Christmas Parade Taping

Kevin

I did end up going somewhat early but they didn't do anything early.

They taped David Cook at about 1pm, Air Buddies about 1:45pm and Sarah Brightman about 2:15pm. This year David Cook and Sarah Brightman were both taped at a stage in Town Square. There were several great vantage points up by the stage off to the sides, although there were a lot of bad views because of high shrubs all around and the 'extras' areas were not good views. There were also okay views from the Train Platform. And, they let a few hundred people inside the shrubs to be right up at the stage.

They were both very fun with the crowd and each sang their song about 3 times plus some warm up. Then, they brought out 3 really, really cute puppies and put them on the curb on Main Street surrounded by a lot of people pretending to watch the parade and shot some pictures as if the puppies were watching the parade. It was really cute.

Tomorrow it appears they are doing the cast of Mary Poppins on the Town Square Stage around 8am and then moving the crew down to the castle to tape David Archuleta at 11am. Then, they are taping the parade throughout the day. Miley and her dad are rumored but couldn't get any confirmation.

Anyone know more??

ttalovebug

I did not have a ticket of any kind, just went to hang out and see what was happening. David Cook went first and sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" about three times. David Archuleta did not peform, but I saw him at Casey's hot dogs. I assume he's performing tomorrow? :shrug:

Sarah Brightman was the reason I went, I am huge fan of hers (and also a huge Phantom of the Opera fan :D). She sang Silent Night about three times. Actually, after the second time the director said they were done, and she said she wanted to do it again, and said, "It's just always been my dream to see Cinderella's castle". I'm pretty sure I saw Meg Crofton talking to her.

I don't know anything about tomorrow, but I'm going to check it out anyway.

Okay so I was planning on going to MK tomorrow anyway - but now that I've heard Miley is going to be there, I'm really really excited. Can anyone give me some info... time, place, do I need a special ticket or something?

ttalovebug

Okay so I was planning on going to MK tomorrow anyway - but now that I've heard Miley is going to be there, I'm really really excited. Can anyone give me some info... time, place, do I need a special ticket or something?

If you don't have a special ticket, you can't get one now. Your best bet is just to get there as soon as it opens.

donsullivan

Premium Member
In line to get in to the taping now. I'll try to post real time updates and som phone cam pics along the way. They'll be on my Flickr page as I go

donsullivan

Premium Member
Just got back from today's taping and my feet are killing me. Standing in crowds for 10 hours hurts. I'm uploading pics from the camera now and will post a bunch as soon as they're uploaded.

Performances today:
- Cast of Mary Poppins at Town Square along with 800 additional dancers all along main street.
- Miley Cyrus on the Castle Stage
- Billy Ray Cyrus on the Castle Stage

A few segments I was surprised missing in the parade include the Toy Soldiers. They may be cutting them in from other footage, but they were not a part of today's taping.

Here's a link to a thread with a bunch of photos taken during todays taping

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3263279#post3263279

The_CEO

I got pictures of David Cook from yesterday's 1:00 pm taping. But won't be able to post until next week. How funny that Miley Cirus? (sp) was there. Crowds are still stong tonight.... Not gonna go in tonight i guess! ( sips on drink from the Contemporary Balcony)

suziq143

Glad it's over!

Whew....the hype was tremendous this year! I took my daughter and 2 friends. Three is a bad number. My daughter ended up having a miserable time and I....was the chubby brunette walking around with pneumonia! Not my best visit, I am quite sure we will have better experiences in the future.

I hope everyone that needed tickets got them...

Lots of Love and Blessings for a New Year!

Merry Christmas!

If anyone has any really good deals on Animal Kingdom, I'd be grateful.

Suz

Webhead

A video of David and Miley are up on my website (see below). I didn't put the whole performances up, just a short preview to hold you over til it airs on Christmas day. Thanks for watching!

jiddng

Figment, thanks a lot. She's my favorite singer. Do know what song she sang?
She sang "Silent Night" David Cook sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

What my DH and I were disappointed about, was the fact that Cook, a relatively newcomer to the music industry, sang his song LIVE. Sarah, a 20+ years seasoned pro, lip-synched her song. We were moved into the front of the stage when she sang, and it was obvious to us she lip-synched to a previously recorded track. Other than that, and the sore feet, knees and legs from standing 5 hours straight that day, and 7 hours straight for the parade-taping, it was a very nice experience.

Thank you, PSheeder, for getting the link to us!

I will post my pics, once I get home from da World (although that will be tough with 70's temps here and low 40's back north...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom