Changes to Haunted Mansion Library Busts

Sneakman

That’d be cool. I was kind of just envisioning it as the Phantom Manor ghost- skeleton with a top hat and long black coat.

Or like I mentioned earlier, make it the Hatbox Ghost. Hes meant to be one of the “mischievous” ghosts, so it’d kind of make sense we’d see him early in the ride and in the endless corridor before Leota summons the rest of the spirits.
Tbh as much as I wasn’t a fan of your idea at first, I’m kinda warming up to the HBG being in the stretching room as a professional hater

Sneakman

They could even reuse some of Frees unused dialogue where he mentions "heinous but delightful creatures" reconned to refer to the spiders.
Maybe stitch a line toghethe get a horse style? I my personal ideas for a line after “to find a way out” are
“Of course, you’re not alone in here”
“Of course, I have some friends who could help you”
Something like that or the unused line. What was it in full?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Also maybe some projection mapping of spiders crawling the walls?
I thought about that. Even went as far as to suggest installing mini ankle tickler air canons to create the sensation of physically crawling spiders but then softened it up to highlight the intent but not the actual scare. Too much! Initially, I was for projection-mapped spiders as well but against the idea now.

Maybe guests could see scurrying spiders during the lightning flashes but as with most projection effects, less is more. I don't know if Disney could do "spiders" subtly enough to render the scene spooky without being "showy" for lack of a better word.

Last edited:

Drdcm

I feel like they could get by with just installing a dark shadowy figure standing in the rafters and leave it up to peoples imaginations as to what the “way out” is. Keep the dialogue and lightning/screams.

Sneakman

I thought about that. Even went as far as to suggest mini ankle ticker air canons installed...but then softened it up to highlight then intent but not the actual scare. Initially I was for projection mapped spiders but now I'm not so sure. I don't think it would be subtle enough. The only way I would like it is if you the spiders briefly during the lightning flash as if scurrying away and then when the lights come on they're gone. But as with most projections done right, less is more. I don't know if Disney could do it subtly enough to render it spooky without being "showy" for lack of a better word.
I mean, going with your idea of the hatbox ghost being in the room, why don’t we just put him many places so he appears to “follow” you? Maybe for the thunderclap effect on the portrait hallway, have his shadow be present on part of the walls? Put his hatbox on top of the ghost piano, and redo the shadow to look like him? Then there is the endless hallway, ect ect? Maybe the story could be “hatty doesn’t like your vibes, but once you see him in endless hallway he gets your “sympathetic vibrations” and decides to leave you alone”. I dunno what people would think of such hatbox-ghostage though

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I thought about that. initially I was for it but now I'm not so sure cuz I don't think it would be subtle enough.The only way I would like it is if you saw them briefly during the lightning flash scurrying away and then when the lights come on they're gone but as with most projections done right, less is more. I don't know if Disney could do it subtly enough to render it spooky without being "showy" for lack of a better word.
I don't want Hatbox anywhere but the attic. I'm talking about having the GH be the "Man in Web" one and the same character.

Sneakman

I do think there could be another ghost in the caretakers space tbh. Something cool, like a certain candle made fellow could make better use of the spot. And nobody would really miss him imo. And here’s my pitch for a hypothetical candle man addition to the hm: don’t announce it at all. Just keep it tight to your chest so he appears to just “show up” one day

Ice Gator

Tbh as much as I wasn’t a fan of your idea at first, I’m kinda warming up to the HBG being in the stretching room as a professional hater
Ngl I’m not a fan of my ideas either. I’d rather nothing about the SR changes, but if they had to replace it with something, that’s the best I got.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom