News Christine McCarthy to step down from her role as Chief Financial Officer

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All these YouTubers keep saying that Disney is "on the rocks" or that Disney is in "big trouble"...are just Disney haters.

First off...McCarthy stated she left for family/health reasons. Stop saying this is not true. Disney's finances are a bit down right now but still perfectly healthy. Yes,...the studios have had a bit of bad luck in the past couple of years but Elemental, Indiana Jones and The Marvels are likely to be big hits and get the studios back on track. Im certain they will be flying high again very soon. The slate of new movies for 2024 is incredible. The future Star Wars movies will also be gigantic studio drivers too....no matter what the haters say.

Yes, Disney Plus is a bit down right now but once Disney tweaks the business model, I'm certain they will come roaring back very shortly. Disney Plus WILL be a major profit center for Disney very soon....no matter what the haters say today. If there is one thing you can ALWAYS count on...its the parks!

The parks business is an unstopable force! Parks are always SUPERB financial performers and we can expect another summer and holliday season that will be enormously sucessful.

Yes...I hear the haters say that Universal Epic Universe will be massive and "eat Disney's lunch". Please!...nobody comes to Orlando to see Universal and does "not" go to Disney. Epic Universe will just bring more people to Orlando...to go to Disney!

Besides....if the rumors are true and Disney builds an "Encanto Land" at Magic Kingdom?..its all over for Universal...no mater what the haters say.

Buy Disney stock now...by next year, you will absolutely thank yourself! (No matter what the haters say)

The YouTube haters say Disney is in "trouble" and some Wall Street haters too....but these are just negative people that want to smear the company.
You need help carrying that bucket of dung for Bob?

ā€¦now get back on your meds and get to your shift working magic kingdom stroller rental!šŸ˜”

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Definitely feels like Iger is getting rid of anyone who supports cost-cutting at the expense of creatives. He really doesn't want to be compared to Zaslav.

The problem is what theyā€™re approvingā€¦at high costā€¦is incredibly non-creative

This is his vanity run amok. Very little he has done can be considered ā€œgreatā€ā€¦it was all just on an extended drunken wave of freewheeling money.

Now that the cash spigot is slowing and people are using their brains againā€¦his Disney doesnā€™t look that stellar. More like an elaborate waste of time in many cases.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could you repair this link? It may be nutty, but I'd like to see it. It doesn't turn up in a search.
https:///2023/06/childless-disney-adults-are-now-disneys-lifeline-zg1/

It should work šŸ¤”

Itā€™s inside the magic (foolery) around 6/13

Theyā€™re basically proposing that 30 year old man-babies without kids are gonna be hanging around all the time spending the millions theyā€™ll never earn propping up Disney parks as they have killed revenue model: which was always to sell souvenirs to gobs of families.

Good luck wit dat šŸ‘šŸ»

Tha Realest

It should work šŸ¤”

Theyā€™re basically proposing that 30 year old man-babies without kids are gonna be hanging around all the time spending the millions theyā€™ll never earn propping up Disney parks as they have killed revenue model: which was always to sell souvenirs to gobs of families.

A group is that is totally not fickle and completely brand loyal.

Not that they care, but since so much of their business model is based on recapturing families that have fond memories of past visitsā€¦what happens in the next 3-5 years when those valued customers move on to something else?

Cliff

Maybe if more executives leave and are replaced by competent ones. But for now, no way. Disney has been in decline.
I think Disney has had a rock solid message over the past few years. They need to stay the course! Yes,...there seems to maybe,...possibly be a slight cultural revolt against the Disney brand these days. But....if Disney can stay on course, I'm certain that will die off and burn itself out.

If there are a small number of disallusioned Disney customers out there....thats OK. They will forget and come back in a year after they forget what they were upset about.

Disney has good management in place. They just need the guts to press forward, weather the storm and be the "good citizens" of the world that they are trying to be. Disney....do NOT let this cultural negativity pressure you take your eye off the ball!!

Stay the course Disney...Blackrock and Vanguard will see you through this. And....they each know full well that there are things in this world that are more important than money and profit!

asianway

It should work šŸ¤”

Look at the merch 25 years ago compared to now. Even the man babies arenā€™t buying it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Look at the merch 25 years ago compared to now. Even the man babies arenā€™t buying it
Granted a lot of that is a shift to online shopping

Some is airlines -frankly - trying whack yoi with fees into oblivion

But most are they gutted/consolidated most of what they sell due to refusal to sell Anything below the maximum margins

Comped

But most are they gutted/consolidated most of what they sell due to refusal to sell Anything below the maximum margins
I have a list of places (a short one) where Disney either officially sells stuff at a discount (character warehouse), or takes a lot of their lost and found stuff to. Only way I buy most merch I get now. Too expensive at retail prices in the parks, and even Springs...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom