Character Mishaps

Piebald

Original Poster
Someone once posted that they saw Pooh faint in UK over at Epcot. Maybe it was another board, but I read it somewhere. I was wondering if anyone has encountered such a thing? Not neseccarily fainting but something that should not have happened on stage. My question is kind of vague but maybe if some people reply I can elaborate I guess?

Disneyfalcon

Not fainting but once somehow Terk's foot came off during the meet and greets at EPCOT. Like three handlers picked him up and rushed him to the bus. They said Terk had a footache or something like that. It was rather funny!

Piebald

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
Not fainting but once somehow Terk's foot came off during the meet and greets at EPCOT. Like three handlers picked him up and rushed him to the bus. They said Terk had a footache or something like that. It was rather funny!

Ok, thats what I meant to ask about lol. I remember once something so horrible that thank God there werent a lot of kids around. I don't know if I can say it since I must "preserve the magic" but once a mom had a frightened child in her arms screaming because she was scared of the character (I forgot which one at the moment ) and the mom "shook" the characters hand and well lets just say something was exposed so she could tell her kid "it's not real". I was in shock that someone would do this but the character shook their hand as if saying "that's a no no" ... lol. I hope someone understood that jumble of words, I was trying not to blatantly say it.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
I think...

Really I do.

I think if Celebrities were shrewd they'd get 'handlers' as well, you know, direct them through crowds etc....hold the public off.

I've seen some pretty rude cast members make their way through crowds with characters...no matter what the cast member does, or how bold they are, the character comes off as being just nice.

I once had to 'body guard' at a fundraising function with Tom Selleck...oh we rushed everyone through that meet and greet, and could afford to be , well 'aggressive' even with the govenor (different state! lol).

Handlers are so important to the character experience I think. Lifesavers at times I imagine.

Disneyfalcon

Um sorry...:lookaroun I thought my example was funny because no one was hurt, and the handlers did such a good job of not spoiling the magic!:sohappy:

Sgt Tibs

oh come ON, some of them ARE funny. Not if someone gets hurt, of course, but you know CM's laugh about their own mishaps...

civileng68

Account Suspended
what

Originally posted by marni1971
Maybe in light of what recently happened in the MK we should start this thread again in the future.

What? You wanna tell me that Tiggers aren't entitled to like like the rest of us?

It's a joke.

civileng68

Account Suspended

Originally posted by marni1971
Its not a joke when someone DIES from a mishap.

I think from reading your post again you were talking about the person who died, whereas I was speaking of the Tigger who went booby hunting! :D

Sgt Tibs

No one was referring to that mishap. Everyone understands its different if someone is hurt or worse.

The Terk incident was more of a "wardrobe malfunction." Oh WAIT, we cant joke about those either. My bad. :)

civileng68

Account Suspended

Originally posted by Sgt Tibs
No one was referring to that mishap. Everyone understands its different if someone is hurt or worse.

The Terk incident was more of a "wardrobe malfunction." Oh WAIT, we cant joke about those either. My bad. :)

T R U E

sissa216

lol mistakes happen. No offense or disrespect to the man that died, but I do think its a little amusing when something out of the ordinary happens, and seeing how the CMs react to fix things. Especially with Disney-where everything is supposed to run perfect and smoothly--I'm not laughing at the fact that something went wrong, just the irony and potential awkardness. And the rarity.

Piebald

Original Poster
I didn't mean to take this thread into the wrong direction, whoever said "wardrobe malfunction" said it best. You know, kind of like a Janet Jackson ordeal. I didn't mean like a mishap where someone gets hurt or anything. Sorry Guys!

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Atta83
Wardrobe malfunctions are not funny..... they can be seriuos...

I'll never forget the day a pair of floppy pants and a size 14 shoe just snapped and killed 17 people at the circus. I can still hear the screaming...

MouseMadness

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
I'll never forget the day a pair of floppy pants and a size 14 shoe just snapped and killed 17 people at the circus. I can still hear the screaming...

Oh you! *shakes a finger in your direction*

:lol:

Ahhh, leave it to the hypersensitive to turn an innocent thread the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom