Changes to Haunted Mansion Library Busts

HMF

Also unpopular opinion, while I would’ve rather had Hatty in a different place other than the hallway (in my opinion he should’ve replaced groundskeeper if he couldn’tve gone in attic) I don’t think it RUINS wdw mansion as much as people say it does
That's not an un-popular opinion. Hattie's placement before Leota messes with the "Story" of the attraction.

DisneyHead123

It’s weird how social mores change. When I was a kid, my parents lets me roam Wildwood with only my older cousins as chaperones, watching people get their heads lopped off in haunted houses that were such fire hazards they all burned down. (For years I thought the Ghost Host was an actual actor who walked with you through the first part of the ride, because all my childhood Haunted House memories were intermingled.) Decades later, I do feel the depiction of a person hanging might be inappropriate, although I’m probably far more relaxed about the amount of realistic violence kids end up seeing in video games (I don’t like it but it feels sort of inevitable.)

ToTBellHop

I saw on the other site that DL may just stop showing the corpse through the scrim altogether and project “something” on the scrim instead. Not sure I like that…

PREMiERdrum

I saw on the other site that DL may just stop showing the corpse through the scrim altogether and project “something” on the scrim instead. Not sure I like that…
I sure hope not.

The loss of another practical effect for a projection in this attraction would be awful.

Remove the corpse, even the noose if you have to, but even then the scrim reveal to a creepy attic would be far better - and a much better fit for the aesthetic of the attraction - than any projection could do.

Tha Realest

I sure hope not.

The loss of another practical effect for a projection in this attraction would be awful.

Remove the corpse, even the noose if you have to, but even then the scrim reveal to a creepy attic would be far better - and a much better fit for the aesthetic of the attraction - than any projection could do.
Artistic improvement is a secondary consideration when these sorts of moves are made.

ToTBellHop

I sure hope not.

I agree. A simple bat effect with lightning would be better than nothing. But that doesn’t work with the existing dialogue. There’s really no way I can think of other than some sort of murder but maybe the master storytellers can do better without scaring toddlers.

Sneakman

candleman: would you be down with him, or any other museum of the weird elements joining the mansion on either coast
, or should well enough be left alone at this point?

Sneakman

Isn’t he too scawwy for toddlers? I doubt we will get anything more than that tiny model.
I think he would be fine. Tbh the only place he could go is the groundskeeper? Idk how y’all would feel but I’d be fine with that placement if he did come. Would be a better gag in the space imo.

Sneakman

And for the stretching room hanging replacement I like the idea another user put for it being a skeleton in a cobweb. Heck, at wdw, wdi could spin it as “we’re paying homage to the “screaming web man” legend of wdw’s mansion” for brownie points.

Bocabear

I think he would be fine. Tbh the only place he could go is the groundskeeper? Idk how y’all would feel but I’d be fine with that placement if he did come.
They should not touch the stretching rooms at all... no real need...Honestly Candleman in the attic....and at this point I would be fine with the Constance story going away completely. We are having a discussion about removing the skeleton in the stretching room because it is too scary while we have the bride brandishing an axe and literally talking about killing her husbands...but that is not an issue? Give me the quiet bride with the beating heart....or even scarier, the bride from the most recent move...tucked into the back of the attic....just barely visible....watching the doombuggies go by... that would be super creepy...and the never-built lady trapped in an old mirror would also be cool... but seriously leave the stretching rooms alone...

ToTBellHop

And for the stretching room hanging replacement I like the idea another user put for it being a skeleton in a cobweb. Heck, at wdw, wdi could spin it as “we’re paying homage to the “screaming web man” legend of wdw’s mansion” for brownie points.
Hmmm…Ghost Host being killed by our dear departed spiders would actually be fun and work with the dialogue. And no one is offended by “spiders can kill you!”

ToTBellHop

Honestly Candleman in the attic....and at this point I would be fine with the Constance story going away completely. We are having a discussion about mremoving the skeleton in the stretching room because it is too scary while we have the bride brandishing an axe and literally talking about killing her husbands...but that is not an issue? Give me the quiet bride with the beating heart....or even scarier, the bride from the most recent move...tucked into the back of the attic....just barely visible....watching the doombuggies go by... that would be super creepy...and the never-built lady trapped in an old mirror would also be cool...
Murder isn’t triggering in the way suicide is. They still build rides where people are murdered (Rise of the Resistance is probably the most recent).

Bocabear

The Paris original version had the hanging in the stretching room, but it was a murder commited by the Phantom...as he was there holding the rope and laughing....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom