Changes to Spaceship Earth Descent.

devoy1701

I find that her voice makes me feel as though I'm sitting in front of the principal, and things don't look good for the future of my enrollment.

hey. If she can order James Bond around for the past 20 years, she can order me around too! I think her voice would have worked out well for a more serious script, however. Perhaps not as great as Irons, or Patrick Stewart as some of the rumors suggested. I don't hate the new script either, But I do wish it was a tad more serious and I do hate the empty 180top and the empty decent.

rsoxguy

hey. If she can order James Bond around for the past 20 years, she can order me around too! I think her voice would have worked out well for a more serious script, however. Perhaps not as great as Irons, or Patrick Stewart as some of the rumors suggested. I don't hate the new script either, But I do wish it was a tad more serious and I do hate the empty 180top and the empty decent.

I feel that the current script is the result of writers trying too hard, if that makes sense. It just seems that the goal of softening the educational aspect of the script went awry. Still, the Lady makes me feel as though I was caught chewing gum in class, and she hates the scent of cherry.

baymenxpac

Shoot me. I like the new narration just fine. It's the least of the ride's issues, in my opinion.

i mean...we'll spare you the gunfire, lee, but i hear you. would i be okay with same narrator and a finished descent? sure. and judi's voice is fine, just don't care for the script.

DocMcHulk

Shoot me. I like the new narration just fine. It's the least of the ride's issues, in my opinion.

I'm with you on this. I didnt think it was bad at all. Sure it's different, but every narrator has been different because.. well... every person is different.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
"Now, suns reverse, moons re-phase, let us return to ancient caves where first we learn to share our thoughts - and to survive"

to

"look at the monitor above you"

Doesn't really compare does it?

sublimesting

It really is bad show. Even for a first time guest who knows no better it is unacceptable. When I firsat rode it after the refurb. I kept thinkg:"OK we are descending...the grand finale of a recently refurbed attraction...this is gonna be ballin'.....oh they are saving up for a big climax.....a few things may be down.....wait maybe that was it....what have they done...Siemens sucks!"

rodserling27

"Now, suns reverse, moons re-phase, let us return to ancient caves where first we learn to share our thoughts - and to survive"

to

"look at the monitor above you"

Doesn't really compare does it?

This literally made me laugh out loud, until I thought about how bad it really is when you hear Dench say that compared to the old narration.

Bob Saget

The Dench line that makes me tear up with anger the quickest is:
"Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC’s? Thank the Phoenicians." :hurl:

JOSHG

What was actually the plan for the descent before they ran out of money? I've heard it mentioned several times, but never actually heard what was planned.

RSoxNo1

I'm with you. Even the dumbed down script wouldn't be a point of contention if there weren't other issues. When there are legitimate things to complain about, people will throw in anything they're remotely dissatisfied with. In the case of SSE, the obvious complaint is the descent/Jetson's screens. Add in a few more smaller things like timing of the line "On this our Spaceship Earth", and the removal of other lines (North, South, East and West all roads led to rome) and corresponding effects just annoyed people.

Things that can be easily fixed or changed to appease fans and don't disrupt the casual guest are things that need to be done.

Vader2112

The Dench line that makes me tear up with anger the quickest is:
"Remember how easy it was to learn your ABC’s? Thank the Phoenicians." :hurl:

Ugghhhh. I think I got chills... the I just got samonela poisnioning kind.

Wow I guess I did not pay much attention to the script.. Thank you all for ruining my 13 minutes of relaxation and AC enjoying the AA characters. :ROFLOL:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
A little would go a long way...

...say even just one ten thousandth of the NextGen budget...

Wouldn't that be $150,000? (1,500,000,000/10,000)

If that's all they need, the internet fan community could just pool our resources on this forum and come up with it! :lol:

They didn't leave the descent unfinished for want of $150,000, did they?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wouldn't that be $150,000? (1,500,000,000/10,000)

If that's all they need, the internet fan community could just pool our resources on this forum and come up with it! :lol:

They didn't leave the descent unfinished for want of $150,000, did they?

US billions and European billions....
...plus my math...

Let's say a million or so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom