Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I can't wait to hear the stories of how MM+ has failed on this one. It seems, at first glance, that it's causing more harm than good. And since all of the parks are mainly full, where is MM+ going to send you since all the rides have ludicrous wait times?
Proponent of failure I see. Is this just a Disney thing or progress in general?

Jwhee

Does anyone know why there are people waiting around WS? Lagoon side and inner side? Or are they just all sitting for no reason? Thanks

mousehockey37

Proponent of failure I see. Is this just a Disney thing or progress in general?

Well, the fact that the system is designed to send people to rides that are less full to help with crowd flow, and well, there's 3 of the 4 parks with insane wait times... It's going to be interesting to see how/what Disney does once they collect all their data and what, if any, changes they make going into next year's peak weeks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes people camp out for the NYE fireworks right from park opening. If you are not there to stand in 2 to 4 hour lines you may as well at least get a good view of the fireworks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, the fact that the system is designed to send people to rides that are less full to help with crowd flow, and well, there's 3 of the 4 parks with insane wait times... It's going to be interesting to see how/what Disney does once they collect all their data and what, if any, changes they make going into next year's peak weeks.
I really don't think it was built for these days in mind. Insane busy is not the norm. I'm sure it will direct people to attractions with lower waits.

JimboJones123

It used to be under $20 for us to get two burgers/fries and split a soda. Now it's minimum $25 for the same thing. Burger combos are $10 now. I realize it's not earth-shattering but it's definitely gone way up, really fast.
When they are $6.99 at Universal...

dhsaddict83

I'd be interested to read how long the post-midnight exit/commute to take (from countdown/ball drop end to the time you get back to your onsite/off-site room) at the MK/Epcot? vs. DHS/DAK? Assuming most will stay until after midnight, I'd expect it to be a zoo with everyone leaving the parks at the same time.
Would love to see some pics of the post-midnight exits/commutes.

mousehockey37

I really don't think it was built for these days in mind. Insane busy is not the norm. I'm sure it will direct people to attractions with lower waits.

I think it was built for these types of days, and if it wasn't, then Disney wasted a ton of $$$ on giving their guests huge headaches. Sure, I'll guess that instead of going on SM at over 3 hours wait that you're being directed to the HM at over an hour, less wait time... But did Disney ever configure the system to work with the phase closings?

You can't tell me that there aren't people in the fastpass lines that were scheduled to ride an hour or so ago...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom