Changes to private dining hours at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

EOD K9

I think the 24 hour snack shop is a great idea. If the front desk staff could man the snack counter you don’t even really increase costs much. Win/win.
Serous question. What kind of foods/snacks are people thinking? Something like Sunshine Seasons with premade sandwiches and salads and the like?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Serous question. What kind of foods/snacks are people thinking? Something like Sunshine Seasons with premade sandwiches and salads and the like?
That would probably work. It wouldn’t be anything they need to cook but they could have packaged food like burritos or burgers that need to be heated up in a microwave. 7 eleven style late night snacks.

EOD K9

That would probably work. It wouldn’t be anything they need to cook but they could have packaged food like burritos or burgers that need to be heated up in a microwave. 7 eleven style late night snacks.
And since most food courts and DVC resorts have microwaves, that might work.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which is why, because of people like you, TWDC will now chip their plates and fixin's bar. Welcome to Rapid Fixin's. ;)
They will need to chip each individual piece of lettuce. I never use a plate, just shove the toppings in my pocket. Makes for an easy getaway;)

KBLovedDisney

They will need to chip each individual piece of lettuce. I never use a plate, just shove the toppings in my pocket. Makes for an easy getaway;)
I use to do that, but with the ice cream toppings (mostly the gummy bears) from the old buffet restaurants. I would hide them in my napkin and put them in my pocket.

Ah, my lovely kid brain, but hey! I had candy for the ride home.

DisneyDaver

People shouldn’t eat late at night anyway, not good for you. I’m guessing no one was using it between 12-6 anyway so no big loss.

I'm a healthy eater when not on vacation (and while on vacation for the most part), but I confess I enjoy late night pizza when on vacation. It won't cause me to modify my vacation plans, but I don't like this change.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm a healthy eater when not on vacation (and while on vacation for the most part), but I confess I enjoy late night pizza when on vacation. It won't cause me to modify my vacation plans, but I don't like this change.
As far as I know they didn’t change the in room pizza service. That’s still available at the same resorts and during the same times. This change is only eliminating the late night menu from room service at CR, GF and YC/BC between 2am and 6am. I think the late night menu was pretty limited anyway. A few salads and sandwiches. I don’t think they offered pizza.

Edit: the other change is at those 3 resorts the limited late night menu was from 12 to 6am but it’s now from 11pm to 2am so you lose an hour from the much more extensive all day menu replaced with the limited late night menu from 11 to 12.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Response to any news from Walt Disney World:

Side 1: "This is it. Walt Disney World is now dead to me. Walt Disney himself is rolling over in his grave. There is literally nothing that can justify this disgusting anti-guest service money grab. Anyone who says that Walt Disney World is now anything other than the ninth circle of Hell is high on pixie dust."

Side 2: "People who dislike this change are literally Hitler. The way that Walt Disney World used to do this was ludicrous insanity, and people were fools for liking it. We will all be better, not just on vacation but as human beings, for this change having been adopted. We should now erect a statue to Bob Iger in each of our front yards for bringing such glorious things into our pathetic lives."

Following this, everyone involved continues to actually view Disney exactly as they always have, vacation the same way they always have, and show up on these boards the next day to debate the next issue.

The End.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

You could simply have a cooler with premade sandwiches, salads, desserts and cold drinks the front desk clerk could ring you up - done.

Easy every Hilton Garden Inn since forever has done that although in their case it's microwaveable stuff. It's not hard while I like room service this would be an acceptable compromise at least for me.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Response to any news from Walt Disney World:

Side 1: "This is it. Walt Disney World is now dead to me. Walt Disney himself is rolling over in his grave. There is literally nothing that can justify this disgusting anti-guest service money grab. Anyone who says that Walt Disney World is now anything other than the ninth circle of Hell is high on pixie dust."

Side 2: "People who dislike this change are literally Hitler. The way that Walt Disney World used to do this was ludicrous insanity, and people were fools for liking it. We will all be better, not just on vacation but as human beings, for this change having been adopted. We should now erect a statue to Bob Iger in each of our front yards for bringing such glorious things into our pathetic lives."

Following this, everyone involved continues to actually view Disney exactly as they always have, vacation the same way they always have, and show up on these boards the next day to debate the next issue.

The End.

Replace Hitler with Pol Pot and I think you have a winner as the use of 'Hitler' invokes Godwin's Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom