Characters in Flight opens Spring 2009 (with pics!)

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Screamscape reports that the new Characters in Flight hot air balloon attraction is finally under construction at Downtown Disney and opens in Spring of 2009--they post a couple pictures of the construction along with a sign from Disney with concept art and announcing the date--pretty cool! http://screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm
db_2008_1211_Balloon11.jpg

db_2008_1211_Balloon21.jpg

db_2008_1211_Balloon31.jpg

Coaster3001

This seems like a great idea to build. Not!!!!!!! Just another lame attraction at what is quickly becoming what was the Happiest Place on Earth.:snore:

disney4life2008

Actually, I think it will be very profitable for Disney. I have always wanted to do the Kissimmee balloon ride but question their safety. At least with Disney, we can assume it will be a top of the line attraction. Cost is another factor.. any guesses? Area balloon rides are in the range of $150. I doubt Disney would be that much - depending on how far the balloon goes or if it is just going to be a go up in the air balloon for an aerial view of the property. Hey I would do it at least once.

tirian

I haven't been to the West Side since they started construction, but this is exactly how I imagined it would look. :rolleyes:

krankenstein

Actually, I think it will be very profitable for Disney. I have always wanted to do the Kissimmee balloon ride but question their safety. At least with Disney, we can assume it will be a top of the line attraction. Cost is another factor.. any guesses? Area balloon rides are in the range of $150. I doubt Disney would be that much - depending on how far the balloon goes or if it is just going to be a go up in the air balloon for an aerial view of the property. Hey I would do it at least once.

This is a tethered balloon. It will not be like the balloons you are referring to at all. Basically, the thing will go up to some height stay in that same spot for a few minutes and than return to the platform. The end.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I don't honestly have a problem with this. Does anyone expect imaginative, heavily themed rides at DTD? I don't. This is just a cool idea to me and I think the view of the entire property will be amazing. If I had to hazard a guess, $20/person. And yes, Screamscape appears to be down...again...

MKCP 1985

I know some will disagree, but I'd much rather go up in a balloon for a view from above and try to spot the Disney landmarks than to have, say for example, a bungee tower out there.

It will be a nice addition. The balloon will be an instantly recognizable addition to the landscape, and those who wish to pay for the experience can do so while the rest can enjoy the area's other offerings.

I'll try it, and will pay for all my family to go. I can't say the same thing about a bungee jumping platform.

I don't really see the basis for criticism. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom