Changes to Haunted Mansion Library Busts

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I agree. A simple bat effect with lightning would be better than nothing. But that doesn’t work with the existing dialogue. There’s really no way I can think of other than some sort of murder but maybe the master storytellers can do better without scaring toddlers.
I have one.. but refuse to share it out of fear it becomes reality. It's 100% practical (cept for sound effects) uses existing Frees narration and no projections. And no bats. Uses past mansion lore. Will only share with an imagineer over a few beers or a guaranteed HM front of line for life.

Captain Barbossa

And no one is offended by “spiders can kill you!”
Oh give it time. There would be some spider activists riled up!

But if it wasn’t for that little east of the Mississippi agreement…………

IMG_0766.jpeg

SPIDY VS GHOST HOST!!!!!!!

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
And for the stretching room hanging replacement I like the idea another user put for it being a skeleton in a cobweb. Heck, at wdw, wdi could spin it as “we’re paying homage to the “screaming web man” legend of wdw’s mansion” for brownie points.
This was exactly the concept I envisioned for the reworking of this scene if it were to be reworked. So the fact that multiple people have come up with it means it's at least serviceable and imagineering could potentially use it without fear of legal recourse. Great minds. It's still not great but it's definitely better than bats flying around.

Sneakman

This was exactly the concept I envisioned for the reworking of this scene if it were to be reworked. So the fact that multiple people have come up with it means it's at least serviceable and imagineering could potentially use it without fear of legal recourse. It's still not great but it's definitely better than bats flying around.
Yeah, and during the refurb, if I was in charge, I’d also do something like putting a Candleman figure where the groundskeeper, or an updated bride, sort of as a “sorry, we kidna had to do this, here’s something as a constellation prize” to make up for it

ToTBellHop

This was exactly the concept I envisioned for the reworking of this scene if it were to be reworked. So the fact that multiple people have come up with it means it's at least serviceable and imagineering could potentially use it without fear of legal recourse. Great minds. It's still not great but it's definitely better than bats flying around.
They'll just project Oogie Boogie on the scrim and congratulate themselves.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Yeah, and during the refurb, if I was in charge, I’d also do something like putting a Candleman figure where the groundskeeper, or an updated bride, sort of as a “sorry, we kidna had to do this, here’s something as a constellation prize” to make up for it
Right!? Man, I like the way you think. Only I'd have the lifesize candleman where Hattie is in MK's HM to tie in with the floating candelabra in the hallway relocating Hattie to the graveyard opposite the Caretaker, as the two figures mirror one another in an eerie, staring contest standoff.

Sneakman

Right!? Man, I like the way you think. Only I'd have the lifesize candleman where Hattie is in MK's HM to tie in with the floating candelabra in the hallway relocating Hattie to the graveyard opposite the Caretaker, as the two figures mirror one another in an eerie, staring contest standoff.
Thanks, i appreciate it! I thought about Hattie but I don’t think unfortunately they would greenlight moving something they installed. But I do like your candle man hallway idea. As for other ideas of things I’d add, I had a few things from “museum of the weird” I had the idea of incorporating subtly. Two of them are putting the “coffin clock” where the current clock is, and putting the “living flowers” in the attic, where they could be recontextualized as a living wedding bouquet. Heck, they could even be humming the tune of “here comes the the bride”. Those are just my ideas tho.

Ice Gator

Best case scenario (which i could realistically see being done cheaply and easily) is removing the noose but still having a creepy skeleton/ghost effect laughing above in the attic.

I’d love the Phantom Manor scene implying murder but considering how they’ve handled other ride changes in MK, they’ll probably want to do it as cheaply as they can instead of adding another figure to the scene.

I feel like the audio could easily be fixed since it’s just the last line that would need to be changed, via impersonator or AI.

Which offers you this chilling challenge…to find a way out! Hahaha!

That is, if you DARE!”

Something like that.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Best case scenario (which i could realistically see being done cheaply and easily) is removing the noose but still having a creepy skeleton/ghost effect laughing above in the attic.

I’d love the Phantom Manor scene implying murder but considering how they’ve handled other ride changes in MK, they’ll probably want to do it as cheaply as they can instead of adding another figure to the scene.
Perhaps if you install a hidden window up there, you could make it look like the skeleton was trying to climb out of the room and died en route. Better if there are also visible nail marks on the walls but perhaps that's too graphic.

Ice Gator

Perhaps if you install a hidden window up there, you could make it look like the skeleton was trying to climb out of the room and died en route. Better if there are also visible nail marks on the walls but perhaps that's too graphic.
This may be a very hot take but if they remove the hanging corpse, they could install a figure like the PM phantom looking down, but switch it to another figure of Hatbox Ghost. Might help justify why he’s seen so early on in the Mansion before the other spirits arrive? I’m not sure. I just hope the replacement is still spooky and adds to the story- not just a cheap screen effect.

Sneakman

This may be a very hot take but if they remove the hanging corpse, they could install a figure like the PM phantom looking down, but switch it to another figure of Hatbox Ghost. Might help justify why he’s seen so early on in the Mansion before the other spirits arrive? I’m not sure. I just hope the replacement is still spooky and adds to the story- not just a cheap screen effect.
I’d be down with that. Maybe add more touches of him around the mansion as a whole so it’s kidna like he’s stalking you around the mansion?

ToTBellHop

Agreed. The early half of the ride is meant to be dark and foreboding. I'd hate to see that ruined more than the queue already messes with it.

Sneakman

Would this hypothetical skeleton man in the stretching room being a portrayal of the classic grim reaper , good on and holding a scythe be too out of place for the mansion? (Only way out is death, but communicated differently)

Ice Gator

Would this hypothetical skeleton man in the stretching room being a portrayal of the classic grim reaper , good on and holding a scythe be too out of place for the mansion? (Only way out is death, but communicated differently)
That’d be cool. I was kind of just envisioning it as the Phantom Manor ghost- skeleton with a top hat and long black coat.

Or like I mentioned earlier, make it the Hatbox Ghost. Hes meant to be one of the “mischievous” ghosts, so it’d kind of make sense we’d see him early in the ride and in the endless corridor before Leota summons the rest of the spirits.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
And for the stretching room hanging replacement I like the idea another user put for it being a skeleton in a cobweb. Heck, at wdw, wdi could spin it as “we’re paying homage to the “screaming web man” legend of wdw’s mansion” for brownie points.
They could even reuse some of Frees unused dialogue where he mentions "heinous but delightful creatures" reconned to refer to the spiders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom