Changes to Peter Pan's Flight at Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yep @danlb_2000 spotted this last night - possibly FX lighting?

The contractor is InterAmerica Stage,Inc. They do theatrical equipment, lighting, audio, rigging, curtains, etc. The permit has no expiration which indicates to me it's something small. They also recently filed a permit with the same description for 1365 Avenue of the Stars which is technically Harbor House, but we suspect it is something else with the same address. Might by Philharmagic, or it was for Pan and the new permit is just an address correction.

Tha Realest

I hope they don’t take inspiration from the new ride in Tokyo Disneyland. By the looks of things they eschew the Indian Camp and instead head to the Uncanny Valley.

Tha Realest

Same, and possibly less Tinker Bell as she has been deemed “potentially problematic“ by Disneys stories matter team also, “body conscious” and “jealous” for Peters attention were the reasons given to limit her use.
She’s one of the functional mascots of the company.

Oh well. Disney has a cornucopia of equally popular characters they’ve created in recent years. Why, look no further than Star from Disney’s Wish! It’s like it was engineered in a lab to be The Next Big Thing for the company.

eddie104

Boy I’ve learned a lot reading these threads the past couple of days.
  1. No ride should be closed when you decide to visit because it ruins the experience.
  2. It doesn’t matter if it’s time for overhaul it’s just fine as long as it’s open when you’re at the park.
  3. One attraction closing completely handicaps the entire MK.
  4. Minor refurbs don’t count at WDW but if the other parks do the same thing they’re applauded.

pigglewiggle

Boy I’ve learned a lot reading these threads the past couple of days.
  1. No ride should be closed when you decide to visit because it ruins the experience.
  2. It doesn’t matter if it’s time for overhaul it’s just fine as long as it’s open when you’re at the park.
  3. One attraction closing completely handicaps the entire MK.
  4. Minor refurbs don’t count at WDW but if the other parks do the same thing they’re applauded.

If people are allowed to complain about Halloween parties in August, I'm allowed to complain about a bunch of rides being closed when we go.

Deal with that! 😂

MerlinTheGoat

If people are allowed to complain about Halloween parties in August, I'm allowed to complain about a bunch of rides being closed when we go.

Deal with that! 😂
I think it's pretty much fair game. Attractions do indeed have to go down for refurbishment. The problem is that TWDC has spent literal decades twiddling their thumbs regarding proper Magic Kingdom ride expansion. Crowds have grown out of control, but the capacity to hold them has utterly failed to grow with it.

If i'm not mistaken, Tron is the first thing they've added to MK since the early 90s that hasn't come at the expense of something else, or making up for lost capacity from a prior attraction being shut down. Unless we count the shuttering of Stitch/Alien Encounter...

One popular ride going down can indeed effectively "handicap" the park. This could have been prevented had they continued to expand MK as they did with DL. But unlike DL, I guess MK just doesn't have the "blessing of size"...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm trying to avoid spoilers of the new Peter Pan ride in Tokyo but does that have Tinkerbell featured from the preview pics? (Realizing that OLC probably has very different standards they go by...I don't believe their Splash Mountain is closing anytime soon)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom