Changes at WDW due to alligator attack (dedicated thread)

UofMGuy423

I wonder if they'll address the Croc that has Brer Fox's tail in his mouth at the end of Splash Mountain? I can't imagine them altering an AA. They might just be grabbing at the low hanging fruit until enough time has passed.

JohnD

I wonder if they'll address the Croc that has Brer Fox's tail in his mouth at the end of Splash Mountain? I can't imagine them altering an AA. They might just be grabbing at the low hanging fruit until enough time has passed.

I think altering AAs or the artwork (see ballerina on a rope above an alligator in the HM portrait room) would be going overboard.

wannabeBelle

I was at Coronado Springs over the weekend and signs saying "Beach Closed" were placed around the sandy areas by the Cabanas buildings and the hammocks that were in that same area were taken down. I didn't look to see if they are still up in different areas in the resort though. Marie

cheesecake

Removing the joke from Jungle Cruise was the right thing to do. The joke wasn't exceptionally funny or even memorable. I rode it (twice) five months ago, and an untold amount of times before that. And I didn't remember it until it was brought up. It won't be missed. Even keeping Louis the Alligator our of that show for maybe a month or two would probably be best. But I don't think they should eradicate all alligator and crocodile characters permanently.

prberk

Original Poster
Removing the joke from Jungle Cruise was the right thing to do. The joke wasn't exceptionally funny or even memorable. I rode it (twice) five months ago, and an untold amount of times before that. And I didn't remember it until it was brought up. It won't be missed. Even keeping Louis the Alligator our of that show for maybe a month or two would probably be best. But I don't think they should eradicate all alligator and crocodile characters permanently.

I do think that perhaps the chomping alligator barge in the Electric Water Pageant might have seen his last days forever, though, given the international and pervasive news coverage this event received and the fact that the pageant takes place on the very same waters. I agree with its removal, not just for the family (who has left), but because it would be inappropriate now. Not sure if it will ever be brought back -- except maybe a few years down the road.

Anyone have confirmation on the water pageant itself? Is it back to operating but just without the alligator barge?

Also any confirmation on fencing at other beaches not previously mentioned? (Especially the Beach Resort?)

21stamps

This is not my personal photo. Apparently the movies are being held on the grass now.

image.jpeg

BuddyThomas

Good idea. I will try to do that. But understand I may not get to visit more than once a day, and some days may not get to visit. At least with this thread we should be able to see the updates posted without scrolling down through too much else.

Thanks. I do not mind some discussion here, especially about how the changes affect park operations or maybe comparing to how it or something similar worked in the past or elsewhere, and to some degree whether it would work at all; but I would like to keep it to immediately relevant discussion. Even over time it will be good to use this thread, I think, to see which changes were temporary and which changes become permanent.

I do value everyone's opinion. Just want to keep this thread centered. I suggest posters simply try to use their judgment to keep it relevant to any changes and what effect they might have on park or resort ops, or how they might have handled it in the past or elsewhere. The thread will be easier to follow that way.
This is a VERY strict thread. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom