Changes in Toon Town

Gorjus

Original Poster
I usually hear about news from this forum rather than at work (WDW), but I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I thought I'd give people a heads up.

The characters are changing some of their locations starting, I believe on Sunday. Chip and Dale will only be at the front of the park. I'm not sure where Goofy is going. Snow White is headed outside near the castle. I'm sure there are more changes, I just haven't heard about them. One of the goals is to eventually make the wait time for the Princesses a little bit shorter and possibly update their room; although I like it the way it is.

I'd ask a cast member to check the character hotline if you need to see a specific character.

Gorjus

Original Poster
I can not confirm nor deny that any characters will be replacing them. Awww shucks, that just sounds too official. One of the rooms, I BELIEVE, is shutting down for refurbishment. So the characters will just be shuffled while we deal with only 2 rooms. What they are doing for refurbishment and what will happen next is still up in the air officially.

Gorjus

Original Poster
The other day half of ToonTown had air and half didn't. The poor Princesses and the cast didn't have air, but Snow White's room and the queue area did.

joanna71985

I usually hear about news from this forum rather than at work (WDW), but I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I thought I'd give people a heads up.

The characters are changing some of their locations starting, I believe on Sunday. Chip and Dale will only be at the front of the park. I'm not sure where Goofy is going. Snow White is headed outside near the castle. I'm sure there are more changes, I just haven't heard about them. One of the goals is to eventually make the wait time for the Princesses a little bit shorter and possibly update their room; although I like it the way it is.

I'd ask a cast member to check the character hotline if you need to see a specific character.

Interesting.

The other day half of ToonTown had air and half didn't. The poor Princesses and the cast didn't have air, but Snow White's room and the queue area did.

Ewww, I hate when the AC goes out. It is horrible in the rooms.

WDWKat26

Yep, there are changes happening in Toontown. One of the rooms will be closed and will re-open on the 2nd of September with 2 Princess rooms. This is happening to cut down on the wait to see the Princesses.

acgift

Where in Toon town are the Princesses?

Hi - I'm new to this board and have been reading so many posts. I didn't know the Princesses were in Toon town. I only thought it had Chip/Dale/Goofy. Where would we find the Princesses. First going in December. Thanks.:)

joanna71985

Yep, there are changes happening in Toontown. One of the rooms will be closed and will re-open on the 2nd of September with 2 Princess rooms. This is happening to cut down on the wait to see the Princesses.

Thank goodness! The wait for the Princess room can be horrendous. Do you know which ones would be in each room? I am going to take a guess that Belle and Cinderella will not be together.

Goofy is going to the Barnstormer. Donald is going over to his boat. Minnie is going to her house in the gazebo.

I like the changes.

Hi - I'm new to this board and have been reading so many posts. I didn't know the Princesses were in Toon town. I only thought it had Chip/Dale/Goofy. Where would we find the Princesses. First going in December. Thanks.:)

In between Mickey and Minnie's houses in Toontown there is a large tent (that is mainly a merchandise shop). Inside the tent there are 3 lines for characters. You can find them all in there (including princesses).

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So, they're removing the "Classics" characters from Toontown, and making two rooms for the Princesses. Who is going in the third room?

WDWKat26

I'm not so sure about the Snow White in front of the Castle, I believe she'll be in Toontown still. It wouldn't make sense to have her there. As for the room with the Characters, I know Pluto will be in there, but i'm not sure who else will be in there.

acgift

Princesses

Joanna - Thank you very much. We were there two years ago and got on a line that went to Chip/Dale/Goofy. I didn't know there were three lines. I guess you just ask to see who will be at the end of the line...or is there another way to know who you will wind up seeing?:kiss:

rcapolete

I know this probably won't happen but would love to see them tear down toontown and replace it with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My 2 yrold dd is absolutely in love with this show. She runs around that house singing the song all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom