News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

SamusAranX

I agree. I thought "Elemental" was going to be a smash hit and get studio back on track but that movie seems to be another unlucky miss on the financials.

Im certain though that Indy 5 will be the movie that breaks the spell and resets the studios. Im also certain the new Marvels later this year will only add to the studios big turn around. Good times are right around the corner for Disney,...I'd bet my very life on it.
I wouldn't go to Vegas if I were you

lazyboy97o

I should have clarified, original imagineering. Yea, todays imagineers spend like drunken sailors. Lol
Even they actually spent a lot. Things have definitely become worse but things costing more goes all the way back to the very beginning for Disney. The first parks project to go over budget was Disneyland. High costs were part of the reason for ending the Alice Comedies and then why Oswald was lost. The “singles and doubles” of the mid-to-late 80s are probably the only Disney products that might really qualify as cost effective.

solidyne

I agree. I thought "Elemental" was going to be a smash hit and get studio back on track but that movie seems to be another unlucky miss on the financials.

Im certain though that Indy 5 will be the movie that breaks the spell and resets the studios. Im also certain the new Marvels later this year will only add to the studios big turn around. Good times are right around the corner for Disney,...I'd bet my very life on it.
There you go again! 🤣

bmr1591

The Marvels will only do well if the first weekend goes well. Marvel fans are hesitant post-Endgame after what we've been given. Most won't give The Marvels a second thought if early reviews from media and friends aren't good. I'd be worried about it being a success.

TalkingHead

Even they actually spent a lot. Things have definitely become worse but things costing more goes all the way back to the very beginning for Disney. The first parks project to go over budget was Disneyland. High costs were part of the reason for ending the Alice Comedies and then why Oswald was lost. The “singles and doubles” of the mid-to-late 80s are probably the only Disney products that might really qualify as cost effective.
Disney live action comedies starting in the late-50s Sh*ggy (hilarious that was being censored) Dog tended to be very low/mid budget. Love Bug’s a good example of small budget that made a killing for the studio in the 60s. But your point about the other aspects of the company holds up.

FettFan

Sarcastic Sheldon Cooper GIF by CBS

Lilofan

Adjusted for inflation, it’s the worst Pixar opening ever.

It’s among the biggest bombs of any Disney animated movie this century only above the likes of Strange World and Home on the Range.

It’s a complete disaster.
The flop Treasure Planet comes to mind.

pdude81

The Flash was predicted to do much better than it actually did, too. The proof is in the puddin' (aka dollars, or lack thereof).
Flash is a bit tricky as the star of the movie has had repeated violent outbursts in public and multiple restraining orders. So if you are have trouble reconciling a principled superhero who is more famous for being nuts than being in movies, you might not go see The Flash. If you are someone who believes conspiracy theories about Disney being too woke and trying to groom your children, the star of that movie also has had been charged in one case and a restraining order granted for another for inappropriate contact with children.

Elemental looked pretty great in the previews I saw, but I found myself surprised on Thursday to learn it was coming out the next day. I'm a bit surprised it is doing so poorly, given pretty good RT scores. But I truly didn't have any idea it was coming out... and if Indy 5 will be hitting the big screen two weeks later, that's where I'll put my $15.

Ayla

Flash is a bit tricky as the star of the movie has had repeated violent outbursts in public and multiple restraining orders. So if you are have trouble reconciling a principled superhero who is more famous for being nuts than being in movies, you might not go see The Flash. If you are someone who believes conspiracy theories about Disney being too woke and trying to groom your children, the star of that movie also has had been charged in one case and a restraining order granted for another for inappropriate contact with children.

Elemental looked pretty great in the previews I saw, but I found myself surprised on Thursday to learn it was coming out the next day. I'm a bit surprised it is doing so poorly, given pretty good RT scores. But I truly didn't have any idea it was coming out... and if Indy 5 will be hitting the big screen two weeks later, that's where I'll put my $15.
Predictions of opening weekend were made with all of Miller's issues (of which there are many) well known. It still bombed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom