Character meals for a 5 year old boy

too far

I am trying to help a friend who is going to Disney for the first time in December. She has two daughters and will be taking them to breakfast at Cinderella's castle. She also has a 5 year old boy and needs some ideas for a character meal for him or something special for him. Any ideas?

rsoxguy

If he likes Winnie the Pooh characters then the Crystal Palace would be great. They do a little parade around the restaurant with the kids in tow, and they visit every table often.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

If he likes Winnie the Pooh characters then the Crystal Palace would be great. They do a little parade around the restaurant with the kids in tow, and they visit every table often.

Yeah, Crystal Palace would probably be good for your little boy with the Winnie the Pooh characters. Cape May is also good character wise, but maybe not food wise for a 5 year old.

If you have the 2009 WDW Birnbaum's Guide, check out pages 250-253...there's a few pages of charts showing the restaurant, characters, food, prices, etc.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Yeah, Crystal Palace would probably be good for your little boy with the Winnie the Pooh characters. Cape May is also good character wise, but maybe not food wise for a 5 year old.

Cape May for BREAKFAST is great for a young boy. You could also try Donald's Breakfastasaurus at Tusker House in AK, and of couse Chef Mickey's.

Upvote 0

KristieLC

My almost 5 year old son loved Ohana with Lilo and Stitch (and Mickey and Pluto). He also loved the Garden Grill with Chip and Dale as well as Mickey and Pluto again. We went in Dec and just yesterday he asked if we "could go back to the restaurant that the floor moved so he could make a cupcake and see chip again"

Upvote 0

erstwo

My 5 year old son has been to the following character meals (while he was 5) and loved them:
O'hana - Stitch, Lilo, Mickey, Pluto
Crystal Palace - Pooh, etc as stated above
Hollywood & Vine - Playhouse Disney characters
1900 Park Fare - Cinderella, Prince Charming and Steps (he didn't like the Stepmother that much, as she is a "bad person" to him.)
Askeshus - Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Jasmine

Some people don't think boys should "like" princesses, but my DH likes to say, "I think it's great that my son wants to meet a beautiful blonde/red head/ etc.!" :ROFLOL:
To be honest, he doesn't really like them that much, he just loves meeting them as much as he would any Disney character. :)

Upvote 0

KristieLC

^ That's nice that your son enjoyed meeting the princesses. My son, who will be 5 in a month wanted nothing to do with them. Funny how he just associates them with "girls". His little friend on the other hand, who went about a week after we did and is the same age loved meeting the princesses and even blushed when he was telling me about how they kissed him! He has a little sister so is exposed much more than my son I guess. When we were in AK, Pocahontas had no one around her and he could care less. Now that I think about it, I wonder if it was more that she was a real person than the fact that he associates princesses and such with girls.

Upvote 0

KC82271

Took my godson many times - he was age 4 through about 8. We did Chef Mickeys most of the times. He loved that. We also did the breakfast at AK at the time, which has now been moved to Tusker HOuse - it was Donald and still is. He was really into that one.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

Chef Mickeys is a MUST every trip with my 5 year old son. We didn't book one year and he flipped out. So we ended up with a 7 am ressie...ugh!!! Donald's at AK was great too. My son too will have nothing to do with the princesses saying that they are for girls!!!! And he is not into Pooh and friends anymore, feeling they are a little too yound for him. He enjoyed the breakfast, more for his younger brother, at CP but CM takes the cake for him.

Upvote 0

coltow

My 5yo loved Chef Mickey's he was so excited to see everyone there.
My 4yo nephew enjoyed Cape May though we've never been there for breakfast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom