News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

the_rich

The first captain marvel made 1.1 billion. Now it did have the advantage Infinity war and endgame sanwiching it. But I do not see a big fall off. It will flirt will 1 billion. Indy I was never a fan of. Judging by the trailer of wish and the opinion of a few people who have seen it, may be a frozen level hit.

the_rich

I think Wish has the potential to be a big hit, it just has to actually be good.

I think The Marvels has potential too but again it also has to be good. The Carol Danvers character is controversial but I think enough people like Ms Marvel & Monica Rambeau to show up for them. I think it'll have a smaller opening weekend but have good legs if the movie is actually quality.

People aren't going to show up for mediocre movies anymore. Atleast not as often.
Carol Danvers isn't really controversial. It's the same few man childs posting negative YouTubes and review bombing it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What they need to do is get away from buying their way out of a "problem". I know it's easier said than done, but you look at what lucasfilm did with budgets. Or what Disney imagineering did. If there was something they needed to accomplish, instead of just throwing money at it, the actually found a way to solve it to keep on budget.

So it's not about making lower quality films, but more about being smarter and more inventive about how you create them.
You’re talking A LONG time ago with those two

One built to quality - but efficiently…the other spent to where they needed too - no matter how much he grumbled - to get the right quality

Posterchildren for anything but that now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Carol Danvers isn't really controversial. It's the same few man childs posting negative YouTubes and review bombing it.
You mean the 5 guys who also sunk the Star Wars product? Not because it sucks?

…right…keep going with that one.

I actually like Brie Larsen…in this case…
No… she is… kinda like rey. Really conflicting character

I don’t think Larson is “compliant” enough for the traditional comic/action fan…which is why I think she works. Just my opinion

the_rich

Screenshot_20230619_145510_Chrome.jpg
anything over a 50 is desirable. So indy may be in better shape than I think. AND it's bodes very well for the marvels to be this high so far out.

the_rich

You mean the 5 guys who also sunk the Star Wars product? Not because it sucks?

…right…keep going with that one.

I actually like Brie Larsen…in this case…

I don’t think Larson is “compliant” enough for the traditional comic/action fan…which is why I think she works. Just my opinion
I'm not talking about star wars. I'm talking about captain marvel in particular. They tried to sink it because they didn't like brie larson. It obviously didn't work because it was well liked and made a ton of money.

the_rich

What is the scale on this?

If over 50 is desirable, isn't 54 just a bit better than "meh"?
It's on a scale of 0-100..50 is desirable. Tentpoles want to be at 60 or better once they're a week out or so. It's literally the percentage of people who want to see a film. And to be the movie with the second most interest while still being 5 months away bodes very well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not talking about star wars. I'm talking about captain marvel in particular. They tried to sink it because they didn't like brie larson. It obviously didn't work because it was well liked and made a ton of money.
I agree with you there…but I’m not sure it “didn’t work” yet.

It seem clear they brought in Larsen to sorta replace evans. And the backlash - I believe - has kinda thrown a wrench in that plan. They haven’t used her much. But I think there’s still a chance at that.

Now I’m not Irish…so I’ve given up up on this “avengers B team vs krang? Kang? Wang?” Stuff…nobody knows, cares…it’s a flop.

But the captain marvel character still has teeth.
Really liked that movie…one of my top 5 MCU movies.

Ayla

It's on a scale of 0-100..50 is desirable. Tentpoles want to be at 60 or better once they're a week out or so. It's literally the percentage of people who want to see a film. And to be the movie with the second most interest while still being 5 months away bodes very well.
I "want to see" a lot of films. You know how many I've seen in a theater in the last 4 years? Zero.

the_rich

Oh, I want to see them. There is a huge difference in saying you want to see something and the action of spending time and money to see it. Two totally different things.

Wanting to see it and actually doing it are not the same thing. 😂
And these are the numbers for people who say they are willing to pay at a theater so see it. Red is seeing it in theaters, green is willing to pay either in theater or home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619_160154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_160154_Chrome.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20230619_160347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_160347_Chrome.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 53

erasure fan1

There were plenty of people who said, I don't like Larson so therefore I don't like captain marvel. I'm sure there was some review bombing because of that. Marvel didn't do themselves any favors by hyping captain marvel as some important lead up to end game. I know a lot of people, myself included, who felt a bit mislead. I personally liked the movie. I thought Talos was great. I just can't pin down how the marvels will play out. 2 of the 3 main heroes are from D+ shows that many haven't seen. And there's no real, you need to see this before..... Movie comes out.

Cliff

I agree. I thought "Elemental" was going to be a smash hit and get studio back on track but that movie seems to be another unlucky miss on the financials.

Im certain though that Indy 5 will be the movie that breaks the spell and resets the studios. Im also certain the new Marvels later this year will only add to the studios big turn around. Good times are right around the corner for Disney,...I'd bet my very life on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom