Chef Mickey or The Crystal Palace

WDWFreaksloan

Original Poster
Been to Disney World more times than I can remember. Last character dining experience I remember was @ Disneyland in the early 80's. I only remember a little person dressed up like Oscar Meyer.

Just booked another WDW vacation, think I am going to take my kids 7 & 6 to a Character breakfast just wondering which one is better. Chef Mickey or The Crystal Palace.

Thanks for any advice that can be offered.

Tomi-Rocket

We've done both. We've actually eaten at Chef Mickey's twice. Food wise, there isn't much of a difference. The biggest difference is in location, characters and atmosphere. If you want to be in a park then CP is for you. If you want Mickey, Donald, Pluto, then CM. If you want Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, then CP. CM has a modern feel to it, while CP is a lovely place. It's all a toss up to what you prefer. We enjoyed both places immensely. :slurp:

P-3 FE

Chef Mickeys

We have only eaten breakfast once at Chef Mickeys with me, DW, and DD. We had a blast and enjoyed it totally. Food was better than expected and the character interaction was great-highly recommend it to you and your family!:ROFLOL:

zurgandfriend

We had eaten at both

As Tomi Rocket said it depends on the characters you want, but also which atmosphere you wish.

Chef Mickey's the Grand canyon Concourse and the Monorail going through.

Crystal Palace walking up main street USA alone.

ccw7759

I too recommend Chef Mickey's! The character interaction is awesome... Mickey, Minnie, Donald,
and Pluto (I may have left someone out!?) come to each table and stay as long as necessary to greet each person, sign autographs and take whatever pictures you want... it made the "Disney" experience so
real... Mickey Mouse right at your table!! Not to be missed! Just realized my avatar is from CM's!!

Disneykidder

I have been to Chef Mickey's more times than I can count...however, I have never been there for breakfast. We love CM. The atmosphere is great, food is grrrreat, staff is friendly, characters circulate very well and it is fun.

We have been to Crystal Palace once and it was for breakfast. The food was verrrry good and the place is so pretty. We had a window table that looked outside with a glimpse of the castle. The characters are adorable but it did take them a while to get around to us.

Keep in mind that CM is Mickey and friends and CP is Pooh and friends.

PixyDust

I've had breakfast at both several times. Even though both are really "active" it just seems like the Crystal Palace is more cramped. It may totally be my perception, but it seems like there's more space at CMs.

Its also the easiest place to get to see Mickey.

PixyDust

I too recommend Chef Mickey's! The character interaction is awesome... Mickey, Minnie, Donald,
and Pluto (I may have left someone out!?) come to each table and stay as long as necessary to greet each person, sign autographs and take whatever pictures you want... it made the "Disney" experience so
real... Mickey Mouse right at your table!! Not to be missed! Just realized my avatar is from CM's!!

GOOFY!!! How could you forget the goof? =)

NewfieFan

Well depending on what characters you want to see and whether you want to be in the MK park or not... that could make the decision for you.

I however, like the atmosphere a bit better in CP! The place is bright and to me has an open feel about it. I've also had better character interaction at CP (not to say I've had bad at CM but CP has been better). I've never found the characters to be rushed at CP but at CM sometimes they're just hopping from table to table. I've also had better service at the CP (the servers at CM just seemed like they were on autopilot... almost like robots).

French Quarter

I know you didn't ask but can I recommend 1900 Park Fare's Supercalifragilistic Breakfast? I guess it really depends on which characters your kids are hoping to meet but 1900 had a great variety. And the face characters were really interactive. Not only that but the menu was a little different and looks much more appealing. The Grand Floridian is just beautiful as is the space where the restaurant is. You feel very posh eating your scrambled eggs!

For the record, out of the two you listed, I'd go with Crystal Palace.

ThinkTink721

I prefer Chef Mickey's, but I enjoy the view at The Crystal Palace when you can get a table by a window that faces the castle. The food at both is very similar. :wave:

luvlifeinfl

Chef Mickey's you get a souveinor Picture, which you have to pay 30.00 bucks for, They dont have that at the Cyrstal Palace. We have eatten at both locations and they are both Buffet. They are both fun and have interactive time with Characters and also little events, Cyrstal Palace they have a little parade with patrons get to join in and march around the resturant with the Characters, Checfy Mickey's you swing your napkin around above you head.

NYwdwfan

Just be aware that at Chef Mickeys there can be birds flying around - they get in from the monorail openings. I was quite aware of them (they actually swooped down and grabbed food off the table next to us when the people got up for seconds) and found them bothersome. Some people don't mind - but figured I'd pass it along.

MT Disney Fan

We've done both. We've actually eaten at Chef Mickey's twice. Food wise, there isn't much of a difference. The biggest difference is in location, characters and atmosphere. If you want to be in a park then CP is for you. If you want Mickey, Donald, Pluto, then CM. If you want Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, then CP. CM has a modern feel to it, while CP is a lovely place. It's all a toss up to what you prefer. We enjoyed both places immensely. :slurp:

iagree1.gif

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Crystal Palace- the earlier the better. You'll not only enjoy walking down Main Street when it's practically deserted, but being able to walk out of breakfast and enjoy MK is a terrific feeling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom