News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

the_rich

Well they need it to be. I don’t think the audience is in to filing into theaters for Disney as they once were.

It needs to be very good…like GOTG3…or it’s not gonna cover budget and costs
Gotg3 being as good as it was is going to help it. In the same way that ant man being mediocre hurt gotgs opening but then wom and legs made up for it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gotg3 being as good as it was is going to help it. In the same way that ant man being mediocre hurt gotgs opening but then wom and legs made up for it.
The problem there is guardians is a top 5 MCU movie ever….and they’ve pounded out about 30 at this point. And the best one since? Black panther? Probably.

It’s the “exception”…not the rule. A lot to ask for another to come so soon.
The problem with declining product is you lose the “unconditional” customer that you had.

The streaming shows have been subpar as a whole too.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The problem there is guardians is a top 5 MCU movie ever….and they’ve pounded out about 30 at this point. And the best one since? Black panther? Probably.

The problem with declining product is you lose the “unconditional” customer that you had.

think of all the money they’ve spent on mediocre to just bad content over the last several years.

Luckily Bob is fixing it 👀

the_rich

I wouldn't put it top 5 but it's very close. As for the streaming shows loki, Ms marvel, moon knight and hawkeye were imo very good. Wandavision had a great premise but didn't stick the landing. The rest were ok and I enjoyed them.

LSLS

See, it might be to you. But I personally haven't seen it, cause the GotG movies are 2 of my absolute least favorite MCU movies (Black Panther is down there as well). I agree though the "unconditional" has dried up some. I still say the problem is that things aren't must watch now. I'd make a guess that MCU movies were probably up around 20% from what they would normally do just because they were in the vicinity of Infinity Wars/Endgame. I've watched a lot less of it, cause at this point I don't see the convergence. Miss GotG3? Does it really matter? It's been pushed as the end of them, so to me it's kind of like "Alright, so the characters I don't like are going away. So they aren't going to be important in future films anyways." Could be totally wrong, but that's how I read the previews.

Every couple years, they would bring the groups together, so you better make sure you were up with everything. Shang Chi came out what, 3 years ago? Has he been in any other thing (last I saw he said there had been no talks of future MCU appearances)? I mean, GotG were in Thor for like 5 minutes then gone, and the ending of Thor certainly didn't hint at any meetups. Everything is supposed to come together at the end of Phase 6, but I think that's too long. Especially with SO MUCH CONTENT that has come out the last 3.5 years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
See, it might be to you. But I personally haven't seen it, cause the GotG movies are 2 of my absolute least favorite MCU movies (Black Panther is down there as well). I agree though the "unconditional" has dried up some. I still say the problem is that things aren't must watch now. I'd make a guess that MCU movies were probably up around 20% from what they would normally do just because they were in the vicinity of Infinity Wars/Endgame. I've watched a lot less of it, cause at this point I don't see the convergence. Miss GotG3? Does it really matter? It's been pushed as the end of them, so to me it's kind of like "Alright, so the characters I don't like are going away. So they aren't going to be important in future films anyways." Could be totally wrong, but that's how I read the previews.

Every couple years, they would bring the groups together, so you better make sure you were up with everything. Shang Chi came out what, 3 years ago? Has he been in any other thing (last I saw he said there had been no talks of future MCU appearances)? I mean, GotG were in Thor for like 5 minutes then gone, and the ending of Thor certainly didn't hint at any meetups. Everything is supposed to come together at the end of Phase 6, but I think that's too long. Especially with SO MUCH CONTENT that has come out the last 3.5 years.
See…we agree on the point without agreeing on what our favorites are?

That’s a real discussion…the truth can still be the truth from different angles.

It’s something we don’t get on our threads enough. As evidenced on the train wreck mermaid ones. Which dispute math for zero benefit.

pdude81

…yeah…I messed that one up…

Didn’t see him taking out the diversity chief first…

Bet she is a hoot at parties 👍🏻
I don't think Josh is on the chopping block. I think he's on deck. Not that there aren't others on the bench that could get an at bat.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Why, precisely, would the failure of The Marvels make you chuckle? Ms Marvel was fantastic and Iman Vellani is the most charismatic actor the MCU has had since Robert Downey Jr. It may well underperform, but I'm not sure why that would bring any well adjusted person joy.

I'm not chuckling at The Marvels' failure— I'm chuckling at the notion that it'll get any where close to 200 million shy of the first film.

As for whether Iman is the most charismatic actor since RDJ, I think that's going a little far but I do like her.

And the culture war is "real" to the extent that it is having a real impact on many individuals and institutions. There has been a very significant shift in the nation's political rhetoric since about 2012. You're quite correct that, to fully understand what is happening, one needs to have a firm grasp on American history, but I suspect the lessons you and I draw from that history might be quite different.

I'll admit I was being a little semantic by saying the culture war isn't real per se. But I contend the term culture war specifically is misleading and sensationalized.

Last edited:

Cliff

We don’t need Disney to teach, they are an entertainment company. Therein lies the negative perception towards them for some people.

Also glad you’re not my stock broker. Regardless of individual beliefs, I wouldn’t buy stock because someone is “promoting the correct message in their products”…Bud Light and Target shareholders say hello
You dont want Disney to teach? LOL!

I dont either but there are MANY inside the company that DO want to use the brand to promote their personal political goals. Yes, it's all about activism and social engineering. Disney is a PERFECT device for social engineeting because it has a deep, pop culture following. It has been a deeply loved brand for 100 years...so if you inject it with the proper message, you can influence society with it in a powerful way.

As a social influence tool, Disney might be best weapon out there to push the messages you want sold. If used properly, Disney is a great psycholgical influencer!

On the stocks and investing side, I take it that you don't agree with what Blackrock and Vanguard's DEI and ESG investing strategy? They believe STRONGLY in social engineering and they support companies that sell DEI messaging properly. If you want their billions, you need to earn it with your implementation of Enviormental and Social Governance activism. The higher your score, the better you are.

I agree with you. However, I have reached the point now?..... I dont think I want to fight it any longer. I think I now DO want see Disney move deeper down the DEI rabbit hole. I think I want to know if Disney CAN thrive and prosper on this activisn or see if it winds up killing them!

I want to know the answer to the DEI/ESG question of today. Disney....I want you run as HARD as you can into identity politics. Double down on DEI and ESG with all of your might! I want Disney to be a social engineering labratory so we can REALLY see how this question answers itself.

"Get Woke, go broke"....is it all a stupid lie or is it true? Hell....I dont know! Nobody really does! The only way to know this answer is to DO it...hardcore...100% full speed ahead for the next 5-10 more years....and let's sit back and see what happens.

Disney will either be perfectly victorious...or...Woke will kill them. Either way....at least they will give us the best answer to the burning question and we will just live with whatever that result is.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think Josh is on the chopping block. I think he's on deck. Not that there aren't others on the bench that could get an at bat.
“Josh” is a nothing

“On deck” for what? Another hired to be fired like chapek.

The park numbers are Inbound DOWN. I’m sure they’ll try to say Disneyland is awesome and “Florida?…where’s that?”…but if they aren’t down…THEN they are committing illegal sec fraud. For the first time ever.

Take your medicine, Bobby…

But when that happens…you don’t think skinny jeans will be used as a human shield? Highly possible.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You dont want Disney to teach? LOL!

I dont either but there are MANY inside the company that DO want to use the brand to promote their personal political goals. Yes, it's all about activism and social engineering. Disney is a PERFECT device for social engineeting because it has a deep, pop culture following. It has been a deeply loved brand for 100 years...so if you inject it with the proper message, you can influence society with it in a powerful way.

As a social influence tool, Disney might be best weapon out there to push the messages you want sold. If used properly, Disney is a great psycholgical influencer!
Therein lies the problem.

Many would prefer Disney just entertain us and provide us with great products and offerings like they once did without forced things that can be controversial to some

Lilofan

“Josh” is a nothing

“On deck” for what? Another hired to be fired like chapek.

The park numbers are Inbound DOWN. I’m sure they’ll try to say Disneyland is awesome and “Florida?…where’s that?”…but if they aren’t down…THEN they are committing illegal sec fraud. For the first time ever.

Take your medicine, Bobby…

But when that happens…you don’t think skinny jeans will be used as a human shield? Highly possible.
Too many levels in the food chain. A former DLR President was promoted to be executive in charge of all worldwide parks reporting to Josh. Then she got laid off and her position eliminated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom