Cinderellabration to close Sept 16th

GenieGirl

Scuttlebutt has it that the new show (whatever it may be as no information has been leaked on that one yet) will open on Sept. 30. Just in time for the friggin million dreams campaign. Couldn't this year be JUST about Epcot's 25th?????

Chape19714

GenieGirl said:
Scuttlebutt has it that the new show (whatever it may be as no information has been leaked on that one yet) will open on Sept. 30. Just in time for the friggin million dreams campaign. Couldn't this year be JUST about Epcot's 25th?????
Epcot's 25th will be October 1, 2007. There is still one more year, so it's a ways off, so this does not in any way intrude on Epcot's 25th.

Jacquelina

Hey everyone! I'm rather new here and I just felt like sticking my two cents in about Cinderellabration. :p

I really didn't like this show. Ok, yeah it's cute, but I already knew the story of Cinderella and I guess I kind of presumed what her crowning would be like, lol. I did however like that the other prince and princesses were there. Anyhoo, I welcome a new show because I guess I'm just ready for one! Hopefully, the new one will be better :)

I don't think I have ever seen the show completely through...I normally catch a glimpse of it as I walk to another area of the Magic Kingdom. I would like to see it replaced with a completely different show or just omit the show completely!!!

"Thanks for Soarin' with us."

*Goin' to the World on Monday!*

joanna71985

lightboy said:
Um, maybe at the most, ONE or TWO boxes may fit on the stage. The current setpiece takes up more than 50% of the stage. And maybe they took out a tape measure, but they never brought the boxes back out to the stage. They've been in storage awaiting their dismissal from duty. :)

I shouldn't be saying this at all. But it's really disappointing for me to work on a show that doesn't get any applause afterwards. The only thing that gets any applause is the pyrotechnics. This show is a PAGEANT. Something simply to get young girls to see princesses, then immediately demand their fathers take them down mainstreet to get the same costume in their smaller size. The show was a flop.

Unfortunately, I have to file this show away into the same folder that contains the birthday cake Castle. I was incredibly happy to hear that we were losing the 'bration. Hopefully, whatever comes in the coming months brings back the Disney magic onto the Castle Forecourt Stage...something that appeals and connects to ALL ages...and again puts on one heck of a Disney-type show for our guests. That's what Disney Entertainment is...

For those of you who also haven't heard...Sword in the Stone will be permanently done-away-with...making headway for a new Princess/Royal Court "Academy", which should be somewhat like the Pirate's tutorial counterpart. Last two shows I believe will be in September...Merlin is currently down for the summer...

What?! When was this decided? I really enjoy that show a lot. I hate that it is down for the summer.

lightboy

joanna71985 said:
What?! When was this decided? I really enjoy that show a lot. I hate that it is down for the summer.

The techs know all. And Merlin is down for the summer because the lines for PhilharMagic frequently protrude that area.

tirian

lightboy said:
I shouldn't be saying this at all. But it's really disappointing for me to work on a show that doesn't get any applause afterwards. The only thing that gets any applause is the pyrotechnics. This show is a PAGEANT. Something simply to get young girls to see princesses, then immediately demand their fathers take them down mainstreet to get the same costume in their smaller size. The show was a flop.

That is, unfortunately, how the majority of CMs in the show feel. The Equity performers aren't happy with their roles, and everyone knows that the show doesn't impress too many Guests.

You're right: the pyro is the only part of the show that garnered applause; and when the pyro was suspended a few months ago because of fire concerns, Cinderellabration often ended to no applause at all. It was surreal.

New2WDW

I just caught this news and my girls are going to be dissapointed because the couple of times we tried to see it...it rained out on us.:cry: After reading some of these posts I guess they did not really miss too much. Hopefully this new show will be better, because we will be there Sept. 30th.:sohappy:

tirian

How to Duplicate This Show at Home:

1) Put on a brightly colored dress and spin in circles.

2) Tell your kids a lousy, canned speech about how they're princesses in their hearts. Make sure that you don't sound too convincing.

3) Pop a couple of firecrackers at the end of the show.

There. They haven't missed anything but crowds.

:lol:

PKD

Imaginationeer said:
I remember the first time I saw that show thinking, when is something going to happen. Obviously people in Tokyo have bad taste in shows because unless your a ten or younger year old girl, this show is horrible. This show was a disgrace to all of the great shows the castle has seen, and i cannot wait to see CSC return!

The show in Tokyo only ran at night and was larger then life! They even had a horse drawn carriage for Cinderella, plus they had over 40 fur & face characters on stage. I think it was a 30-45 minute show.

Chape19714

tirian said:
How to Duplicate This Show at Home:

1) Put on a brightly colored dress and spin in circles.

2) Tell your kids a lousy, canned speech about how they're princesses in their hearts. Make sure that you don't sound too convincing.

3) Pop a couple of firecrackers at the end of the show.

There. They haven't missed anything but crowds.

You forgot that is has to be staged at the hottest point of the day outdoors, just to make it worse for those watching.

wdwishes2005

you need to add annoyed people trying to get from frontierland to tommorrowland, and photographers that just want a normal castle shot.....

tirian

Yes, but I'm trying to give simple instructions on how to reproduce this at home.

Oh! I just thought of something else.

Rule # 2 1/2: Blast Disney music as loudly as you can. Get bonus points for jumping around aimlessly during "Prince Ali" from Aladdin.

wdwishes2005

tirian said:
Yes, but I'm trying to give simple instructions on how to reproduce this at home.

Oh! I just thought of something else.

Rule # 2 1/2: Blast Disney music as loudly as you can. Get bonus points for jumping around aimlessly during "Prince Ali" from Aladdin.
:lol: That's good. I never really watched the whole thing, I stopped for a bit and looked and left because it was so boring. I seem to remember something i think was called mickey's surprise celebration, that was actually decent. It still didn't warrant congesting the hub that much though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom