Characters lips moving on stage - video

fizzle75

Way to go Disney,that is amazing!!! :sohappy: I can't wait to see it in person,we missed it when we were there in December,was this technology being used then?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We saw this show on Tuesday and they were not using the technology. It is my understanding that they started this past Thursday.

Amazing!!!

goofyfan13

That is pretty incredible. I wonder though if the performers still see out of the mouth or if there is a different spot for them to look out through, now that the mouth moves and all?

SewIn2Disney

I just saw the show two days ago.....I had to take a video too! Its way too cool! It seems like something that's been there forever, It just seems natural. The one problem is if you are taking pictures and happen to get one of the characters mid blink---it looks kind of weird. I'll post a pic later if i get the chance.

TimeTrip

I agree, that's what is next. But I think that how is still the question. Will they use a voice changer of some sort? I think they will go to these new type of heads along with some pre-programed phrases until the technology is good enough to use a voice changer so they can say whatever they need.

Then casting the right person becomes even more of an issue, because they need to know what to say, when to say it, and how to react to all situations...

ToTBellHop

I must admit, this is extremely well-done. Great job, WDI! I can imagine having the technology eventually to have all of the masked-characters talk with guests in the park eventually. Imagine how the 5-year olds will respond to Mickey actually talking with them! There's some Disney Magic.

AlishaMisha

I think that this was very well done...but am I the only person here who doesn't want it to go to Meet and Greets? I personally admire greatly what charcters do and I am always impressed on how animated they have to be to communicate without words. This is a huge reason why I want to be a charcter but now im not so sure...to me these changes would make it so that way they would just be robots rather than amazing characters spreading the magic and making each encounter personal and unique in its own way.

I donno. Maybe I just don't like change. I love the idea of this technoligy in the shows but when it comes to character dinners and meet and greets... dont count on my vote.

:king: ~Leash

2excitedkids

does anyone know the show times for this show? or do i need to wait until i get there in two weeks to look at the guide? i was just wondering on how many times a day this show plays.

thanks!

shmmrname

I've never even noticed it before, but it certainly does make a difference. It's a little thing really, but it's those touches/additions that really make WDW stick out in my mind.

joanna71985

does anyone know the show times for this show? or do i need to wait until i get there in two weeks to look at the guide? i was just wondering on how many times a day this show plays.

thanks!

Well the show normally runs at 9:40, 10:40, 11:40, 4:35, 5:35, and 6:35. But there is no way to know if the new technology will be used.

goofntink

AH HAH, I had reported a couple of months back that we had seen them testing out these character heads at night after park closing when we were working on Monsters Inc. Guess they were working out the bugs or something before they starting incorporating them into shows.Glad I wasn't imagining things

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom