Changes to private dining hours at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For me when I’m traveling for a work conference there are 2 reasons to get room service. The main one is I’m working in the room following meetings all day and it’s a time saver. Not an issue here since it’s most likely going to be before 2am anyway. The other reason is I’m out drinking. Those are the best conferences but don’t happen for me too often. Then I could maybe see not having room service after 2am being a potential issue.

When I'm on the road it's either room service because usually when I get back from customer meeting/onsite activity the hotel restaurant is closed or a bag of chips from the hotel 'pantry', The go out drinking with customer is left to the sales guys so that my team can work uninterrupted.

No matter how exotic or desirable the destination is I can say all conference rooms from Beijing to Zurich to Richardson Texas all look the same.

ToTBellHop

"EVERY DAMN NIGHT?!"

Not to be pedantic, but there have been several 1am EMH closures this October.
But I thought WDW wasn’t a late night destination? It’s a daytime destination that offers approximately 9 different types of nighttime spectacular per year (and 5 nightly).

There’s definitely no metabolic evidence that running around a theme park going on thrill rides til 1 am might trigger hunger long after the parks close. There have been many times when I’ve wished they at least had a 24-hr shop with grab n go at each resort.

And don’t give me that BS about how bad it is to eat late. At home? Sure. On vacation hours, walking 30,000 steps per day, I eat whatever I want and don’t gain weight. So y’all can put your University of Phoenix degrees in dietetics away.

FigmentForver96

But I thought WDW wasn’t a late night destination? It’s a daytime destination that offers approximately 9 different types of nighttime spectacular per year (and 5 nightly).

There’s definitely no metabolic evidence that running around a theme park going on thrill rides til 1 am might trigger hunger long after the parks close. There have been many times when I’ve wished they at least had a 24-hr shop with grab n go at each resort.

And don’t give me that BS about how bad it is to eat late. At home? Sure. On vacation hours, walking 30,000 steps per day, I eat whatever I want and don’t gain weight. So y’all can put your University of Phoenix degrees in dietetics away.
Preach it!

Last trip I was in the Magic Kingdok until 1:30 and the only place on property I could grab anything was the McDonalds on property. (Could have left property but that just seemed like to much effort for a late snack).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Preach it!

Last trip I was in the Magic Kingdok until 1:30 and the only place on property I could grab anything was the McDonalds on property. (Could have left property but that just seemed like to much effort for a late snack).
Makes you wonder why McDonald's sees a reason to stay open all night, but all those hotels full of people can't keep a kitchen open...

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I hear what you are saying, but in the context of this change only 3 resorts are eliminating room service from 2am to 6am. The rest didn’t have it already. If you are out past 2am and happen to be staying at one of those resorts you will miss out now. The rest of us were always stuck Ubering to McDs

I think the 24 hour snack shop is a great idea. If the front desk staff could man the snack counter you don’t even really increase costs much. Win/win.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When I'm on the road it's either room service because usually when I get back from customer meeting/onsite activity the hotel restaurant is closed or a bag of chips from the hotel 'pantry', The go out drinking with customer is left to the sales guys so that my team can work uninterrupted.

No matter how exotic or desirable the destination is I can say all conference rooms from Beijing to Zurich to Richardson Texas all look the same.
I’m talking more about the convention business. A lot of the events held is those convention centers are trade shows, continuing education and corporate retreats. Those are the types of events that often lead to a night or 2 out and the possible need for all night room service. And yes, sales meetings do tend to be some of the wildest.

21stamps

It seems odd given the number of hotels and people coming in from all different locations on different time schedules. Are local places allowed to deliver to Disney? I don’t ever recall seeing pizza flyers or anything in the room.. but this would be a great opportunity for local business..

I’ve ordered Pizza Hut to my room.
(Edit)- technically to the lobby.. they aren’t allowed delivering to the room, that was kind of annoying.

To the people shocked at late night eating-

Have you never stoped for a slice of Pizza or an Empanada at 2,3,4am after leaving a bar/club?

Last edited:

21stamps

Preach it!

Makes you wonder why McDonald's sees a reason to stay open all night, but all those hotels full of people can't keep a kitchen open...

What is everyone talking about?

Room service says til 2am..

Have Gasparilla’s and Captain Cooks changed their hours as well?

KBLovedDisney

If I come back to my room really late at night and am hungry, I will just order delivery pizza. But instead of waiting in my room, I will wait in the sewer along with my buddy and watch as the delivery guy will run late because he can't locate us, and also because I have never paid full price for late pizza.

21stamps

If I come back to my room really late at night and am hungry, I will just order delivery pizza. But instead of waiting in my room, I will wait in the sewer along with my buddy and watch as the delivery guy will run late because he can't locate us, and also because I have never paid full price for late pizza.

It’s all a moot point anyway.. I can’t find anywhere that says the restaurants have changed operating hours.
The resorts that are most likely affected already have other options.

It’s kind of crazy to complain about a legit cost saving measure. If the demand isn’t there then it’s not smart to keep the service during those 4 late night/early am hours.

This is coming from someone who will not stay in a hotel that doesn’t offer room service, including Disney World hotels.

If they reduced the in room dining hours to breakfast/lunch/dinner.. or got rid of it altogether, then I’d grab a pitchfork.. ;)

KBLovedDisney

It’s all a moot point anyway.. I can’t find anywhere that says the restaurants have changed operating hours.
The resorts that are most likely affected already have other options.

It’s kind of crazy to complain about a legit cost saving measure. If the demand isn’t there then it’s not smart to keep the service during those 4 late night/early am hours.

This is coming from someone who will not stay in a hotel that doesn’t offer room service, including Disney World hotels.

If they reduced the in room dining hours to breakfast/lunch/dinner.. or got rid of it altogether, then I’d grab a pitchfork.. ;)

Pizza, sewer, late pizza joke...broh
a80039ed069c1ebbd545424bd6c9fb4173e9be9e9e9e8ac91afdc089f81db51b.jpg

Great...now I want pizza.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I’m talking more about the convention business. A lot of the events held is those convention centers are trade shows, continuing education and corporate retreats. Those are the types of events that often lead to a night or 2 out and the possible need for all night room service. And yes, sales meetings do tend to be some of the wildest.

I'm a troubleshooter so I work with the sales guys all the time but usually my team is doing the 24x7 service restoration while the sales guys are calming the customer.

End result is the same get back to room at 1-2 am, Or when we still went to WDW i would frequently join family for trip on way back from customer and it was nice when one got to MCO (restaurants close at .9 or so) get rental and drive to BLT to be able to get room service after arriving at midnight or after

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom