Changes to Peter Pan's Flight at Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

MK actually has a very underrated Peter Pan’s Flight. Flying through Neverland is unique and far superior to the Neverland squeezed on a 4’ x 8’ sheet of plywood at the other versions of the attraction. Also, the London scene is far more detailed with 3D models. It would be a shame for the teepee and Indians to be removed.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
MK actually has a very underrated Peter Pan’s Flight. Flying through Neverland is unique and far superior to the Neverland squeezed on a 4’ x 8’ sheet of plywood at the other versions of the attraction. Also, the London scene is far more detailed with 3D models. It would be a shame for the teepee and Indians to be removed.
I hope we're making a mountain out of a molehill. @danlb_2000 made it sound like this is nothing major.

MerlinTheGoat

The London flyover at WDW remains unmatched due to the 3-dimensional buildings. That said, I do prefer the rest of the ride at DL/DLP. Particularly the latter due to the fiber optic curtain on the pirate ship near the end. The painted backgrounds in both versions though is a massive upgrade over the bare black walls/curtains at WDW. Shanghai and Disneysea seem to have taken a lot of cues from this artistry for their variants.

Given the layout though, i'd imagine that if they ever do any major changes to the scenery without altering the building or track layout, it would probably copy a lot of what they did to Tokyo's original Pan some years back (which was previously an exact clone of WDW's version). It ended up being kind of a mess though. They tried to copy the Neverland island minature from DL/DLP, but it's VERY tiny and horribly misshapen. They added fiber optic stars to the black backgrounds, which is better than just black. But they didn't add any of the painted murals DL/DLP has. So you're just sort of perpetually floating through empty outer space. With the Lost Boys, Mermaids and Natives just floating in that same space lined up one after another. A rare major failure on the part of Tokyo...

Surferboy567

This is gonna sound like blasphemy but is it bad after watching Fantasy Springs I wouldn’t mind a complete clone of their Peter Pan? That ride while being screen based is just very well put together, I would love to see it stateside.

Ours is a classic no doubt, we just need to bring this ride up to snuff with the others. It could really use a few refreshments think Alice in Disneyland.

Disstevefan1

The only thing about this attraction that feels like it eats people is the 80 minute queue.

Seriously, I would guess that this may have one of the worst capacities in the park.
The 80 min standby is because folks love it AND a broken Genie+ system, in my opinion.

The omnimover is the fastest way to get folks through any attraction in my opinion.

Can you imagine when this attraction is closed? Where are all these folks are going to go?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The 80 min standby is because folks love it, in my opinion.

The omnimover is the fastest way to get folks through any attraction in my opinion.

Can you imagine when this attraction is closed? Where are all these folks are going to go?
Not every ride with a continuous load is an omninover. Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rock It! is not an omnimover and neither is Peter Pan’s Flight. Nor does continuous load tell you anything about capacity.

Bocabear

I guess joining the other over-capacity lines in the park... Now imagine Big Thunder also closed and then if any other attraction has a technical difficulty... I guess everyone car ride Little Mermaid and Country Bear Jambo....oops that is closed too.... Well Little Mermaid....over and over.....

ToTBellHop

I guess joining the other over-capacity lines in the park... Now imagine Big Thunder also closed and then if any other attraction has a technical difficulty... I guess everyone car ride Little Mermaid and Country Bear Jambo....oops that is closed too.... Well Little Mermaid....over and over.....
The PeopleMover is the perfect vehicle for people-watching. So keep your eyes peeled; you never know who you might see!

Phicinfan

going to be a very large, stinky, angry world is my first guess ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom