Cheesy Cookies?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Yup, generic choco-chip recipe with cheese chunks replacing the choco-chips. So, imagine a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate, but with cheddar. Of course, the cheddar bits would never stay as perfectly formed chips inside the oven. They would probably melt into the dough itself, making the cookie a uniform sugary/cheesy delight. Because of this fact, and because I don't think sugary dough can withstand a savory addition, I would be hesitant to try this recipe. Then again, why not?

Perhaps small chunks of Parmigiano-Reggiano (the undisputed king of cheeses), with a light dusting of shaved Gruyère on top.

BEN! I've never seen this side of you! :eek:

Love it. :D

Phonedave

lasagna, baked ziti, ravioli, manicotti ....:slurp:

Out of the tub with a spoon.

And hey, it's low carb.

Back to the cookies now. I have allways liked cheddar and apples together (and not just the pie thing)

I wonder, take out some of the brown suger, cut back a bit on the some of the wet ingredients, add some applesauce along with the cheddar.

Less sweet, but now it has that apple sweetness to it, along with the cheddar all through it. Removing some sugar and adding applesauce also helps in the fiber and nutrition department. As much as one can help when making cookies with cheese in them.

I may have to play around with a batch or two when i get some time.

-dave

SirNim

BEN! I've never seen this side of you! :eek:

Love it. :D
Oh, I am quite the chowhound! :D And chef. Kind of.

Speaking of Disney recipes, I was finally able to track down unsalted Plugra butter from the local Trader Joes and used it to create, with the aforementioned Parmigiano-Reggiano (the undisputed king of cheeses), the definitive, no-cream, authentic Fettucine Alfredo a la Epcot circa 1982-2007. That made my January!

disneyliv85

Out of the tub with a spoon.

And hey, it's low carb.

Back to the cookies now. I have allways liked cheddar and apples together (and not just the pie thing)

I wonder, take out some of the brown suger, cut back a bit on the some of the wet ingredients, add some applesauce along with the cheddar.

Less sweet, but now it has that apple sweetness to it, along with the cheddar all through it. Removing some sugar and adding applesauce also helps in the fiber and nutrition department. As much as one can help when making cookies with cheese in them.

I may have to play around with a batch or two when i get some time.

-dave

Ahh you stole my idea! lol it makes sense to add the applesauce because many people to like cheese and apples together. Or even grapes and cheese! Have some wine instead of milk with your cookies :slurp:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender

Speaking of Disney recipes, I was finally able to track down unsalted Plugra butter from the local Trader Joes and used it to create, with the aforementioned Parmigiano-Reggiano (the undisputed king of cheeses), the definitive, no-cream, authentic Fettucine Alfredo a la Epcot circa 1982-2007. That made my January!
Your affinity for cooking/food is amazing! Whodathunkit? :D :sohappy:

By the way, do you still have those recipes? Mad would probably love to add those to our WDWMagic Recipe archive. Not to mention, I'd kill to make some of that original EPCOT Center fettucine alfredo... :slurp:

yankspy

You should try baking with it. Cookies come out nice.:slurp: I make alfredo with both. I use a touch of cream just just to thin it out a tad.

tigsmom

Your affinity for cooking/food is amazing! Whodathunkit? :D :sohappy:

By the way, do you still have those recipes? Mad would probably love to add those to our WDWMagic Recipe archive. Not to mention, I'd kill to make some of that original EPCOT Center fettucine alfredo... :slurp:

We have the recipe along with a review/discussion in our Recipe thread.
Locally, I can buy the Plugra butter in ShopRite ; it's very popular in my area. I've never used it, but I may have to give it a try.

Phonedave

We have the recipe along with a review/discussion in our Recipe thread.
Locally, I can buy the Plugra butter in ShopRite ; it's very popular in my area. I've never used it, but I may have to give it a try.

Shoprite does carry a decent variety of "special" items around us.

Plugra tends to vary I find. Maybe sinces it's a "less refined" product it depends on what the cows are being fed when it's produced.

The availability of good food is one of the perks of living in this area that offsets the insane cost of living.

Soon summer will be here, and I will be picking tomatoes and basil from my garden, and then on the way home stopping at the store that flys fresh buffalo mozzerella in from Italy. The acid and residual heat from the sun in the tomatoes is enough to "melt" the super soft cheese. Food & Wine, eat your heart out :D

-dave

scheat

Original Poster
Ok guys, I told you I'd come back and report after making Minnie's recipe. I'm happy to say I'm eating a cookie right now baked exactly to Minnie's recipe(except used 10 ozs shredded mild cheddar instead of "semi sharp cheddar cheese chips") and they are VERY GOOD!

I'm sure WDI knew some geek idiot like myself would try this recipe so they had to put something together that would taste ok. To be honest, to me, the cheese is not that noticeable unless you count a slightly saltier taste to some bites.

I might just have to experiment a little and add extra cheese to give it that really cheesy taste and make it gooey like pizza-that will seperate the men from the boys.

So go ahead and try it if you want-makes for just another magical day!

disneypearl

Ok guys, I told you I'd come back and report after making Minnie's recipe. I'm happy to say I'm eating a cookie right now baked exactly to Minnie's recipe(except used 10 ozs shredded mild cheddar instead of "semi sharp cheddar cheese chips") and they are VERY GOOD!

I'm sure WDI knew some geek idiot like myself would try this recipe so they had to put something together that would taste ok. To be honest, to me, the cheese is not that noticeable unless you count a slightly saltier taste to some bites.

I might just have to experiment a little and add extra cheese to give it that really cheesy taste and make it gooey like pizza-that will seperate the men from the boys.

So go ahead and try it if you want-makes for just another magical day!

Thanks for letting us know the result of the recipie. It really does sound like it might be good. Although, I would probably find anything good that will remind me of the magic of WDW. I will have to try to make them myself soon.

Jasonflz

Nothing like a chili dog:animwink: and yummy cheese cookies to remind one of WDW. This actually sounds like a good idea and I am glad to see that someone has tried it. Mozarella might taste even better though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom