News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

Indy_UK

I have a list of places (a short one) where Disney either officially sells stuff at a discount (character warehouse), or takes a lot of their lost and found stuff to. Only way I buy most merch I get now. Too expensive at retail prices in the parks, and even Springs...

Agreed, we have one of the personal shoppers get merch for us from the character warehouse every year on our WDW trips.

We were at Epcot for the 40th but didn’t buy any of the merch which I actually really liked. we are back in Orlando in 2 months where I’ve got an Epcot 40th Spirit Jersey, Throw Blanket, Corksical Flask, Long sleeve T-shirt and Magnet all waiting for me. Probably 60-70% less than Disney was trying to shift it all for a year ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Disney has had a rock solid message over the past few years. They need to stay the course! Yes,...there seems to maybe,...possibly be a slight cultural revolt against the Disney brand these days. But....if Disney can stay on course, I'm certain that will die off and burn itself out.

If there are a small number of disallusioned Disney customers out there....thats OK. They will forget and come back in a year after they forget what they were upset about.

Disney has good management in place. They just need the guts to press forward, weather the storm and be the "good citizens" of the world that they are trying to be. Disney....do NOT let this cultural negativity pressure you take your eye off the ball!!

Stay the course Disney...Blackrock and Vanguard will see you through this. And....they each know full well that there are things in this world that are more important than money and profit!
…I Have to say…you’re good 👍🏻

asianway

Agreed, we have one of the personal shoppers get merch for us from the character warehouse every year on our WDW trips.

We were at Epcot for the 40th but didn’t buy any of the merch which I actually really liked. we are back in Orlando in 2 months where I’ve got an Epcot 40th Spirit Jersey, Throw Blanket, Corksical Flask, Long sleeve T-shirt and Magnet all waiting for me. Probably 60-70% less than Disney was trying to shift it all for a year ago.
Epcot anniversary merchandise since the 25th is recycled trash

Lilofan

I have a list of places (a short one) where Disney either officially sells stuff at a discount (character warehouse), or takes a lot of their lost and found stuff to. Only way I buy most merch I get now. Too expensive at retail prices in the parks, and even Springs...
Back in the day at the Sanford flea market , some folks set up tables reselling Disney merch, good and not so good condition.

Cliff

…I Have to say…you’re good 👍🏻
star-wars-stay-on-target.gif

Blackrock and Vanguard's message to Disney.....

Last edited:

Comped

Back in the day at the Sanford flea market , some folks set up tables reselling Disney merch, good and not so good condition.
Lakeland gets their stuff from Disney, but it's all marked up price wise. Everyone at this point knows about the deals from the Character Warehouses, but relatively few know about the two (that I know of) stores outside of those in the Orlando area which Disney sends much of their lost and found to. It's how I get 80% of my pins now. The other 20% come from whatever I can find at Lakeland that's reasonable. Usually Cast Member exclusive pins - my weakness. The other store is great for international pins, from every report (including Tokyo). Heck, I was just today, and I spotted a 100th anniversary hoodie, alongside 2 50th ones, for around 60-75% of the price you'd pay in the parks/at DS. Didn't buy it, because I live here and would never wear it, but still kind of impressive.

I only occasionally make i over to the warehouses (Vineland is the better of the two IMO), but I do like trying to find stuff there, whatever they have at the time. Usually a load of cruise stuff that's normally exclusive ot particular voyages, and sometimes stuff from other resorts they can't sell. Like Shanghai pins not long after the resort opened, or 2020 DL CM-exclusive Christmas pins. Or any number of things... Really good place when it's not crowded.

GladToBeHear

I think Disney has had a rock solid message over the past few years. They need to stay the course! Yes,...there seems to maybe,...possibly be a slight cultural revolt against the Disney brand these days. But....if Disney can stay on course, I'm certain that will die off and burn itself out.

If there are a small number of disallusioned Disney customers out there....thats OK. They will forget and come back in a year after they forget what they were upset about.

Disney has good management in place. They just need the guts to press forward, weather the storm and be the "good citizens" of the world that they are trying to be. Disney....do NOT let this cultural negativity pressure you take your eye off the ball!!

Stay the course Disney...Blackrock and Vanguard will see you through this. And....they each know full well that there are things in this world that are more important than money and profit!
Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Lilofan

That's one aspect of an average person's attention span of 8 seconds. Goldfish fare much better than humans.

SpectreJordan

S1 caught the zeitgeist for about six months but doesn’t feel that way now. Oversaturated the market with SW content.
I felt like Season 2 was really big too. Grogu is still a pop culture phenomenon & the fact that people know what a Mandalorian is in general now is really impressive; that used to be an extremely niche word that only super hardcore Star Wars fans knew.

They absolutely dropped the ball with Season 3 though. Absolute mediocrity, which has increasingly become the norm with Disney over the past two years.

Indy_UK

I felt like Season 2 was really big too. Grogu is still a pop culture phenomenon & the fact that people know what a Mandalorian is in general now is really impressive; that used to be an extremely niche word that only super hardcore Star Wars fans knew.

They absolutely dropped the ball with Season 3 though. Absolute mediocrity, which has increasingly become the norm with Disney over the past two years.
Apparently Pascal isn’t on set to be the body of Mando anymore and he just does the voiceover now. Not sure how true that is

erasure fan1

While I didn't dislike season 3 like a lot of people seem to. I will say it felt like it had the same problem as Wakanda forever had. You could tell in Wakanda forever they tried to readjust the script, just without Chadwick, instead of starting from scratch. So it felt very disjointed. I got the same feeling in Mando. It felt Disjointed as well because it seems like they probably had planned more around Gina.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While I didn't dislike season 3 like a lot of people seem to. I will say it felt like it had the same problem as Wakanda forever had. You could tell in Wakanda forever they tried to readjust the script, just without Chadwick, instead of starting from scratch. So it felt very disjointed. I got the same feeling in Mando. It felt Disjointed as well because it seems like they probably had planned more around Gina.
I really like that filoni got to explore the mandalore backstory…but it felt rushed, and dumbed down

The “payoff” was the kinda regurgitated trash that Disney continues to believe they can give out and don’t understand why functioning humans won’t universally love them for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom