Character/Entertainment Updates

drew81

Original Poster
Please remember these can change

Studios

-Monsters Inc. meet n greet location may be moving to a new location across from where Sorcerer Mickey used to be. Construction has started.
-Christmas Decorations may be changed this year due to Block Party Bash Floats. Mike W. would hit them.
-Bolt, Mittens and Rhino will be starting very soon for meet n greets at Studios.
-Prince Caspian's location is now being enclosed. Possible re-opening on Nov. 2nd.

MK
-Next year may see the Christmas castle lights extended all the way down Main Street.
-MNSSHP Villains Mix n Mingle may feature Hades next year on the lift playing a guitar during the show.
-New floats for MVMCP: Chip n Dale on the ski slope float and Santa's float have be redone.
-Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade begins rehearsals in January. Expect to see Mickey's and the princess float to be redone. Say goodbye to Fantasia Brooms, The Bridesmaids and the Chimney Sweeps.
-The fairies meet n greet will be different than other meet n greets. Look for them to spend some time playing games with guests which may make the line even longer. This is a test and other meet n greets may incorporate this in the future.

Epcot
-Marie the cat is possibly being phased out. If you want to see her please have a CM call the C.H.I.P. hotline to see if she's out.

On a personal note-please stop at guest relations, email, or write a letter about Fantasmic being put down to 2 days a week. There has been quite a lot of negative feedback about this and if it continues this can only help in changing the minds of certain park directors to keep Fantasmic playing on a nightly basis

Animaniac93-98

MK
-Next year may see the Christmas castle lights extended all the way down Main Street.

It's what's being done to Disneyland this year. Could be quite neat to see what MK's Main Street would look like with them. Marie being phased out? Weird, we still sell plenty of her plushes at the D Store here, I doubt her popularity is really declining that much. That's for the updates. :wave:

Also, do you know anything about the new float for the Boo to You parade that was cut from the budget this year and if it's coming next year?

kcw

-Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade begins rehearsals in January. Expect to see Mickey's and the princess float to be redone. Say goodbye to Fantasia Brooms, The Bridesmaids and the Chimney Sweeps.

-The fairies meet n greet will be different than other meet n greets. Look for them to spend some time playing games with guests which may make the line even longer. This is a test and other meet n greets may incorporate this in the future.

Is the princess float being re-done meaning re-decorated or replaced.... let's hope for the latter, it really bugs me that that float is still running...:(
Too bad about the sweeps, but meh about the others.... are the pirates going with them?

YAY for something other than love n shove and PASS!

disney4life2008

On a personal note-please stop at guest relations, email, or write a letter about Fantasmic being put down to 2 days a week. There has been quite a lot of negative feedback about this and if it continues this can only help in changing the minds of certain park directors to keep Fantasmic playing on a nightly basis

Who do I contact about Fantasmic? I am very upset that during my weeks stay it is only being performed twice. It is actually the reason why I go to Hollywood Studios. I understand they are making American Idol the feature night show - but I really do not care for the TV show and really do not care to waste 30 or more minutes watching people who perform. I would rather see Fantasmic. American Idol has NO disney magic.

Senderella

Who do I contact about Fantasmic? I am very upset that during my weeks stay it is only being performed twice. It is actually the reason why I go to Hollywood Studios. I understand they are making American Idol the feature night show - but I really do not care for the TV show and really do not care to waste 30 or more minutes watching people who perform. I would rather see Fantasmic. American Idol has NO disney magic.

I agree. Especially when you factor in getting rained out on one of your Fantasmic nights, that really throws a wrench into your plans. Please let us know where to write.

:sohappy: to hear Hades may have a bigger part in things!!

NewfieFan

I too would like to know who to contact about Fantasmic... don't get me started on that one?!

Thanks for the update!

I also thought Marie was popular - odd!:shrug: How long would the Bolt characters be around? Do they keep them out for awhile or just while the movie is playing? I'm sure after my son sees the movie he'll want to meet them but we're not going until Aug. 09!

MaxGoof7

While I was at Disney World on Early October, I noticed that a cast member from World of Disney Store told me that Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable will be at EPCOT once the new Kim Possible Game opens. I thought that was a rumor but I know it would be true. What do you think?

:D

drew81

Original Poster
The Disney Guest Relations email is on the main WDW page. I can't think of it off the top of my head. Anyone who enjoys Fantasmic, should write or email Disney. It will help. They think its going to save a lot of money but in the long run if guests aren't there they won't be spending money. Then I heard one of the excuses they are going to use about guest spending will be the economy.

As far as Marie, yes she is popular but Disney uses C.H.I.P. hotline info to gauge a character's draw. If she gets a lot of requests she could be out more, but from what I heard that might not even help. I have seen guests waiting for her back in France.

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Wasn't the former location of the Sorcerer Mickey Meet & Greet in the building that is rumored to house the Monsters Inc. spinning roller coaster? Is it just me, or does it seem a bit too coincidental that they would go out of the way to move the Meet & Greet there?

Wasn't the former location of the Sorcerer Mickey Meet & Greet in the building that is rumored to house the Monsters Inc. spinning roller coaster? Is it just me, or does it seem a bit too coincidental that they would go out of the way to move the Meet & Greet there?

I was wondering the exact same thing! Why move the MI meet and greet again... in that particular space :veryconfu

Tinkrbell

I love that everyone is wanting to contact Guest Relations about Fantasmic going down to only a few times a week, but I would just like to tell everyone to not get very hopeful about them listening. I work in costuming at Fantasmic and pretty much everyone including managers (preformers, costuming, tech, cosmotology) there doesnt like that its getting a reduced schedule due to American Idol opening. Fantasmic is only supposed to be on a reduced schedule while American Idol gets going, so from what I've heard, its not supposed to be a permanent schedule change.

disney4life2008

I love that everyone is wanting to contact Guest Relations about Fantasmic going down to only a few times a week, but I would just like to tell everyone to not get very hopeful about them listening. I work in costuming at Fantasmic and pretty much everyone including managers (preformers, costuming, tech, cosmotology) there doesnt like that its getting a reduced schedule due to American Idol opening. Fantasmic is only supposed to be on a reduced schedule while American Idol gets going, so from what I've heard, its not supposed to be a permanent schedule change.

I hope it is not permanant. I really am not feeling the whole American Idol thing- that seems to be a different target audience. I am sure it will boost tickets at Hollywood for the opportunity to get an audition for American Idol - but lets be real about this - are they actually going to make it? I think that it is ridiculous. But in the end, Disneyworld is changing. Someone mentioned on another post that Pixar is taking over - thats the reality. I hope they do not take away Spectromagic at some point, I remember when they brought Main Steet Electrial Parade to WDW (I hate that parade). I am going to be optimistic- maybe American Idol will be fun - but I just do not see it.

JPVonDrake

Where to write...

All letters should be directed to:

Walt Disney World
Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0040

or​

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com​

Note, written letters have been known to carry more weight then e-mailed ones.

candydog

Well at least if they're repackaging the Dreams come true parade it'll only be for one more year. Will DL's Parade of Dreams still be replacing it?

And how exactly are the DDCT floats to be redecorated?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom