I'll let you know how bad it was when I get back but I don't expect to be whining. Somehow, it hit me as "this was bound to happen sooner or later," and there is such a strong demand that I wasn't able to get a seating for lunch (always my preference) at all. The only complaint seems to be the cost. So when was anything ever inexpensive for long inside of WDW?

Think about it - in THE castle. Why wouldn't Disney put Cinderella characters in there for every meal and make a handsome profit off of it? Why wouldn't guests want to see characters in there at every meal? I mean, they have characters in the Liberty Tree Tavern and the Crystal Palace for cryin' out loud!

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to be able to go in there and take my chances on being greeted by Cinderella (past high success rate is no guarantee of future performance) and eat the pretzel bread and prime rib at an only mildly exorbitant price, but if Disney is going to jack the price and guarantee not only Cinderella but other characters too, and give me a photo and whatever for my trouble. . . I'll take it.

wannabeBelle

Ausdaddy said:
Totally agree. This now costs me two sit downs on the dining plan for my next trip. Had to give up Liberty Tree :mad:
Had you considered some of the other great character dinner options, both inside and outside of Magic Kingdom that are only one table service? I always like the Crystal Palace for dinner and Chef Mickey's outside of the parks is a big favorite for dinner. Also another option for princesses specifically would be to make a reservation at Akershus Dining Hall in Norway in EPCOT. I dont know if I Am brave enough to try lunch or dinner there but I have had breakfast there and found it OK as it was normal American style food. I am just not very adventurous when it comes to unusual foods!!! Any questions, please feel free to ask!!! Belle

DiPSU224

I wasn't aware of the changes either until I went to make my dining arrangements on Wednesday. It has been our first night tradition to eat in the castle. We never had a bad experience and always lucked out when getting to sit at a window table. I didn't care about using the 2 dining points as much as making it a character meal. Sometimes being 2 adults without kids makes us feel a little weird at character meals. So, unfortunately, we passed this year, swapping our first dinner at the castle for O'hana. Things change I guess! :)

MickeyTigg

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
What characters will be there for dinner? Hopefully they use characters like Mickey etc.. I dont like the princesses for dinner.

None other than the Fairy Godmother will be hosting the meal.

DiPSU224

wannabeBelle said:
Hi again, Here is a link to the news of Cinderella's Changes:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/restnews.htm
Ill include the text here with a special thank you to Deb Wills for getting us the information!!
CHANGES AT CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE!

Beginning February 1, 2006, dining at Cinderella's Royal Table will undergo several changes:

-- Breakfast and Lunch will continue as Disney Princess-themed character meals. However, when you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation, a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby, before you are seated in the dining room. A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo, as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle, in a Cinderella photo holder (valued at $29.95 plus tax) will be delivered to you during your meal, which will be from a fixed-price, set menu. (Additional photos may be purchased.)

Breakfast: $31.99 ages 10 and up; $21.99 ages 3-9. Lunch: $33.99 ages 10 and up; $22.99 ages 3-9.

-- Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner.

Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9.

NOTE: Once these changes go into effect (February 1, 2006), payment in full with a credit card will be required at the time of booking for all meals at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made. All reservations for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table prior to February 1, 2006, will follow current pricing and deposit payment policies.

Magic Your Way Plus Dining Plan WILL be accepted at Cinderella's Royal Table meals, requiring TWO table service credits.

I didn't even realize that it was just going to be the Fairy Godmother hosting the dinner. The way it sounded, I thought it was going to be with the Princesses walking around. This might not be so bad then. Although, if I book this, I'll have to give up Boma for breakfast and I so badly have been wanting to try that. Oh well, this will just have to be the year of trying out new things...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My DS and I will be there for breakfast on 5 Feb. They may not have ironed out all the kinks by then, but I'll include a report in my TR when I get back.

My take is they're improving the deal. Two sit-downs, but you get three prints [1-6x8, 2-4x6] of your party and a framed 6x8 of the castle in addition to the characters and meal. I'll reserve judgement, but I'm optimistic.

imamouse

I for one am disappointed. :mad: I had heard that the reason Disney gave for this change is that guests assumed that there would be characters at each and every meal at the castle and were upset when none appeared at lunch and dinner. But my family of men (hubby and 2 teen-age sons) have no interest what-so-ever in eating with any characters, much less the Fairy Godmother, so, we will not be booking the castle again (not that we will be missed with all the business WDW is doing there).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
imamouse said:
I for one am disappointed. :mad: I had heard that the reason Disney gave for this change is that guests assumed that there would be characters at each and every meal at the castle and were upset when none appeared at lunch and dinner. But my family of men (hubby and 2 teen-age sons) have no interest what-so-ever in eating with any characters, much less the Fairy Godmother, so, we will not be booking the castle again (not that we will be missed with all the business WDW is doing there).
Honestly there is better food and service at other places on property....

maxime29

Premium Member
The photo-op is a waste IMO.

I Also hate that we have to pay in advance via the CC. What if we plan on using the Disney Dining to pay for that? I guess our two sit downs will be spared for another restaurant. Rather use it on Citricos/Narcoossees at that point.

Then again, it's not like they don't serve the same pork tenderloin or chicken meal at another sit down restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom