Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This thread started as a commentary on wait times. A poster is continually posing screenshots of low wait times as proof of low attendance. You're now suggesting those wait times are made up and should be ignored? Interesting.

Disney has said attendance is down, but they haven't said by what percentage exactly (and strangely no one cared to ask). If it's only down 1% is that a tragedy?
ok... I know this will be complex for you but let's give this a shot:

Wait times are inflated
More rides go down now than in the past, which should increase those already inflated wait times
average wait times are down

continual increases in pricing, less offerings, and added complexity in the day-to-day experience with less people coming and/or wanting to come back is not good nor how to run a theme park

Dranth

Food quality is subjective but I've found better quick service options more recently vs 10 years ago.
Table service, which is most of our meals, costs more with less choices and tastes like they are using cheaper ingredients. It isn't terrible or anything, but it certainly isn't as good as it was in the past.

I will give them credit for making some strides in quick service but that came after a pretty long stretch of decline.

On merch, not a fan making every gift shop the same, but there is variety it's just ever shop is filled with it. I think they are changed that trend though.
Every shop having the same selection is not what I would consider variety. Let me put it this way. There was a time when we would stop at every retail location in the Magic Kingdom. Now we only look at a few as there is no need to look any further.

Credit where it is due, I have seen some improvement and on the resort side in particular there has been some movement but just like quick service, they let it get much worse before they reacted.

Bottom line, I blame both Bobs for these problems. Bob one for letting Bob two cheapen the food and homogenize the merch and Bob two for pushing those philosophies to drive margins at the expense of the guest to the point where they can't fix these issues quickly.

Right now, we have to hope the slow march to recovery in the areas that are improving continues and isn't derailed by the first economic hiccup to hit the system. Meanwhile things like maintenance and table service just seem to remain where they are at best.

JD80

Table service, which is most of our meals, costs more with less choices and tastes like they are using cheaper ingredients. It isn't terrible or anything, but it certainly isn't as good as it was in the past.

I will give them credit for making some strides in quick service but that came after a pretty long stretch of decline.

Every shop having the same selection is not what I would consider variety. Let me put it this way. There was a time when we would stop at every retail location in the Magic Kingdom. Now we only look at a few as there is no need to look any further.

Credit where it is due, I have seen some improvement and on the resort side in particular there has been some movement but just like quick service, they let it get much worse before they reacted.

Bottom line, I blame both Bobs for these problems. Bob one for letting Bob two cheapen the food and homogenize the merch and Bob two for pushing those philosophies to drive margins at the expense of the guest to the point where they can't fix these issues quickly.

Right now, we have to hope the slow march to recovery in the areas that are improving continues and isn't derailed by the first economic hiccup to hit the system. Meanwhile things like maintenance and table service just seem to remain where they are at best.
Fair comments. I blame these prefixe menus being a huge problem. I avoid the restaurants with those for the most part.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah Bingo. Wall Street doesn't care about the parks or understand them. Neither do some of you here either for that matter
Wall Street cares about the parks if they can tout a number from them every 3 months

If that turns south…there will be blood
They will demand slash and burn

el_super

Again they aren't going out of business but low crowds and empty rooms is not a good thing. Especially when you consider that travel is still booming.

Disney has said that they wanted fewer people in their parks, and that fewer people generate more revenue. Crowds are bad. It's a basic fact of theme park operation you have to understand in order to know how theme parks work.

There is a market for a premium experience with fewer people. You've probably been sleeping on this fact since the first private parties started selling out at over $100 a pop. They found a way to make a private party capped at 5,000 people profitable, so why not extend that to the parks in general? They know what they are doing.

Jrb1979

Disney has said that they wanted fewer people in their parks, and that fewer people generate more revenue. Crowds are bad. It's a basic fact of theme park operation you have to understand in order to know how theme parks work.

There is a market for a premium experience with fewer people. You've probably been sleeping on this fact since the first private parties started selling out at over $100 a pop. They found a way to make a private party capped at 5,000 people profitable, so why not extend that to the parks in general? They know what they are doing.
Theme parks are not a premium luxury vacation.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

where's the premium experience? They've taken more away over the last several years than added to make it premium

cupcakes?

Jrb1979

Your false feedback again, we continue to go and enjoy ourselves at WDW.
My post has nothing to do with that. My point is the average Disney guest is the same guest who visits a Cedar Point or Kings Island. With the prices they are pushing those people out. The problem is those guests who stay at the luxury hotels aren't enough to make up for those who are pushed out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom