Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

el_super

Theme parks are not a premium luxury vacation.

True, it's not an all inclusive resort in the Maldives. No one is saying it is.

Premium in this case just means BETTER. People pay more for the private parties because there is more entertainment, more food options, and low (way lower) crowds. It's a premium experience.

There is absolutely a market for that.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
True, it's not an all inclusive resort in the Maldives. No one is saying it is.

Premium in this case just means BETTER. People pay more for the private parties because there is more entertainment, more food options, and low (way lower) crowds. It's a premium experience.

There is absolutely a market for that.
people might also pay for that "premium" experience during the day every day if they wouldn't cut entertainment, park hours, and would expand the parks so the crowds are spread out and feel the same as lower crowds in the existing capacity

that messes things up though, because if they can keep it just bad enough, they can close the parks early and double sell them

same thing with expanding too much with new attractions... if people don't need LL as much because of more options and less people in lines, they won't pay for it.

Last edited:

Lilofan

But they’re setting travel records in/out of MCO…
Travel is heavy in and out of MCO. Rentals for vehicles is in high demand also. We make 4-5 online reservations for a car rental prior to flying. When we get to the rental counters at 1st floor look for the shortest line of guests and that's the car we will rent. The cars are a 30 sec walk in the adjacent parking garage.

Jrb1979

Travel is heavy in and out of MCO. Rentals for vehicles is in high demand also. We make 4-5 online reservations for a car rental prior to flying. When we get to the rental counters at 1st floor look for the shortest line of guests and that's the car we will rent. The cars are a 30 sec walk in the adjacent parking garage.
Travel being heavy in and out of MCO and Disney having low crowds should have red flags everywhere.

There was a time that heavy travel to MCO meant Disney was doing big business. The fact many are flying in Orlando and not visiting the parks is not good.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
IMG_6655.jpeg

2:30 PM update July 3rd.

I’ll be in the parks July 5th, going to start at animal kingdom then Epcot. Let me know if you guys want me to report on any areas crowd wise to see what it’s like on the ground!

Grimley1968

View attachment 796470

I’ll be in the parks July 5th, going to start at animal kingdom then Epcot. Let me know if you guys want me to report on any areas crowd wise to see what it’s like on the ground!
Pics of areas that are usually bottlenecks help. One that stands out in memory in EPCOT is the area around the Mexico pavilion. AK doesn't have any that bad, from what I can remember.

Grimley1968

View attachment 796470

Just remembered that in AK, the area between Everest and the Yak and Yeti restaurant is often a little crazy, because of the multiple directions of foot traffic convening in that area. Not as bad as some places in EPCOT and MK, but for AK it's a little hectic there.

bmr1591

View attachment 796470

In all fairness (and I'm not saying things aren't slower this week), a lot of locals are going to EPCOT tomorrow because of the fireworks only being on the 4th. I'm sure there are many visiting guests that want to do the same.

el_super

But they’re setting travel records in/out of MCO…

People have reported all the parks are slower in Orlando so where are they all going?

Even if you don't want to believe the other parks are slower, they certainly haven't seen massive increases in line with Disney shedding customers, so where are they going?

My geography might be off, but just in case Orlando moved, MCO is still the biggest/cheapest airport within proximity to Port Canaveral right? How is the cruise line business doing?

el_super

people might also pay for that "premium" experience during the day every day if they wouldn't cut entertainment, park hours, and would expand the parks so the crowds are spread out and feel the same as lower crowds in the existing capacity

Sure! I agree. So a party is what, $120 for 5 hours? So a regular day at Magic Kingdom with all the same trappings (entertainment, food, capacity) of a private party should be selling for about $288 right? $288 for one day. What's it currently at now?

And that's why I keep saying the parks are underpriced.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Sure! I agree. So a party is what, $120 for 5 hours? So a regular day at Magic Kingdom with all the same trappings (entertainment, food, capacity) of a private party should be selling for about $288 right? $288 for one day. What's it currently at now?

And that's why I keep saying the parks are underpriced.
I'm sure everyone on here feels like it's such a bargain at today's pricing, G+ costs, and hopes they double in price soon 🤦‍♂️

Tha Realest

People have reported all the parks are slower in Orlando so where are they all going?

Other parks. Other non-WDW or UO destinations
Even if you don't want to believe the other parks are slower, they certainly haven't seen massive increases in line with Disney shedding customers, so where are they going?

Elsewhere in Florida, presumably unbothered by both the meteorological and political climates (frequent excuses for drops in attendance).
My geography might be off, but just in case Orlando moved, MCO is still the biggest/cheapest airport within proximity to Port Canaveral right? How is the cruise line business doing?
It’s doing well! Canaveral has half the volume of Miami & Ft Lauderdale

el_super

Other parks. Other non-WDW or UO destinations

Which ones? Which ones have seen a giant increase in crowds and wait times? We should be able to look that up pretty easily.

It’s doing well! Canaveral has half the volume of Miami & Ft Lauderdale

I know Disney's cruise business has been doing quite well, despite all the supposed mismanagement.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
If you know rentals are in high demand, why would you do that?

Sounds to me like you might also have been the type of guest that used to double, triple, even quadruple stack ADR's too?
One at each park in your name? One at each park in your S/O's? Then figure out day of where you are and what you actually want to eat.

Lilofan

I wasn’t talking about park CMs working cruise CM shifts…I was talking about care for and attention to the guest experience
Care and attention to guest exp, light years ahead of parks and resorts is the DCL cast. If parks and resorts cast can even have 1/2 of the qualities of DCL cast , perhaps more guests would see guest service improving in P&R. .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom