Changes at WDW due to alligator attack (dedicated thread)

wdwfan22

Here is the latest mumblings going on regarding closures. The beaches at the resorts will reopen shortly. They will have operating hours like the pools and when they close at dusk they will be off limits. There are also plans in place to restrict non guests of the actual resort from being present during Wishes and the water pageant. When I hear more I'll be sure to relay what I know.

psherman42

Here is the latest mumblings going on regarding closures. The beaches at the resorts will reopen shortly. They will have operating hours like the pools and when they close at dusk they will be off limits. There are also plans in place to restrict non guests of the actual resort from being present during Wishes and the water pageant. When I hear more I'll be sure to relay what I know.
What about those with dining reservations?

MOXOMUMD

If they really planned on removing all gator stuff, Fantasia Gardens would have to change their logo. :facepalm:

o.jpg
IMG_5124.jpg

UberPlannerMom

I do hope and believe that the changes to the parade and such won't be permanent. I completely understand it for the short term though. It's one of those- too soon? type situations. I mean... when the gorilla was shot I was watching new coverage of it all and they cut to commercial... it was a preview for Tarzan. You know the one, where it starts with the gorilla taking the baby from his crib... yeah, that was awkward. Similarly, during the coverage about this poor child with the gator when they cut to commercial it was the geico commercial where the gator says he will cover lunch but can't seem to reach the bill. I just looked at my husband and said, "Maybe while they are searching for this baby and until that's not part of the news, just maybe they should suspend these commercials? Seems a bit tacky." So yeah, in the short term... that's a respect thing.

daringstoic

Oh no. Watching Wishes from the Poly beach while eating a Dole Whip is my go-to first night of vacation activity since we never get park tickets for the travel day. I spent many an evening there when I was a CM too.

CJR

I'm curious how they plan to control "access" to the said areas. Seems like a bigger challenge than it'll be worth, given the staff (which TDO would have to hire and pay for) and technology needed (if they plan to scan magic bands, since non-guests might have a magic band).

MOXOMUMD

Things like this won't change.
I know. IMO I think that the permanent removal of or suggestion of the removal of some of the alligator items is ridiculous. It was a sad tragedy, yes, but I wouldn't think the current WDW visitor will suffer anxiety over an alligator statue that has been there for years. The statues should be a reminder to use caution around the waters. That's just my opinion like every else has theirs.

wdwfan22

I'm curious how they plan to control "access" to the said areas. Seems like a bigger challenge than it'll be worth, given the staff (which TDO would have to hire and pay for) and technology needed (if they plan to scan magic bands, since non-guests might have a magic band).

It won't be that difficult. And if they close the beaches prior to the fireworks show there will not be many locations to view the show.

Buried20KLeague

It won't be that difficult. And if they close the beaches prior to the fireworks show there will not be many locations to view the show.

I disagree. I don't think they'll stop people from watching Wishes from the resort areas. They might announce that, but I'd find it hard to believe they'd enforce it too tightly. Anybody not staying at that property would clearly know "the game" and easily avoid being told to leave. Just knowing that it's a good location to watch from and then how to get to those spots and the effort required eliminates a lot of people. It's not like there's a nightly group of 100 non-resort people trying to watch from there.

"I don't have my key/band on me, but yeah I'm staying here."

I doubt you'd find many CM's put up too much of a fight.

aandmmagiccarpetride

Oh no. Watching Wishes from the Poly beach while eating a Dole Whip is my go-to first night of vacation activity since we never get park tickets for the travel day. I spent many an evening there when I was a CM too.
If this is going to be permanent this makes me extremely sad...watching Wishes and the Electrical Parade from the beach at Poly is one of the main reasons I chose to stay here for our Disneymoon in October :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom