• yes

Votes: 171 43.5%
  • no

Votes: 222 56.5%

• Total voters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn't the anniversary supposed to go 18 months?
Yes. Technically, from Oct 1, 2021 to April 1, 2023.

Tho, it was intended to start April 1, 2021 and end on Oct 1, 2022, but the pandemic shifted it to start 'on time,' tho WDW really wasn't ready for it, still. (How are we enjoying WDW's anniversary gift to the MK, namely, TRON?)

And there are a lot of indications that WDW wishes it was already over, so, we'll see if it makes it all the way to April. I don't even think WDW has given an official end date, allowing them to close it down whenever they want, including in October.

My bet is Jan of 2023 it will end with a whimper (as in they cease to advertise the 50th) . And it will take a few months for all remnants to be removed.

JustAFan

I'm one of the only people who likes the color scheme of the castle. The previous scheme is so dull and boring.

*ducks from the barrage of rotten fruit thrown my way*
The brighter colors are ok for a celebration like the 50th anniversary, but it looks more like a souvenir chachki or cake topper decoration than a castle. The muted colors looked more like an actual castle.

Anteater

The brighter colors are ok for a celebration like the 50th anniversary, but it looks more like a souvenir chachki or cake topper decoration than a castle. The muted colors looked more like an actual castle.
We always have to remember, it could have been the cake, not the cake topper!
D071BB22-8C45-4824-A18A-9FB7F3B2FC2E.jpeg

Amidala

I like the gold accents and the deeper blues. It's the pink/rose gold that I dislike tremendously.

If they could just repaint the pink/rose gold to the grays/beiges it was before, and give the spires a fresh coat of dark blue paint, it would look fantastic.
I'd be fine with this (100% preferable to the rose gold) but I would really love to see the castle painted white or even an extremely pale blue.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
I'd be fine with this (100% preferable to the rose gold) but I would really love to see the castle painted white or even an extremely pale blue
I know a story came out about how when MK reopened in 2020 with the pink scheme that some of the executives didn’t like it at all. I wonder if that was Iger or the current management team, because if it was Chapek/D’Amaro, I’m guessing we will get an update for the 100 years of Wonder promo.
Additionally, has there been any word about a new MK firework show for that?

Amidala

I know a story came out about how when MK reopened in 2020 with the pink scheme that some of the executives didn’t like it at all. I wonder if that was Iger or the current management team, because if it was Chapek/D’Amaro, I’m guessing we will get an update for the 100 years of Wonder promo.
Yeah, I remember hearing at the time some of the execs weren't happy with the final product because the rose gold was much more intense than expected, but not sure how true that is. I assumed it was Iger who was dissatisfied but I could be wrong.

Aurorafan

Additionally, has there been any word about a new MK firework show for that?
That first coat of pink was awful. I really dont like the pink at all - too much like DL castle. Hope the pink goes away after the 50th

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Yeah, I remember hearing at the time some of the execs weren't happy with the final product because the rose gold was much more intense than expected, but not sure how true that is. I assumed it was Iger who was dissatisfied but I could be wrong.
That first coat of pink was awful. I really dont like the pink at all - too much like DL castle. Hope the pink goes away after the 50th
So I guess now based on history, get ready for another pink castle on the 75th.
I went in October 2020, and it had faded enough that the color wasn’t so vibrant, but I do think what made it worse were the earidescent roof tiles that they had until Early 2021. It looks better than it did right after it had been painted, but it is fading so fast that I think greys and whites are the only colors that won’t fade out as noticeably.

castlecake2.0

Yes. Technically, from Oct 1, 2021 to April 1, 2023.

Tho, it was intended to start April 1, 2021 and end on Oct 1, 2022, but the pandemic shifted it to start 'on time,' tho WDW really wasn't ready for it, still. (How are we enjoying WDW's anniversary gift to the MK, namely, TRON?)

And there are a lot of indications that WDW wishes it was already over, so, we'll see if it makes it all the way to April. I don't even think WDW has given an official end date, allowing them to close it down whenever they want, including in October.

My bet is Jan of 2023 it will end with a whimper (as in they cease to advertise the 50th) . And it will take a few months for all remnants to be removed.
A few months to cut down some lame vinyl pole signs?

MagicHappens1971

Which anniversary? Disney repainted Cinderella Castle for the 70th anniversary of the movie. The accents were added for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World. Two different things, officially
I believe insiders here insinuated that they used the 70th anniversary as something else to market. IMO all of the changes to the castle are one thing to Disney.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Which anniversary? Disney repainted Cinderella Castle for the 70th anniversary of the movie. The accents were added for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World. Two different things, officially
I’m pretty sure that was just a way to A) Distribute costs over time and B) Allow for what was going to be a publicity event (before COVID hit).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom